TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you @SnowAngels. Agreed.

Feeling like I had to go “underground“ to get to Liz’s thread. :( More importantly, you said it so well.

Liz’s case does need traction. It won’t get much traction in cold case. Liz needs justice. :(
If you "watch" a thread (tab at upper right) I think it will still be on your watch list even if it is re-categorized in a new folder. Maybe I'm in a minority of websleuthers but the watch list is the only way I can keep track of the ones I'm following closely.

If you "watch" a thread (tab at upper right) I think it will still be on your watch list even if it is re-categorized in a new folder. Maybe I'm in a minority of websleuthers but the watch list is the only way I can keep track of the ones I'm following closely.
I'm the same way, I depend on my "Watched Threads" list to keep up and this thread still shows up there even with the new categorization. :)

2019 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X

Driver got lost? Doubtful. Touch screen Navigation

Screenshot 2023-04-20 4.42.24 PM.png

Video posted APR 11, 2019 and has over 400k views.
It was educational, for me, to view the video due to being able to see the interior, including the console area, learn about the gear shifting mechanism, and other features. Sold in the $30k range.

Yes, and curiously, why didn't the shooter pick Saturday? Only real difference is that Sergio would have been there, and at that hour many folks would have been more-likely asleep than on Friday (a day when many people would be going to work and/or dropping children off at school). LE always says that there are no coincidences, so why the quick duck by the perp into the school parking lot as the husband was driving away?

There's a reason why polygraph test results are not admissible in court...AIMHO
Couple of possible reasons.

Perhaps the shooter had to work Saturday morning.

Sergio would be home Saturday morning.

One big reason I think the shooter chose Friday was the opportunity. I believe the shooter had the perfect storm of circumstances to carry it out Friday morning. I think the truck was normally never anywhere close to Texas, or at least the shooter's residence (out of town visitor? Boyfriend? Family visiting?). I think the shooter made a quick excuse to use it, or used it as the owner was sleeping. I think the weapon may have been all the shooter could get their hands on at short notice (and/or could have used it strategically to not leave casings and less chances of misfire). I think the shooter is a woman, dressed like someone Liz's age who is going to carry out an outside activity such as walking the dog or smoking a cigarette, or just walking around the house after JUST waking up. I think the idea had been brewing in her mind for a long time, and the pieces just so happened to fit that morning when she woke up. It may not have been a light bulb moment at 5am, but may have been a plan that she realized was entirely possible some time Thursday night.

2019 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X

Driver got lost? Doubtful. Touch screen Navigation

View attachment 416049

Video posted APR 11, 2019 and has over 400k views.
It was educational, for me, to view the video due to being able to see the interior, including the console area, learn about the gear shifting mechanism, and other features. Sold in the $30k range.

GPS navigation. I'm bumping into more aspects of this case thru here that I don't hear from the media or LE. I have to believe LE looked at this after the videos and had it in their case files by the first week of Feb 2019.

Of course, going with the possible scenario that this was not the killer's truck...would they know about it? If we're dealing with a premeditated hit then maybe they either turned their phone off, put it in airplane mode or even left it at home, using a burner instead. In which case, we have a killer who doesn't know how to use the nav system and they don't have their phone to use Google Maps.

But I've got to put this on the list of things to consider. Thanks.

Couple of possible reasons.

Perhaps the shooter had to work Saturday morning.

Sergio would be home Saturday morning.

One big reason I think the shooter chose Friday was the opportunity. I believe the shooter had the perfect storm of circumstances to carry it out Friday morning. I think the truck was normally never anywhere close to Texas, or at least the shooter's residence (out of town visitor? Boyfriend? Family visiting?). I think the shooter made a quick excuse to use it, or used it as the owner was sleeping. I think the weapon may have been all the shooter could get their hands on at short notice (and/or could have used it strategically to not leave casings and less chances of misfire). I think the shooter is a woman, dressed like someone Liz's age who is going to carry out an outside activity such as walking the dog or smoking a cigarette, or just walking around the house after JUST waking up. I think the idea had been brewing in her mind for a long time, and the pieces just so happened to fit that morning when she woke up. It may not have been a light bulb moment at 5am, but may have been a plan that she realized was entirely possible some time Thursday night.
Or the shooter was out of town and this killer was house sitting with the truck in the garage/carport. I track my mileage because I need mileage and gas purchases for business deductions, but I'm in a very small minority here. This killer could have used the truck and the owner doesn't have a clue. And if the truck is based out of the Houston area it is likely it won't be called in as a tip.

Or the shooter was out of town and this killer was house sitting with the truck in the garage/carport. I track my mileage because I need mileage and gas purchases for business deductions, but I'm in a very small minority here. This killer could have used the truck and the owner doesn't have a clue. And if the truck is based out of the Houston area it is likely it won't be called in as a tip.
That’s an interesting thought

Could have been house sitting, or the shooter could have been the person from out of town and used someone’s truck they were visiting.

That’s an interesting thought

Could have been house sitting, or the shooter could have been the person from out of town and used someone’s truck they were visiting.

But wouldn't police have tried to get their hands on as much vehicle registration for Nissan Frontier Pro-4X trucks in the area as possible? Wouldn't the friend have to be completely oblivious to knowing about the Elizabeth Barraza case? If police could have somehow seen the license plates, was the killer hoping the friend would be considered the killer?

I think if the killer knew there were surveillance cameras in the area the number one thing they would want to make sure could not be seen would be the license plates. For that reason, I think this is probably one of the killer's personal vehicles or a rental from far away.

I think if the killer knew there were surveillance cameras in the area the number one thing they would want to make sure could not be seen would be the license plates. For that reason, I think this is probably one of the killer's personal vehicles or a rental from far away.
Another theory I had. The Star Wars and Harry Potter participants come from all over. This killer could have been from San Antonio, Dallas/FW, Lake Charles LA or any place in between or farther away.

A question that haunts me.. How did LE make sure that the truck that passed by Liz's house at 2:30 the previous night was the same vehicle ? There seems to be no specific sign outside the car that allows it to be recognized.So I think they had to have gotten the plate number to state that as a fact and it turned out to be fake and a dead end. Just a thought .

A question that haunts me.. How did LE make sure that the truck that passed by Liz's house at 2:30 the previous night was the same vehicle ? There seems to be no specific sign outside the car that allows it to be recognized.So I think they had to have gotten the plate number to state that as a fact and it turned out to be fake and a dead end. Just a thought .
I've always wondered too. It really bothers me that it is the one thing on the family timeline that was not verified by Detective Ritchie. All Ritchies entries are in red; this one is not. WHY?
Have we seen this one on video? My memory fails me.....

1682210754364.pngFamily Page

Wow! Another interesting aspect. LE OBVIOUSLY doesn't have the license plate. Granted that particular truck is not that common and LE probably canvassed the neighborhood to see who owned one. But this vehicle is not that RARE.

AS video 2 speaks about the time discrepancy.

Timestamp 21:32 is that officer Villalobos enters the date incorrectly as January 26th when it
was actually January 25th this report has numerous errors throughout in fact on this same page
officer Villalobos enters the date as 2018 when it was actually 2019 but the
real shocker here is that according to officer Villalobos the neighbor States this footage was captured at
approximately 12 30 am for years we've been led to believe that
this footage was captured at around 2 am even on the who killed Liz Barraza
website it states that at approximately 2 am the black Nissan Frontier is
observed on neighborhood cameras perhaps Liz's killers were out that night driving around the barrazas
neighborhood for several hours and were seen on another neighbor's camera at 2
m another possibility is that this neighbor may have stated the incorrect time when she spoke with officer
Villalobos initially alternatively perhaps officer Villalobos entered the wrong time in his summary
22:45 what do you think about this 12 30 am statement does the hour and a half discrepancy
really make a difference leave a comment below moving on to page 14.

I think it comes down to what is most probable. If the Nissan Frontier Pro-4X was spotted at 2 am (or according to Arrin Stoner's video 12:30am) coming down a certain street at that time police are going to check out every house on that street to see about vehicle registration addresses for that vehicle. My guess is police did exactly this and got vehicle registrations for Nissan Frontier Pro-4X trucks for the entire subdivision.

Whether it is the vehicle itself or the license plate or the murderer, one question I would like to ask Elizabeth Barraza's husband would be, "Did she usually go out a little after 6 am to go to Starbucks and return around 6:15 am each day? Was it just that day or was going to Starbucks in the morning at least a 2-3 day a week occurence?" The reason is at the end of Arrin Stoner's video, he has bonus footage. The bonus footage is of Elizabeth Barraza getting into her car and warming it up for about a minute, then leaving to go to Starbucks. Then she returns, parking the car on the street, and going inside the house.

Why did the killer not commit the crime then? It was still dark outside. Whether when she left of when she returned, if the killer had shot her then, they could have gotten in their vehicle and been out of there before Sergio even came outside. Plus, identification would have been very difficult, especially of the killer.

Maybe Sergio might say she went to Starbucks often, but I would have gotten surveillance tapes from inside Starbucks and the drive-thru for 6-7am to see how many times during that week leading up to her murder, she went to Starbucks at approximately the same time as the morning of her murder. My opinion is that the killer was waiting for her to leave for work and expected that to happen at around 6:30 to 7 am. The killer may never have seen her leave to go to Starbucks that morning.

So, when the shooter approaches Liz, it looks like they are showing Liz something with their extended left hand.

Based on what I saw, I believe it may be a phone screen the shooter is showing.

We know that digital forensics showed no signs on infidelities from either Sergio or Liz.

But, could someone have been using Liz's pictures to essentially catfish someone?

If the shooter was showing Liz a screenshot of text exchange, it would make a lot of sense to my why Liz leaned in to see the persons extended left arm right before she was shot.

I think it comes down to what is most probable. If the Nissan Frontier Pro-4X was spotted at 2 am (or according to Arrin Stoner's video 12:30am) coming down a certain street at that time police are going to check out every house on that street to see about vehicle registration addresses for that vehicle. My guess is police did exactly this and got vehicle registrations for Nissan Frontier Pro-4X trucks for the entire subdivision.

Whether it is the vehicle itself or the license plate or the murderer, one question I would like to ask Elizabeth Barraza's husband would be, "Did she usually go out a little after 6 am to go to Starbucks and return around 6:15 am each day? Was it just that day or was going to Starbucks in the morning at least a 2-3 day a week occurence?" The reason is at the end of Arrin Stoner's video, he has bonus footage. The bonus footage is of Elizabeth Barraza getting into her car and warming it up for about a minute, then leaving to go to Starbucks. Then she returns, parking the car on the street, and going inside the house.

Why did the killer not commit the crime then? It was still dark outside. Whether when she left of when she returned, if the killer had shot her then, they could have gotten in their vehicle and been out of there before Sergio even came outside. Plus, identification would have been very difficult, especially of the killer.

Maybe Sergio might say she went to Starbucks often, but I would have gotten surveillance tapes from inside Starbucks and the drive-thru for 6-7am to see how many times during that week leading up to her murder, she went to Starbucks at approximately the same time as the morning of her murder. My opinion is that the killer was waiting for her to leave for work and expected that to happen at around 6:30 to 7 am. The killer may never have seen her leave to go to Starbucks that morning.
Bbm, I’ve been wanting to discuss this so I’m glad you mentioned it. Liz gets a notification on her phone as she’s walking out of her house, you can hear it. I think she responded to that text and that’s why she sat in her car for so long before she left for Starbucks. Unless she was also placing her Starbucks order before she pulled out but I’d assumed she’d already placed her order and was just going to pick it up.

Edit because I never even mentioned my point….who was she texting before she left? It was 6:15a, IIRC her parents weren’t up that early that day so I doubt it was them. I have just been curious about that text because of the time being pretty early in the morning.

JAN 26, 2023

KHOU 11 exclusive: Elizabeth Barraza's husband speaks to Grace White about wife's 2019 death

I learned a few new things in this interview. In no particular order:

* SB has watched the released footage that shows the killer only once. (@ 17:28) Hard to watch her being scared. Wished he could have been there to keep her safe.

* SB does not mention anyone that may have had an issue with Liz. (@ 5:06 & 9:50)

* SB met his new wife, AB, on Match.Com. (details are @ 19:30)

* EB would notify SB if she became frightened when he was not home. A few of those times SB would be at MakerBarn which is appx a 6 minute drive N of their marital home. (@ 13:20)

maker's barn, tomball, tx - Bing

The arts and crafts MakerBarn is a membership only organization.

The MakerBarn – A MakerSpace for The Woodlands/Magnolia/Spring/Tomball/North Houston

I learned a few new things in this interview. In no particular order:

* SB has watched the released footage that shows the killer only once. (@ 17:28) Hard to watch her being scared. Wished he could have been there to keep her safe.

* SB does not mention anyone that may have had an issue with Liz. (@ 5:06 & 9:50)

* SB met his new wife, AB, on Match.Com. (details are @ 19:30)

* EB would notify SB if she became frightened when he was not home. A few of those times SB would be at MakerBarn which is appx a 6 minute drive N of their marital home. (@ 13:20)

maker's barn, tomball, tx - Bing

The arts and crafts MakerBarn is a membership only organization.

The MakerBarn – A MakerSpace for The Woodlands/Magnolia/Spring/Tomball/North Houston
Thanks, @DeDee. I recall most but not the MakerBarn mention. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members