TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speculation post!

Why that day? Why that moment?

There were other opportunities to kill Liz…
It appears that the killer wanted Liz to know why she was going to be killed. Why? Why did the killer want Liz to know this information? What would be a reason(s) so important to the killer or another person that Liz know why her life would be ending that day?

No facts, only a matter of opinion.

Speculation post!

It appears that the killer wanted Liz to know why she was going to be killed. Why? Why did the killer want Liz to know this information? What would be a reason(s) so important to the killer or another person that Liz know why her life would be ending that day?

do you think she knew that person-killer?

Speculation post!

That day? Because it was the last chance before their trip? On that note, I wonder if the 5 year anniversary of their marriage holds some significance to the killer. I also wonder if in the weeks and months leading up to this murder if the killer drove by but any CCTV footage is long gone. Maybe the drive by early Friday morning revealed the garage sale and the killer thought, "This is it. Today is the day."

If the killer had a message to Elizabeth prior to shooting it was VERY brief. IOW, something she would immediately grasp or remember.

Another thought I had...what would have happened if Sergio had stayed to help with sale? While speaking about who knew about the sale, who knew that Sergio had an early start on a job for his dad that he couldn't avoid?

I can't get over this killer's choice of where and when to murder her. What if someone stepped out to walk their dog early, saw the killing and got the license plate number? Yes, it appears the truck may have driven the block first to avoid such an encounter. But that doesn't eliminate the possibility that someone could have stepped out after that run. This was risky.

Curious about whatever happened with the person of interest (POI)? According to Webster, a POI is "a person who is believed to be possibly involved in a crime but has not been charged or arrested."

Latest updates on the case​

• Detectives just went to Miami to interview a person of interest
  • This is an active case
  • Investigators want more leads
  • There are numerous videos online that could help identify the unknown suspect
  • The suspect's vehicle is described as a 4-door Nissan Frontier with a "Pro-4X" sticker
  • Reward increased to $50,000 for information leading to the suspect's arrest

I just finished watching Season 35, Episode 42 of "48 Hours", "The Plot to Kill Jamie Faith". At the end you find out who was involved and LE were on the killer quickly. But, WOW!!..it's like that killer in 2020 was a copy cat of this one. It happens in Texas (Dallas). It involves a black Nissan pick-up. The killer shoots the victim while he is out on the sidewalk near his house. Now, in no way am I saying Elizabeth's killer is like this killer on this one. But one big thing I did take away that case that causes me to think more about Elizabeth's murder is the killer drove to Dallas from Tennessee to commit the murder and then drove back.

I've often wondered if LE has difficulty nailing down the truck in Elizabeth's murder because the truck is from outside the Houston area. That is, this person could be from Dallas-Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio, Waco or any number of small towns hours away in Texas. I say Texas because I still think the Star Wars club is a possible connection.

I’m quite sure this has been discussed here before but I don’t remember the answer. Is it possible that the “Pro-4x” sticker (and maybe other model-identifying items) were applied for that day only? Temporarily, so as to throw off identification?

The reason I ask is that LE seems to think the perp wore a disguise. If so, this killer is quite detailed, careful, and willing to do some serious planning. In addition, he was very bold, as noted above. I’m thinking that the in-depth planning and boldness could indicate that the truck was also “disguised”. Possible? Probable?

I’m quite sure this has been discussed here before but I don’t remember the answer. Is it possible that the “Pro-4x” sticker (and maybe other model-identifying items) were applied for that day only? Temporarily, so as to throw off identification?

The reason I ask is that LE seems to think the perp wore a disguise. If so, this killer is quite detailed, careful, and willing to do some serious planning. In addition, he was very bold, as noted above. I’m thinking that the in-depth planning and boldness could indicate that the truck was also “disguised”. Possible? Probable?
As much as I would like to state my initial thought - disguising the truck is too far fetched - the killer's disguise almost seems too far fetched if I hadn't seen the video. Soooo....who knows?

Curious about whatever happened with the person of interest (POI)? According to Webster, a POI is "a person who is believed to be possibly involved in a crime but has not been charged or arrested."

Latest updates on the case​

• Detectives just went to Miami to interview a person of interest
  • This is an active case
  • Investigators want more leads
  • There are numerous videos online that could help identify the unknown suspect
  • The suspect's vehicle is described as a 4-door Nissan Frontier with a "Pro-4X" sticker
  • Reward increased to $50,000 for information leading to the suspect's arrest
Wow! That definition is not quite what I've heard from a lawyer or LE. I heard one LE state that ALL suspects are POI's, BUT not all POI's are suspects. Some POI's may simply be someone, for one reason or another, who has information that may be vital to the case. That is why I'm taken aback by that definition.

Here is what Wikipedia has to say about it and they start out very similar to the above. But they do state that while the terms, "suspect", "perp" and "unsub" have defintions within DOJ, POI does not.

Maybe nothing to update on? It sure seems to me like this case has gone cold…
This case seems cold as ice: I watch lots of true crime (as do most of us) and of those true crimes many are cold cases, like decades old cases: some of these cases get solved when a cold case team of detectives puts new eyes on it and they look thru the files and discover details that went unnoticed or were not acted on properly at the time of the initial investigation. THIS CASE NEEDS NEW EYES imo-
I believe it is solvable - there is that vehicle----that makes this case more solvable than if they did not have video of that vehicle

This case is in the freezer file...I hope I am wrong! Yes, it's a solvable case. Technology has changed since 2019... a new set of eyes would benefit this case - maybe nothing more than looking at the first 20 pages of the investigation report?

If funds are an issue? What about forfeiture funds? Would LE consider using those funds to activate a new investigation? Go back to the beginning.

All speculation and MOO. Nothing factual here!

Watching a case on dateline that had gone cold so they got help from
Retired detective Larry Montgomery, a cold case detective whisperer
That sees things, details, that were missed by other detectives. This case
Needs him- he is amazing

They call this guy the evidence whisperer-- this is what is needed in the Barraza case: It looks like without someone with a mind like his, this case will not get solved.

Rage. Revenge. Curious if a double/triple check of those who appeared to have a “solid” alibi was ever done. Did the killer know that he would be caught on cctv and didn’t care, actually didn’t mind that the killing would be caught on video? Killer wearing a disguise... so video would serve a purpose to be able to relive their crime? Clearly killer knew location of the Barraza nest cam, appeared to be able to avoid it. Is the killer right there, front and center in the investigation and was overlooked?

Speculation, and moo

Rage. Revenge. Curious if a double/triple check of those who appeared to have a “solid” alibi was ever done. Did the killer know that he would be caught on cctv and didn’t care, actually didn’t mind that the killing would be caught on video? Killer wearing a disguise... so video would serve a purpose to be able to relive their crime? Clearly killer knew location of the Barraza nest cam, appeared to be able to avoid it. Is the killer right there, front and center in the investigation and was overlooked?

Speculation, and moo
Everyone of average and above intelligence now understands that there are cameras everywhere, especially on highways. This person made no attempt to avoid any community cameras because they couldn't get to her house any other way. But they did manage to avoid any highway cameras or toll transponder scanning rigs which should have caught them coming and going from the crime scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa