TX - Dr. Mark Hausknecht, 65, Physician to GHW Bush killed in bicycle drive-by shooting, Houston

Jilted lover?

I’m going to be honest here. I feel this is the least likely scenario for various reasons. It makes sense to me it would be a hired hit by a relative of a former patient or coworker. Everything points to the doctor living a good quiet clean life and up to this point, no information has come out from anyone to dispute this.

I'm sorta new here to WS and am confused about some things. Can someone help me out? I was posting on a thread on a missing persons case, and the Admin shut it down suddenly. No explanation given, no directions on where to find a new thread. Just, BOOM! GONE! It's frustrating. The other thing, I see a huge warning not to contribute money to "causes" which was posted by Admin, then I find a post by Admin asking for donations for an Admin person. So, I must admit, Im a little confused by it all.

Seeing the police reach out and releasing all these videos to the public, reminds me of Foxfire may he rest in peace. He was always so supportive of releasing information to the public, knowing the public can help so much these days with social media versus the old days of keeping everything close to the vest.

:rose:

He certainly does look cool as a cucumber. Practiced.

jmo

I wish we knew the address of this so that we could map it with our great members that we have on this site. To see where he killed him and where this was shot would be very good to know.

We have a member here, gray Hughes, who often finds stuff out like that..

I wish we knew the address of this so that we could map it with our great members that we have on this site. To see where he killed him and where this was shot would be very good to know.

Maybe some locals on the thread might recognize the street?

My guess so far is this is the Southgate neighborhood and the suspect was on Southgate. Notice on the satellite how Southgate street has a median.

ETA: the streets are also too narrow for this to be Main and Holcombe. And the sidewalks look like they are leading up to a front door to a home. So I’m
thinking this possibly confirms he rode into the Southgate neighborhood afterwards. I wasn’t sure before if he turned left on Southgate from Main and then turned on Travis or if he actually entered the neighborhood.

Attachments

• 71C5CD59-D746-46AF-A295-E841D7D1B2A1.jpeg
    71C5CD59-D746-46AF-A295-E841D7D1B2A1.jpeg
    163.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Usually in movies, you’ll see hit men dressed in black for of course theatrical effect. However, it makes sense the suspect dressed like an everyday person. I would of not given him a second look on the street. People around here tend to be more suspicious of people dressed in all black ( especially on a hot summer day) but this guy easily looks like a student biking to med school or Rice. Another reason he was able to get away without attracting much attention. This seems too well planned and executed to be random or an inexperienced angry person.

The video looks like Southgate, and it looks like the same video the grainy stills were pulled from earlier.

Here’s a map of where the shooting occurred and 6600 main at and you can see where the suspect turned left on southgate after.

Attachments

• E008119B-6A84-493A-894C-F87C06CEB644.jpeg
    E008119B-6A84-493A-894C-F87C06CEB644.jpeg
    167.8 KB · Views: 20
Here’s a map of where the shooting occurred and 6600 main at and you can see where the suspect turned left on southgate after.

I cannot figure out what you were talking about. From this map. Also, this is what it looks like on the new server here. It used to be that photographs were shown in line, but no longer. It shows more about the photograph itself than the photograph what you have to click on and then you cannot see what was written.

Thank you for your attempt at explaining, I'm just too obtuse to understand it. And the new way the new server is showing photographs, is very aggravating. Does anybody know how to get a different view so that the photographs show up like it used to 3 months ago?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180730-163516.png
    Screenshot_20180730-163516.png
    605.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20180730-163508.png
    Screenshot_20180730-163508.png
    223.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20180730-163816.png
    Screenshot_20180730-163816.png
    154.4 KB · Views: 12
I cannot figure out what you were talking about. From this map. Also, this is what it looks like on the new server here. It used to be that photographs were shown in line, but no longer. It shows more about the photograph itself than the photograph what you have to click on and then you cannot see what was written.

Thank you for your attempt at explaining, I'm just too obtuse to understand it. And the new way the new server is showing photographs, is very aggravating. Does anybody know how to get a different view so that the photographs show up like it used to 3 months ago?

Hi Dixiegirl. Can you click on the file? It enlarges the photos for me when I click.

Also wanted to add the time stamp in the video was 8:49-8:50. If it’s correct, then most likely the neighborhood was Southgate since that is where a witness last saw him going towards.

Hi I cross the street at Southgate and Main/Holcombe (the doctor was shot where the 2 streets merge) for work in the mornings. The area is very busy at 9:00 AM, there are police officers contracted by TCH to help with crossing at Southgate and main but they leave about 9:15 ish...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod
Back