TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at the timeline and it appears that Liz and her husband discussed the garage sale the evening prior to the murder. She got a coffee at Starbucks prior to setting up. I imagine that the killer would not want to run the risk of other people being there so he struck early. So that begs the question how did he know that she would be setting up at that hour? How many people would have known that she would be there setting up at 7 AM?

Also, perhaps the perp used Google maps, or Google earth to scout the area before hand. Being that the area is quite specific, would the police be able to subpoena Google for searches conducted on the streets and school nearby the crime scene? How many people did searches for their street, or the school, or surrounding streets within proximity of the crime? Google should be able to provide query history quite easily it would seem. It seems reasonable that the perpetrator access this information to determine entry and escape routes. Perhaps they also searched by name or street address and that information can be ascertained as well.

Of final note, the killer parked behind Liz’ car-was that a coincidence or might they have known that that was her vehicle?

I was looking at the timeline and it appears that Liz and her husband discussed the garage sale the evening prior to the murder. She got a coffee at Starbucks prior to setting up. I imagine that the killer would not want to run the risk of other people being there so he struck early. So that begs the question how did he know that she would be setting up at that hour? How many people would have known that she would be there setting up at 7 AM?

Also, perhaps the perp used Google maps, or Google earth to scout the area before hand. Being that the area is quite specific, would the police be able to subpoena Google for searches conducted on the streets and school nearby the crime scene? How many people did searches for their street, or the school, or surrounding streets within proximity of the crime? Google should be able to provide query history quite easily it would seem. It seems reasonable that the perpetrator access this information to determine entry and escape routes. Perhaps they also searched by name or street address and that information can be ascertained as well.

Of final note, the killer parked behind Liz’ car-was that a coincidence or might they have known that that was her vehicle?
Absolutely, LE would start with geofence warrants and request from Google or another tech company about any devices in the area at the time.

IMO, this could be the hold up.

Imo, killer parked by the Mustang to stay out of Barraza’s camera range. Good question if they knew Liz’s car. I don’t know the answer to that question though.

edited: additional details

Here we are 4 years (next month) later and nothing. I am hoping for a breakthrough in this case. Soon!

IMO, there are additional cctv footage that hasn’t been released to date. Not sure why, but hanging on to hope that the footage is valuable to the case when they go to trial.

All in a MOO

Why did the killer want to kill Liz prior to the anniversary weekend? Why that day?

Why did the killer wait for S to leave for work that morning before killing Liz?

Why did the killer want to kill Liz at her own home in her driveway?

Why didn’t the killer kill S? Why wasn’t S killed?

Did the killer know about the anniversary weekend?

Did the killer know Liz’s & S’s work schedules? Did the killer know what time Liz & S left for work each morning? If so, how would they know that?

Why did the killer want to kill Liz prior to the anniversary weekend? Why that day?

Why did the killer wait for S to leave for work that morning before killing Liz?

Why did the killer want to kill Liz at her own home in her driveway?

Why didn’t the killer kill S? Why wasn’t S killed?

Did the killer know about the anniversary weekend?

Did the killer know Liz’s & S’s work schedules? Did the killer know what time Liz & S left for work each morning? If so, how would they know that?
All good questions, which highlight the premise that the killer had a LOT of inside information. Now, there's no criticizing success-and so far, this assassination HAS been a success for the perpetuators of this crime. But really-if you were a hired killer, would you have done it this way? Why not do it at night, or away from her residence, or by home invasion? I would think that LE has pulled a LOT of video footage-other residences along the approach/escape routes, gas stations, quick stops, etc. It could be that they know who the killer is, but want to bring all culpable parties to justice and need more time to make those links. There is just too much evidence for this to be a stagnant case, imho.

All good questions, which highlight the premise that the killer had a LOT of inside information. Now, there's no criticizing success-and so far, this assassination HAS been a success for the perpetuators of this crime. But really-if you were a hired killer, would you have done it this way? Why not do it at night, or away from her residence, or by home invasion? I would think that LE has pulled a LOT of video footage-other residences along the approach/escape routes, gas stations, quick stops, etc. It could be that they know who the killer is, but want to bring all culpable parties to justice and need more time to make those links. There is just too much evidence for this to be a stagnant case, imho.
I am 100% with you! MOO, more than one coward is involved in this inhumane killing. Cannot wait for when these gutless people are exposed.

I still check in on this thread daily hoping for any updates we can get.

To ponder the question why only Liz was killed, to me there are two possibilities:

1) The killer only had it out for Liz. They considered the husband innocent and wanted to wait until he was gone for the day so there wouldn't be a witness/they wouldn't have to kill him also and it would be a riskier situation with two vs. one.

2) Maybe more far-fetched but the killer actually had it out for her husband and killed Liz to cause him pain. Maybe they figured the "best" way to make him suffer was not to kill him but to kill the person he loved. So they waited for him to leave to take her out.

I feel like if it was someone who was angry at the both of them as a couple, they would have attacked both of them and waited for a time they were both home, maybe a middle-of-the-night home invasion or something similar.

I feel like whichever reason it was, the killer DID know about her husband and his routine. It seems too big of a coincidence to pull up mere minutes after he leaves. MOO

I've silently followed this case, each year believing "this will be the year of an arrest". Approaching four years now and no arrest. I've nothing of any worth to add to this thread, but my belief is the instigator of Liz's murder has been too dam lucky!!!

I wanted to say this in response to some of the later posts on the last thread, but it wouldn't allow me to reply. Something to consider is that Liz left that morning to get coffee. If we are to assume this was a person that had no knowledge of the garage sale, how could we explain the killer not thinking Liz was leaving for work at that time and taking his/her shot then? IMO there are a couple things we can deduce from this...1. The killer/s absolutely knew about the garage sale and knew that Liz would be back. We can also deduce that for whatever reason, killing her while hubby was home wasn't an option. IMO the shooting was intended to look like a robbery and had to be done in the short window between SB departure and any other potential garage sale shoppers showed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa