TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris County, Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for the locals---are the HPD and HCSO too busy working on that mess of a case where LE invaded a home and killed the homeowners that they're not working on this one?

As far as news coverage the HPD is getting nonstop coverage.
This case is really not getting as much news coverage as I would expect. Maybe there is not the outrage as with other cases.

When the cardiologist bicylist was shot there was outrage and lots of news coverage.

I think it will be solved. I don’t know how long it will be.

MOO

Where is the house located in the development? Is it near the front of the subdivision or do you have to go down several streets to get to her house?
Is there a only one entrance/exit for the subdivision?

She and her husband do a lot of cosplay and Star Wars fan stuff. They look like a fun, geeky couple. It’s hard to imagine someone could be so mad at her, but the videoed attack does look so personal. However, it seems that if it was personal and they have the truck on video, it wouldn’t take too long to solve
“they have the truck on video” but if it was preplanned then the truck may have been stolen or borrowed and a stolen license plate swapped.

Where is the house located in the development? Is it near the front of the subdivision or do you have to go down several streets to get to her house?
Is there a only one entrance/exit for the subdivision?

The subdivision has a specific entrance, but there is more than one way to get in and out of the neighborhood. The house is located off the main entrance of the subdivision, just a street over. Based on the surveillance video, the suspect does not appear to have come from the main entrance just prior to the shooting.

The subdivision has a specific entrance, but there is more than one way to get in and out of the neighborhood. The house is located off the main entrance of the subdivision, just a street over. Based on the surveillance video, the suspect does not appear to have come from the main entrance just prior to the shooting.
I think it shows on video that she cruised by at least one time before coming back and stopping.

This is crazy how this murder did not catch more media attention...what could be more bizarre than a woman shot to death in her own driveway, on video? On a Friday morning? Surely we are not that jaded as a society that this seems ho-hum...

I’m really hoping that police are working to build a solid case against the perp and that’s why it’s gone so quiet. I hope they have some one in their sights and just connecting all the dots. I’ve been watching for the vehicle but I’m on the wrong side of town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson