TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris County, Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
youère not understanding my point
I know she can use it however she wishes -
picture this - you ask your boss for a day off to have a garage sale OR you ask your boss to use one of your vacation days
there is a difference
just never mind ... no one gets what I am saying
I run an entire department and don’t care how my employees use their vacation days. Heck, I used a vacation day not too long ago and watched Criminal Minds episodes while eating Chex Mix all day. It was fabulous. ‍♀️

She seems like such a sweet person, maybe she accidentally got someone in trouble or fired just by telling the truth or had to testify against someone. Surely these are all angles the police have investigated.
Maybe it was mistaken identity

I am surprised with the discussion, about a 'day off work'.
Here, in Australia, we have loads of PAID holiday leave, sick leave, each year, and these accumulate if not used.
After working several years, there are several months of ADDED PAID leave.
MOO.

Many jobs have that here too. My husband ended up giving some of his accumulated sick leave away to a co-worker who needed lots of paid leave for a child needing her to be home. Several co-workers donated their paid leave time.

i think it is dressing up as specific characters? She was said to be into Star Wars I think? Some people are very, very into it.

Thanks. Your explanation makes sense.

Though a motive stemming from adult 'cosplay' is probably far less likely than a motive stemming from romantic interests or say child custody, it might be worth pursuing.

Years ago, I knew a couple that were member of a club (perhaps a form of 'cosplay') centered on a series of fantasy novels named "Gor". "Gor", however, was not only a fantasy alternate world, but was also based on various forms of bondage, domination and a-morality.

The couple later lost interest in the activity. Though slight, I guess there is the possibility of a participant blurring fantasy and reality.

I don't understand why this case has been so quiet? You'd thing LE would have gathered the inside SCOOP by now and some information would have been made public. Gosh we haven't even so much as heard, "hubby is being cooperative!"

I don't understand why this case has been so quiet? You'd thing LE would have gathered the inside SCOOP by now and some information would have been made public. Gosh we haven't even so much as heard, "hubby is being cooperative!"
I was thinking the same thing. With so much video evidence I would have thought there would be an arrest by now. Let's hope the quiet is a reflection of an imminent arrest(s). I don't think there is much mystery to this case, but that's just amateur opinion and speculation.

Getting caught up, is there a link to her FB? I think I have it just wanting to double check...

*Update, found it, terrible and senseless.. I will be looking into this today.. rest in peace my fellow Star Wars padiwan..

Last edited:
Does the neighborhood have a Facebook page? A lot of the subdivisions/neighborhoods here have ones set up by the HOA.
Wonder if there are cameras at the entrance of the neighborhood?

Looking at that video, it sure seems deliberate and planned. I was reminded of a case from many years ago where an ex-girlfriend of the victim's husband stalked, kidnapped and murdered the wife of her former boyfriend. Even though this couple seemed happily married at the time, some people are slow and methodical in their plans for revenge.

Usually, garage sales are advertised in news circulars, etc., and most people are out earlier setting them up. I hope LE is checking phone records from days leading up to sale. She may have contacted the victim earlier regarding that particular garage sale and items being sold. It's not difficult to find out names and phone numbers if an address is listed for the sale. ALL MOO.

I only hope LE is all over this and knows a lot more than the public. Hopefully, an arrest warrant is ready to be served.

Just an off the cuff thought, in relation to the cos play: I’m not 100% convinced the shooter is a female. I mean, it wouldn’t be a stretch for that robe to have been part of a cos play costume. Or for a male(or female) to wear a disguise.

The police have actually said "female" perpetrator though. Do we disregard that?
Good question?

LE may have other info that confirms the suspect is female. I’m just strictly questioning gender based on the less than crystal clear video footage and the victim being involved in cos play.

It was just a random thought: is it a robe or is it a costume? And is the person really female?

Good question?

LE may have other info that confirms the suspect is female. I’m just strictly questioning gender based on the less than crystal clear video footage and the victim being involved in cos play.

It was just a random thought: is it a robe or is it a costume? And is the person really female?
I kinda laughed it off as a costume, but when i watched it enlarged, few thing stood out to me.

• The length of the robe seems a bit short and flows weird
  • The fact that the shooters hair is not contained, and when they stood over her to fire the last shot seemed odd since it would have obstructed their view.
  • Is it a short sleeved robe? Is there a side stripe to it?
  • Did they put the car in park there in the street to not cause alarm? As oppose to pulling in front of driveway?
  • What is going on with the left hand of the shooter before they fire the gun with their right hand? It's like they are explaining something..

IMO: it looks like a robe in the video makes me think a neighbor was watching until her husband left and then hopped in her car and drove over. Do they have a dog that barks or some other noise complaint against them?

My first thought was robbery, when we did garage sales we would always go to the bank and get lots of cash for change for people. People generally have $20 due to the atm so getting a couple of hundred bucks in small bills wasn’t unheard of.

Do you guys remember the cheerleader mom murder plot that happened here in the Houston area 28 years ago? A crazy mom who wanted her teenager to be chosen as a cheerleader plotted to kill the mom of her daughter’s rival so that the rival would be too upset to handle try-outs and the crazy mom’s daughter would then be a shoe-in. Luckily the crazy mom spoke to the wrong people in trying to set this up so she was arrested before any harm could be done. But it got me to thinking how far-fetched a motive could be in this case. Child custody, jealousy, imagined slight or disrespect. I hate to say it, but in Texas, the sky is the limit on crazy, And I live here.

Sorry oceanstarryeyes. You have to be careful of throwing wild speculation out on this board as fact. The husband at this point is considered a victim so we really can’t be discussing theories about him here unless there is a MSM link that names him a suspect. Both your post and my post will be deleted if you do not edit it. Just a word to the wise.

Do you guys remember the cheerleader mom murder plot that happened here in the Houston area 28 years ago? A crazy mom who wanted her teenager to be chosen as a cheerleader plotted to kill the mom of her daughter’s rival so that the rival would be too upset to handle try-outs and the crazy mom’s daughter would then be a shoe-in. Luckily the crazy mom spoke to the wrong people in trying to set this up so she was arrested before any harm could be done. But it got me to thinking how far-fetched a motive could be in this case. Child custody, jealousy, imagined slight or disrespect. I hate to say it, but in Texas, the sky is the limit on crazy, And I live here.
Yes I remember that case because it was so outrageous. You are right, the motive here could be anything. I still think this is a love triangle or loss of wages, or both.
Of course, amateur opinion and speculation only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member