TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know off hand if there were any cameras between Barraza’s and Goddard school?
IIRC, Goddard School parking lot camera was not working at the time. In addition, there are other working cameras from the parking lot to the Barraza home that have not been released. MOO

Moreover, not sure why the truck has never been located but then maybe it has? Also, not sure if the truck is a Frontier? I know LE say it is... I actually saw one the other day that did not have Pro 4 sticker on it...I guess sticker determines the year? I had to stop staring at it so not to cause owner to say something to me. MOO

IIRC, Goddard School parking lot camera was not working at the time. In addition, there are other working cameras from the parking lot to the Barraza home that have not been released. MOO

Moreover, not sure why the truck has never been located but then maybe it has? Also, not sure if the truck is a Frontier? I know LE say it is... I actually saw one the other day that did not have Pro 4 sticker on it...I guess sticker determines the year? I had to stop staring at it so not to cause owner to say something to me. MOO
The Pro4X sticker is for specific trim packages so it’s not on all frontiers. I agree with LE that it’s a Nissan Frontier Pro4X it’s not easily confused with other trucks, it’s a very small truck, it’s not a full size truck.

<modsnip - quoted post removed> I ask myself why didn't the killer ambush her as she left for work on any given day? Or in a different location, perhaps leaving work or when arriving home? It is because the sale afforded a unsuspecting and disarmed target with a high likelihood of success and no contact DNA. No struggle, easy to approach/flee, better witness management, fewer high quality cams (btw RING cams only record when activated-they are not continuous feed). As I have mentioned before, the highest value of the garage sale appears to have been the opportunity to kill Liz. We can agree that the financial gain from the sale would be minimal.

The killer has been lucky thus far, like someone who manages to successfully walk through a mine field. Their use of a cosplay-like disguise further cements the link to the inner circle. The killer knew that wearing that disguise would both conceal their identity AND put Liz at ease-this requires intimate knowledge of Liz AND THE NATURE of the garage sale. The killer knew about the sale and Liz' affinity for Star Wars/Cosplay. 0% chance this is random and 100% chance the killer had inside information.
And Liz had no where to escape... which I am sure she goes into shock seeing the gun for the first time. However, she is pinned/locked in because of the design/placement of the garage sale set up. A table and treadmill between her and no where to run but to turn around and head inside of her garage... where the shooter can still pin her down. HORRIBLE! Who moved those heavier objects for Liz? <modsnip> MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
And Liz had no where to escape... which I am sure she goes into shock seeing the gun for the first time. However, she is pinned/locked in because of the design/placement of the garage sale set up. A table and treadmill between her and no where to run but to turn around and head inside of her garage... where the shooter can still pin her down. HORRIBLE! Who moved those heavier objects for Liz? <modsnip> MOO
The garage was shut for the garage sale, so she couldn’t have even run in there.

Your post has me wondering, was the front door locked or just the alarm set?

If what you say was actually planned, then even that much more horrific, yes.

The garage was shut for the garage sale, so she couldn’t have even run in there.

I did not know that the garage door was shut ... I read somewhere that she had set the alarm which IMO would be something that I would do even If I am out in my yard I'd set the alarm. Thanks for that info.

I only read that the alarm was set. I don't know anything about whether the front door was locked or unlocked. IMO.

In the Delphi murder case RA was arrested and he wasn’t on anyone’s radar as a suspect.

These cases are very different but maybe there will be a similar outcome where a suspect is suddenly arrested that was basically unknown to us. But that suspect will fit perfectly and the missing pieces will make sense. This would be someone from Liz’s life that had intense hatred or feelings of persecution of some sort.

But as I wrote in a previous post, all we really have right now is <modsnip> some unknown. It certainly could be anything. Much like the Delphi case one big question is whether law enforcement has some information they are keeping back that might hint at an answer.

I can’t think of who would want to murder such a sweet and helpful person like Liz so brutally and mercilessly.As stated in a previous post, I think the vehicle may have gone to Mexico. I have a feeling that the missing piece is hidden in the doorbell camera. Could it be possible to catch a clue from the log in and log outs of the doorbell camera .
I think the case needs to be handled with different eyes again. There is no perfect murder .. we have only seen the first act and I believe this ruthless murder will come to light in the second act. Jmo .

It's sad that more resources are not being thrown at this case. It is solvable. I think about the Moscow, ID incident and wow-the budget seems endless on that one. Has a profiler ever been assigned to Liz' case? I mean a real one? Motive is very key to this case, like most, so getting inside the head of the killer is important. Most would agree that this was not random, so barring that we have to look at financial gain, at possible affairs and work-related scenarios as motive. It appears that Liz was a fine person, and I don't really see her as straying in the marriage. She looks exuberant, kind and very family-oriented. Because of this, I do not feel that this was a vendetta-killing. The killer moved with purpose and planning. Many of the rage/revenge killings I have become familiar with show elevated emotional states on the part of the killers. They may engage verbally in a loud and angry manner. Arms may flail. Rage-filled killings are seldom this tidy. The killings in these cases rise to gunfire, but don't usually occur as quickly and purposefully as this crime did. This appears to be a boldly executed assassination, which likely points to a paid killer. Now, someone with a vendetta can also hire a killer, so food for thought. Of course, all IMHO and I am painting scenarios, but like one member here reminded us-don't over-think it. Hopefully LE knows a lot more than we do. <modsnip - not victim friendly>

It's sad that more resources are not being thrown at this case. It is solvable. I think about the Moscow, ID incident and wow-the budget seems endless on that one. Has a profiler ever been assigned to Liz' case? I mean a real one? Motive is very key to this case, like most, so getting inside the head of the killer is important. Most would agree that this was not random, so barring that we have to look at financial gain, at possible affairs and work-related scenarios as motive. It appears that Liz was a fine person, and I don't really see her as straying in the marriage. She looks exuberant, kind and very family-oriented. Because of this, I do not feel that this was a vendetta-killing. The killer moved with purpose and planning. Many of the rage/revenge killings I have become familiar with show elevated emotional states on the part of the killers. They may engage verbally in a loud and angry manner. Arms may flail. Rage-filled killings are seldom this tidy. The killings in these cases rise to gunfire, but don't usually occur as quickly and purposefully as this crime did. This appears to be a boldly executed assassination, which likely points to a paid killer. Now, someone with a vendetta can also hire a killer, so food for thought. Of course, all IMHO and I am painting scenarios, but like one member here reminded us-don't over-think it. Hopefully LE knows a lot more than we do. <modsnip - not victim friendly>
In my opinion only, it's not work related...iirc, Liz was the only employee that was off/requested off....Do we actually know anything about the company? <modsnip - not victim friendly> How big was the company? How many employees? Liz did data-entry? What kind of data? (normal stuff?) I don't know; I tend to think there was anger on the part of the perpetrator, or at least the role they played...Didn't the perpetrator say something and pull out some kind of paper to show Liz? Before they violently shot her? Or could that rage on the part of the perpetrator be a red herring; or simply playing a role, together with the costume? (or robe)

In my opinion only, it's not work related...iirc, Liz was the only employee that was off/requested off....Do we actually know anything about the company? <modsnip - not victim friendly> How big was the company? How many employees? Liz did data-entry? What kind of data? (normal stuff?) I don't know; I tend to think there was anger on the part of the perpetrator, or at least the role they played...Didn't the perpetrator say something and pull out some kind of paper to show Liz? Before they violently shot her? Or could that rage on the part of the perpetrator be a red herring; or simply playing a role, together with the costume? (or robe)
She didn’t do data entry, she was a data analyst.

Does anyone have thoughts on if the costume (or robe) was a red herring? If so, could all that anger from the perpetrator be an act, also? Misdirection?
The costume served the purpose to conceal the identity of the shooter. The robe/scrubs and wig were perhaps chosen because they’re items easily removed, can be discarded and rid of any blood evidence/splatter, etc.

Liz at first stated a greeting. As the shooter approached her maybe Liz recognized the shooter, saw the gun, stepped back, and a few words were spoken. What was said I don’t know. I can’t understand a word of what was said during video other than a few words. It also looked like she extended her hand out for something. What I don’t know. I think the shooter wanted Liz to know who was about to kill her. So maybe that also tells you that the shooter does not own the truck? If so, why didn’t the truck when it first appeared ...alarm Liz?

Narrative is all a MOO.

I think the shooter wanted Liz to know who was about to kill her. So maybe that also tells you that the shooter does not own the truck? If so, why didn’t the truck when it first appeared ...alarm Liz?
That the truck was either not owned by the killer and/or from outside the area is something I've always suspected. The fact that LE or the family and friends can't ID it is one factor. But I've never considered Elizabeth not recognizing it a factor before now.

Of course, considering a murder by a third party on behalf of another, maybe the shooter wasn't someone Elizabeth would have known so the shooter have wanted her to know who wanted her dead.

Just like in the Delphi murders where LE did their best to enhance the photo, I wonder if LE has used experts to try and enhance the audio from the ring video. Given Elizabeth's past in FL and current home in TX, I've never found out if she knew any Spanish. For all I know the shooter could have relayed their message in Spanish.

Do we know how long Elizabeth and S were married? Also, why were his paychecks bouncing? A person of interest in Florida is very interesting to me was S from Florida as well or just Elizabeth?
I believe their trip to Florida was to celebrate their 5th anniversary.

ETA: yes 5th anniversary mentioned in this article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member