TX TX - Elizabeth Campbell, 20, Copperas Cove, 25 April 1988

EC is an especially sad case. Unfortunately, I'm not surprised she's never been found.

The fact that her purse was found years later is strange.

I also discount the alleged sightings after she disappeared - even more so than other alleged sightings in other cases. I.e., I suspect that these "eyewitnesses" probably saw a possessive boyfriend with his Asian gf (who may have resembled EC) and thought it was her. It's possible that these areas in TX didn't have large Asian communities at the time, and if so then a young Asian woman would have stood out - especially if she was being "controlled" by a domineering bf/husband.

I completely agree that if someone had kidnapped her, he probably wouldn't bring her with him to stores (so that she could be potentially identified) several months after her disappearance, etc.

There was a serial killer named Kenneth McDuff who I believe was very active at that time in 1988 in Texas. I am not sure as to the location of the majority of his crimes.

Bumping.

Can anyone try to find some newspaper artciles about her disappearance from back then?
And/or maybe post all her exclusions?

The night Elizabeth Ann Campbell went missing on April 25, 1988 was the night Sam Soon Campbell's world became incomplete.

"I don't know what I did, but maybe [God] is punishing me," the 88-year-old mother said, tormented with not knowing what happened to her youngest daughter on this day 35 years ago.

"I miss her so much, every single day. Thirty-five years," she said as she started to cry, placing her head in her hands. "I think about why? Why happen?"

Those are questions investigators haven't been able to answer throughout all of these years.

"It's been painful to be honest with you just to see their pain," said Lt. Kevin Miller with the Copperas Cove Police Department (CCPD). "It's hard and every time you spend time with them, you just want to, you want to make that pain go away."

Despite all these years, Sam Soon said she will never quit looking for her daughter.

I think its likely that Elizabeth accepted a ride with someone while at the payphone. He then abducted and murdered her before discarding her purse somewhere.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndieLiz
Back