TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris County, Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
What time did Liz’s husband arrive at work the morning of the yard sale?
How long does it usually take him to arrive at his work site and was his arrival time that morning from the time he left the home consistent with his normal travel time?

This case seems like a good candidate for a “geofence” request. For those who don’t know, LE has had some success with this new technique. They execute a search warrant on Google, and in the SW they specify longitude/latitude in 4 corners to draw a “fence” around a specific area. They ask Google to provide location sharing data for devices that were within that fence in a given time window. They usually get back anonymized data that shows the device ID and other location info. They eliminate ones that don’t seem to fit, then ask Google for user info on what remains.

For it to work, the suspect would have to have Google apps on his phone (android or non-android, doesn’t matter), and would have to have location sharing enabled.

Fascinating!

Wow that could really help solve a lot of cases I think.

Why isn't it SOP I wonder? Too new? Too expensive?

How long does it usually take him to arrive at his work site and was his arrival time that morning from the time he left the home consistent with his normal travel time?

good question!

He didn’t. He said that he got an alert on his ring doorbell about the shooting and then s neighbor called him and he went home. He had been gone for less than 10 minutes at this point.

I think we are getting turned around here....If Elizabeth's husband got an alert from the Ring doorbell, does that mean that there is additional video from their own house? The video we have seen so far is the ring doorbell video from the neighbor's house, which had a view of the driveway.

Or is the case that the neighbor got the alert from their own ring doorbell, saw the video on their phone and immediately called the husband?

It is worth mentioning that several gun shots in the neighborhood at that time of day (early morning silence) would be obvious - anyone nearby who was up making coffee, getting dressed for the day would have heard them and would know what they were immediately.

I think we are getting turned around here....If Elizabeth's husband got an alert from the Ring doorbell, does that mean that there is additional video from their own house? The video we have seen so far is the ring doorbell video from the neighbor's house, which had a view of the driveway.

Or is the case that the neighbor got the alert from their own ring doorbell, saw the video on their phone and immediately called the husband?

It is worth mentioning that several gun shots in the neighborhood at that time of day (early morning silence) would be obvious - anyone nearby who was up making coffee, getting dressed for the day would have heard them and would know what they were immediately.

“If Elizabeth's husband got an alert from the Ring doorbell, does that mean that there is additional video from their own house?”

I am guessing here that the Barraza's ring doorbell camera might not have caught the movement of Elizabeth and the perp in the driveway - it was out of view. However when the gunshots went off, the Ring doorbell detected the unusual event and sent the notice. Again, just guessing. Hopefully someone can clarify about the Ring doorbell.

Star War Conventions and Celebrations.
How many past Star War Conventions and Celebrations did Liz and her Husband attend before the shooting?

If Liz had yearly yard sales to help finance their anniversaries, how did they pay for the more expensive Star War Conventions? How many Star War Conventions did they attend together?

I am guessing here that the Barraza's ring doorbell camera might not have caught the movement of Elizabeth and the perp in the driveway - it was out of view. However when the gunshots went off, the Ring doorbell detected the unusual event and sent the notice. Again, just guessing. Hopefully someone can clarify about the Ring doorbell.
Sorry replying to my own post. But I think we can see that a Ring doorbell probably could not have a good view of the driveway where the shooting took place, or of the perp arriving/fleeing. The view is cut off by the corner of the garage.

Attachments

• barraza.JPG
    barraza.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 64
  • barraza2.JPG
    barraza2.JPG
    220.9 KB · Views: 68
Sorry replying to my own post. But I think we can see that a Ring doorbell probably could not have a good view of the driveway where the shooting took place, or of the perp arriving/fleeing. The view is cut off by the corner of the garage.
According to the neighbor's camera, the shooter came from the left (in your picture) or the right as you look out the front door of the Barraza house) - so it's possible that the shooter and his/her car was visible at some point.

That is - IF there was a ring doorbell at the Barraza house. Has this been confirmed anywhere?

According to the neighbor's camera, the shooter came from the left (in your picture) or the right as you look out the front door of the Barraza house) - so it's possible that the shooter and his/her car was visible at some point.

That is - IF there was a ring doorbell at the Barraza house. Has this been confirmed anywhere?

I think you have that backwards. The video shows the shooter approaching from our right but would've been the victim's left side.

Whether or not the driveway can be seen would be dependent on if the doorbell is on the left side of the door or the right. Most are on the right, but if I had one at that house, I would want it on the side with the most view.

But the news article could be talking about the neighbor’s alert from his ring doorbell.

It is my understanding that there is an alert every time there is movement, so you can quickly glance at your phone and see if it is anything important. If the neighbor was home, he probably heard the gunshots and paid closer attention to the ring notification.

I believe Sergio said on the news that his ring doorbell caught the video along with his neighbors. But his didn’t show much because of the angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ammereignw