Found Safe TX - ES, 14, "dropped off" at Bewley Park at midnight & poss p/u frm there, McGregor, 29 June 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
This interview with AC's sister-in-law was done before the girls were found, but it give a few new details.

From the article"
SH says ES was with a boy the night both girls went missing, she says the boy and a family member dropped her off at Bewly Park around 3:30 a.m. on June 29. Before they left, she says ES used the boy’s phone to call AC to ask her to pick her up.

The boy and his family member have fully cooperated with police and is not a suspect, according to Harrison.
I wonder how old this "family member" of the boy is (another article referred to him/her as a "chaperone," so I'm assuming he/she is older than the boy or ES. ) I would just like to know what in the world would make this person think that it is OK to drop off a 14 year old girl at a park at 3:30 am!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lead detective of the Unit, Joseph Scaramucci, tells 6 News the teens, ES and AC, were located with a man who has been identified as 30-year-old James Robert Vanhouten. He is being booked into the Williamson County Jail facing a charge of harboring a runaway.

Scaramucci says Vanhouten has no relation to the two teens and had picked them up in Bellmead where they were with another individual. Vanhouten then took the two teens to Georgetown. 6 News is still working to find out who all was involved in the situation but authorities are still investigating.

The girls were located with the help of data analyst from across the country that helped officials identify probable locations of the teens, according to Scaramucci. He says with the help of contacts Monday, they were able to get the missing teens to give minor details about their location which led detectives to Georgetown.

"I think that this is evidence that when departments work together to find missing kids and partner with other nonprofit organizations, how fast we can make things happen and get the children located," Scaramucci added.

More at link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kudos to the unsung hero in this successful recovery.

"The girls were located with the help of data analyst from across the country that helped officials identify probable locations of the teens, according to Scaramucci. He says with the help of contacts Monday, they were able to get the missing teens to give minor details about their location which led detectives to Georgetown."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong