TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
:mad:

Amber Guyger's new look is no accident, say attorneys skilled in remaking a client | Courts | Dallas News

"Former police officer Amber Guyger had a new look in court Tuesday in Dallas — and that was no accident, legal experts say.

Guyger, 30, struck a softer appearance than she did earlier this month for her second courthouse visit since being indicted on a murder charge in the death of Botham Jean.

A change in body language and clothes is common for defendants trying to win over a judge and jury, legal experts say."

more...

Amber Guyger's new look is no accident, say attorneys skilled in remaking a client | Courts | Dallas News

"Former police officer Amber Guyger had a new look in court Tuesday in Dallas — and that was no accident, legal experts say.

Guyger, 30, struck a softer appearance than she did earlier this month for her second courthouse visit since being indicted on a murder charge in the death of Botham Jean.

A change in body language and clothes is common for defendants trying to win over a judge and jury, legal experts say."

more...
Good luck! :D

upload_2019-1-30_3-27-32.jpeg

:rolleyes: who is sponsoring her for a makeover?

Let's read another report that doesn't focus on how she looked -
http://www.fox4news.com/news/prosecutors-ask-for-amber-guygers-police-training-records

DALLAS - Former Dallas police officer Amber Guyger appeared in court again Tuesday. Based on subpoenas that have been filed, prosecutors want to see her police training records.
[...]

Judge Kemp imposed a gag order on the case keeping Guyger, her attorneys and prosecutors from talking about what’s happening.
[...]

Woman FIRED 'for being a black extremist' because she filmed the aftermath of her black male neighbor being shot dead in his OWN apartment by cop who blundered in

Woman who filmed aftermath of Dallas cop who shot neighbor says she is getting death threats | Daily Mail Online
The world we live in where a POC can get fired for filming the aftermath of a murder. wow. I mean its smart to record it with all the twisting and corruption of LE towards POC in recent years.

more...

New look for murderer Amber after they ran Botham's character in the mud. Its a sick political move in an attempt to circumvent justice.

New look for murderer Amber after they ran Botham's character in the mud. Its a sick political move in an attempt to circumvent justice.

I don't see how it is a political move.

Rather, it is a very common defensive move in a criminal trial that should be expected.

For example, a felony defendant in a criminal case that I was screened as a juror for appeared for court in a suit and tie with a business hair cut- very different than the clothing that he was arrested in (generally associated with Hispanic street gangsters in southern California at the time). Likewise, the defendant decided that a shaved head (also generally associated with such gangsters at the time) was not in his interests either. It is very possible that the suit and tie also covered up a variety of tattoos.

I don't think that the defense attorney was making a political move in recommending the change of clothing, ensuring that tattoos were covered, and also going for a more business hair style. Rather, he was presenting his client in the best possible light- something that he is sworn to do.

I don't see how it is a political move.

Rather, it is a very common defensive move in a criminal trial that should be expected.

For example, a felony defendant in a criminal case that I was screened as a juror for appeared for court in a suit and tie with a business hair cut- very different than the clothing that he was arrested in (generally associated with Hispanic street gangsters in southern California at the time). Likewise, the defendant decided that a shaved head (also generally associated with such gangsters at the time) was not in his interests either. It is very possible that the suit and tie also covered up a variety of tattoos.

I don't think that the defense attorney was making a political move in recommending the change of clothing, ensuring that tattoos were covered, and also going for a more business hair style. Rather, he was presenting his client in the best possible light- something that he is sworn to do.

If it wasnt paired with the horrendous and vile attack on Botham's character that DPD did, I would agree. But this whole story from the get go has been framed to paint Botham in the worst light and this trigger happy woman in the best.

Botham literally was sitting on his own couch, in his own apartment when he was gunned down brutally and with no mercy. But in the weeks after the execution police made a point to try to drag his character in the mud by bring up marijuana use and then painted an unbelievable picture of a wittle woman who worked 876296924 hours in a row and was SOOOOO exhausted and out of it that she no way would have noticed the dozens of hints that she wasnt on her own apartment floor, that the apartment she tried to break into wasnt hers. There was and is a clear and intentional hit on Botham to make his murder seem justified.

If it wasnt paired with the horrendous and vile attack on Botham's character that DPD did, I would agree. But this whole story from the get go has been framed to paint Botham in the worst light and this trigger happy woman in the best.

Botham literally was sitting on his own couch, in his own apartment when he was gunned down brutally and with no mercy. But in the weeks after the execution police made a point to try to drag his character in the mud by bring up marijuana use and then painted an unbelievable picture of a wittle woman who worked 876296924 hours in a row and was SOOOOO exhausted and out of it that she no way would have noticed the dozens of hints that she wasnt on her own apartment floor, that the apartment she tried to break into wasnt hers. There was and is a clear and intentional hit on Botham to make his murder seem justified.

The police brought up the marijuana- and may of accurately related a claim by the defendant that she mistook the apartment. I would not be surprised, however, that most of the "exhausted and confused" claims were advanced by a defense attorney.

Defense attorneys advancing claims (however implausible) on behalf of their client and advising their client to change their appereance (either "softer" in this case, or in the case that I described-"business") are common and should be expected. Politics rarely enters into eh equation.

The police brought up the marijuana- and may of accurately related a claim by the defendant that she mistook the apartment. I would not be surprised, however, that most of the "exhausted and confused" claims were advanced by a defense attorney.

Defense attorneys advancing claims (however implausible) on behalf of their client and advising their client to change their appereance (either "softer" in this case, or in the case that I described-"business") are common and should be expected. Politics rarely enters into eh equation.

I will have to disagree.
How many police have gotten off after murdering POC?
Fraternal order of police is as political of an entity as any party.

more...

Not sure exactly why, but I get a Tonya Harding vibe from her.

1548783641-NM_29AmberGuyger7.jpg

url

The world we live in where a POC can get fired for filming the aftermath of a murder. wow. I mean its smart to record it with all the twisting and corruption of LE towards POC in recent years.
If she was fired, it wasn't because she made the video. It was because she released the video over the internet bringing bad press and harassment to the employer. Texas is an 'at will' employment state, so a company can let anyone go without cause.

BB did have contact with LE, the DA, the Jean family and Mr Merritt. It's sad for her sake that she took it upon herself to publicize the video instead of remaining in the system and leaving it up to them to handle because now she feels she is a target and of course she shouldn't be, she's an ear and eye witness.

Did she violate the judges's gag order by speaking to Advise Media? I hope not.

Last edited:
Third announcement hearing set for Amber Guyger in murder case

Botham Jean’s Mom Breaks Her Silence On ‘Son’s Murderer,’ Amber Guyger

“He was not on the road. He was not walking. He wasn’t driving. He wasn’t running,” Allison Jean told Radio Caribbean International’s show “She Speaks” in an interview released Tuesday. “Most of the other murders that you see in the United States you hear that they say ‘He had something that looked like a gun’ or ‘He had something that looked like a weapon.’ My son was just sitting on his couch waiting to watch a football match at 10 O’ clock and he did not see 10 O’ clock.”

But Allison Jean saved her strongest comments for Guyger, as merely seeing images of her son’s killer gives her “bouts of anger,” she told Radio Caribbean International.

“When I see – especially when I see her in videos walking like a human being and I don’t have my son that I could hug and I can be with,” an emotional Allison Jean said. “So I have my moments. There are times before I go to bed that I just have to cry myself to sleep.”

Last edited:
Trial date set for Amber Guyger in Botham Jean murder case
March 18, 2019

Former Dallas police Officer Amber Guyger had a court date Monday but the only movement in the case happened outside the courtroom.

Her murder trial was set Monday for Aug. 12 -- less than a year since Guyger shot and killed Botham Jean in his own apartment. She was off-duty but still in uniform when she shot Jean once in the chest.

Video at link:
Watch: Trial date set for Amber Guyger in Botham Jean murder case | Crime | Dallas News

It appears that Guyger may have left the state/country without permission.

Lori Brown
@LoriBrownFox4
The State has petitioned Royal Caribbean to provide records “pertaining to cruises taken by Amber Guyger between 9/23/18-3/4/19”. She is charged with murder after shooting Botham Jean in his apartment September 6. She has said she thought it was her apartment.
1:43 PM • 3/18/19
Lori Brown on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members