TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did the killer chose to kill Liz on January 25, 2019? Why that morning, at that particular time?

Was the planned trip to Universal Studios Orlando the killer’s motive to stop Liz from going?

Why at Liz’s residence… on her driveway in front of a camera when another place without cameras would have sufficed.

Did killer know of the garage sale or happened to come upon it and quickly change plans?

Was the initial plan to kill Liz when she is on her way to work?

Did the killer want to relive their work knowing they’d be caught on camera, not caring about being caught because of the disguise? Proud of their work?

Why was Liz targeted?

Speculation, moo

Last edited:
I'm still searching for any detail that throws cold water on the tie-in to Sergio's job. Everything I've learned over the past 9 months or so seems to just further reinforce that theory. Obviously MOO.
Thank you for the update :) keep us posted, please!

I feel sad that this case seems to be a really ice cold case. Frankly I don't think the police know any more about the killer than they did the day it happened. So many unanswered questions. At this point there is no justice for this innocent woman.

Why did the killer chose to kill Liz on January 25, 2019? Why that morning, at that particular time?

Was the planned trip to Universal Studios Orlando the killer’s motive to stop Liz from going?

Why at Liz’s residence… on her driveway in front of a camera when another place without cameras would have sufficed.

Did killer know of the garage sale or happened to come upon it and quickly change plans?

Was the initial plan to kill Liz when she is on her way to work?

Did the killer want to relive their work knowing they’d be caught on camera, not caring about being caught because of the disguise? Proud of their work?

Why was Liz targeted?

Speculation, moo

Does anybody know when he actually met the woman he wound up marrying after Elizabeth's murder? I am racking my brain trying to figure out who would want this woman permanently gone----

It would interest me more to know who/if
Sergio was involved with at the Christian College
he and Elizabeth were at, that she went to after
her high school days. (Maybe he & Elizabeth met
at the Christian College?). Maybe Elizabeth 'stole'
Sergio away from someone else, someone who
bore a grudge.
I hope the Police don't wait 5 to 15 years to
release the other video(s) they have, of the
apparent Pro 4x vehicle driving in other parts of
Tomball in the morning close after the murder.
Might give us an idea which place/direction the
murderer continued on to.

It would interest me more to know who/if
Sergio was involved with at the Christian College
he and Elizabeth were at, that she went to after
her high school days. (Maybe he & Elizabeth met
at the Christian College?). Maybe Elizabeth 'stole'
Sergio away from someone else, someone who
bore a grudge.
I hope the Police don't wait 5 to 15 years to
release the other video(s) they have, of the
apparent Pro 4x vehicle driving in other parts of
Tomball in the morning close after the murder.
Might give us an idea which place/direction the
murderer continued on to.
  • Liz met Sergio Barraza while in college at Sam Houston State University in Huntsville, Texas.

Liz's parents' website state the above concerning how the couple met.

I am so curious why the other (IMO) surveillance videos of that truck have not been released to the public!

• Liz met Sergio Barraza while in college at Sam Houston State University in Huntsville, Texas.

Liz's parents' website state the above concerning how the couple met.

I am so curious why the other (IMO) surveillance videos of that truck have not been released to the public!
I was wondering when Sergio met his present wife-- was it after Elizabeth was
Murdered? Just reading about the shots fired into Elizabeth makes me think
This killer was in a murderous rage and hated Elizabeth. I mean one shot
Would have been enough, but four shots- up close like that!!!
This was an execution!

Last edited:
Does anybody know when he actually met the woman he wound up marrying after Elizabeth's murder? I am racking my brain trying to figure out who would want this woman permanently gone----

I was wondering when Sergio met his present wife-- was it after Elizabeth was
Murdered? Just reading about the shots fired into Elizabeth makes me think
This killer was in a murderous rage and hated Elizabeth. I mean one shot
Would have been enough, but four shots- up close like that!!!
This was an execution!

@timestamp around 19:29, S stated: "I found A about a year and a half ago after Liz passed away."

Moo, yes, four shots, overkill. Sounds like someone wanted to make sure Liz would die? Revenge kill?

Advantages of and reasons why a new set of investigative eyes would help the Liz Barraza case:

• Re-interview persons’ already interviewed
  • Interview persons’ not yet interviewed
  • Make sure all items were analyzed and recheck those items with appropriate teams, curious about the blood spatter analysis, were any (speculating wig worn) loose strands of wig left?
  • Recheck all alibis
  • It’s been over four (4) years since Liz’s murder and technology has advanced. Geofencing, burner phones can be tracked (read this, but no link at this time), recheck surveillance cameras, recheck the videos, cellular services, etc.
  • Think about what may have been overlooked about that truck, what may have been overlooked about any certain person(s).
  • Involve other LE agencies, agents, ask for help!

Additionally, it appears that the killer knew Liz would be in front of her home on that day. The killer moved in on Liz quickly, made some small talk?, shot Liz four (4) times, and ran off like a scared coward. Do we want this type of person walking around free, getting away with a brutal murder of an innocent woman that did nothing wrong?

All speculation and MOO.

Please feel free to add your own thoughts.

Advantages of and reasons why a new set of investigative eyes would help the Liz Barraza case:

• Make sure all items were analyzed and recheck those items with appropriate teams, curious about the blood spatter analysis, were any (speculating wig worn) loose strands of wig left?
  • Recheck all alibis
  • It’s been over four (4) years since Liz’s murder and technology has advanced. Geofencing, burner phones can be tracked (read this, but no link at this time), recheck surveillance cameras, recheck the videos, cellular services, etc.
  • Think about what may have been overlooked about that truck, what may have been overlooked about any certain person(s).

Additionally, it appears that the killer knew Liz would be in front of her home on that day. The killer moved in on Liz quickly, made some small talk?, shot Liz four (4) times, and ran off like a scared coward. Do we want this type of person walking around free, getting away with a brutal murder of an innocent woman that did nothing wrong?

All speculation and MOO.

You make excellent points- we just don't know if this case is being aggressively pursued as a cold case or languishing on a shelf somewhere: sigh

You make excellent points- we just don't know if this case is being aggressively pursued as a cold case or languishing on a shelf somewhere: sigh
Thanks for your response. Yes, and I'd add that we aren't going to be privy to LE's investigation. I get antsy (as am sure it shows) with Liz's case, it's been too long in my opinion, but justice will be sweet when it happens. Don't even what to think about what Liz's family go through. I know that there are much colder cases out there. However, if this case is no longer being worked (not saying that's the case) it would need a new analysis. May be funding is an issue? Is LE waiting on more tips to be called in?

MOO ... no facts to the post, and all speculation

Wonder if there were any Ring doorbell cameras being used in the neighborhood around the time of Liz's murder? moo

Edited: I've always been curious if someone had access to security camera - may be hacked into it? All speculation, moo

Ring security cameras gave every employee 'full access' to all customer video for years: FTC​

5/31/2023

Ring security cameras, the inexpensive security cameras that people can hook up in their houses or on their doors, were not fully secure for years, according to the Federal Trade Commission.

The video doorbell company allegedly "gave every employee ... full access to every customer video" before 2017 and failed to patch bugs in the system that allowed hackers to access cameras and scare consumers, the FTC's federal complaint says.

Last edited:
Wonder if there were any Ring doorbell cameras being used in the neighborhood around the time of Liz's murder? moo

Edited: I've always been curious if someone had access to security camera - may be hacked into it? All speculation, moo

Ring security cameras gave every employee 'full access' to all customer video for years: FTC​

5/31/2023

Ring security cameras, the inexpensive security cameras that people can hook up in their houses or on their doors, were not fully secure for years, according to the Federal Trade Commission.

The video doorbell company allegedly "gave every employee ... full access to every customer video" before 2017 and failed to patch bugs in the system that allowed hackers to access cameras and scare consumers, the FTC's federal complaint says.
You would think the police would have looked into the Ring Doorbell aspect of the case first thing-- at least I would hope so. When I watch the series "See No Evil" the first thing the detectives do is look for CCTV cameras in the area where the crime occurred. Isn't that investigation 101?

• Recheck all alibis

All speculation and MOO.

I like and agree with your post and also wonder if LE interviewed those whose homes or businesses were in the vicinity of where Liz and Sergio placed the signs advertising the garage sale? Maybe one way her assailant may have been aware of it taking place is because they or someone they are affiliated with saw the signs the evening before and subsequently developed and put their plans into place? This is just speculation of course and could be wrong.

WARNING FOUR SHOTS CAN BE HEARD AND SCREAMS

FORWARN: Right before timestamp 1:29 gun shots are loud!!!

"It’s a cleaner look at the truck, it passes by 3 times, so hopefully that truck will jog someone’s memory," said Det. Wallace Wyatt @HCSOTexas. Watch update to our original #MissingPieces story on the Elizabeth Barraza murder case here #KHOU11

Updated: 7:53 PM CST January 21, 2021

Investigators think the killer was already waiting in the neighborhood. A minute before the shooting, a Nissan Frontier 4x4 drove past Liz Barraza’s house and parked. A person then walked up the driveway wearing a disguise and fired four shots, killing Barraza.

Investigators were able to get several pieces of surveillance video from people living in the neighborhood and nearby businesses. The videos showed the truck in the neighborhood the night before and again after the murder.

Investigators ruled out robbery as a motive because nothing was taken.

WARNING FOUR SHOTS CAN BE HEARD AND SCREAMS

FORWARN: Right before timestamp 1:29 gun shots are loud!!!

"It’s a cleaner look at the truck, it passes by 3 times, so hopefully that truck will jog someone’s memory," said Det. Wallace Wyatt @HCSOTexas. Watch update to our original #MissingPieces story on the Elizabeth Barraza murder case here #KHOU11

Updated: 7:53 PM CST January 21, 2021

Investigators think the killer was already waiting in the neighborhood. A minute before the shooting, a Nissan Frontier 4x4 drove past Liz Barraza’s house and parked. A person then walked up the driveway wearing a disguise and fired four shots, killing Barraza.

Investigators were able to get several pieces of surveillance video from people living in the neighborhood and nearby businesses. The videos showed the truck in the neighborhood the night before and again after the murder.

Investigators ruled out robbery as a motive because nothing was taken.

Of the cases I follow I have to say this case is the one that haunts me the
most and it bothers me so much because it has gone unsolved after 4 1/2 years---Elizabeth Barazza was such an innocent victim--- of someone so evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member