TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presuming it goes to trial, do you know if the jury would be able to convict on the lesser manslaughter charge? Or would they only be able to convict on murder?

That's a good question and something I was wondering myself when I brought up negligent homicide or manslaughter. I don't know if TX even has those type of charges.

Presuming it goes to trial, do you know if the jury would be able to convict on the lesser manslaughter charge? Or would they only be able to convict on murder?

Now, that is interesting. However, Texas is changing...and the city of Dallas doesn't want any more marches. I wonder what is going on with the civil suit Mr. Jean's parents have going against the city?

Former Dallas officer Amber Guyger's murder trial delayed in slaying of Botham Jean | Crime | Dallas News

The civil suit is waiting until after the criminal trial.

No she was more concerned about her job than the Man dying in front of her , Did she even try to render aid? I didn't see any blood on her she only sounds concerned for herself I, I, I, I, No plea for please help him just a small I'm sorry , NOPE she was dangerous and trigger happy!!!
I just listened to the 911 call. Not attempting to render any aid is not going to bode well for her. Instead of repeating a gazillion times she thought it was her apt., she should have been doing CPR.

You might be right. I can't remember that far back. But at a minimum, she could have been applying pressure to the wound to keep him from bleeding out. Or doing SOMETHING other than repeating herself on the phone.

I'm curious to see if she had any blood on her because I was wondering about the same thing. To be fair, she could have been on speaker phone and putting pressure on his wounds.

I'm curious to see if she had any blood on her because I was wondering about the same thing. To be fair, she could have been on speaker phone and putting pressure on his wounds.
You might be right about that too!! It definitely will be interesting to find out if she had any blood on her.

I would think though that as she was talking to 911, she would have said something to the effect " I can see blood on his shirt so I lifted up/unbuttoned his shirt and can see the wound . I'm applying pressure to stop the bleeding." Some kind of update to 911 that they could pass along to the paramedics who were on the way. I believe 911 asked her where he was shot and meant where on his body, but she took it to mean the location, so replied 'In the apt.'

You might be right about that too!! It definitely will be interesting to find out if she had any blood on her.

I would think though that as she was talking to 911, she would have said something to the effect " I can see blood on his shirt so I lifted up/unbuttoned his shirt and can see the wound . I'm applying pressure to stop the bleeding." Some kind of update to 911 that they could pass along to the paramedics who were on the way. I believe 911 asked her where he was shot and meant where on his body, but she took it to mean the location, so replied 'In the apt.'

A remember a video of her pacing back & forth on the balcony, talking on her cell phone.

Thanks for all the links.

The page says:
This is the complete transcript of the audio recording of the 911 call Amber Guyger made moments after shooting Botham Jean in September inside his apartment. The call has not been officially released. WFAA obtained the recording after months of reporting.

... From whom then? What is that unofficial source?

If some of you remember the early days after the news broke, there were some drip feeds from "unofficial sources" about various undisclosed information. Iirc it was speculated by some here that they were meant to sway public opinion towards AG's innocence.

Of course this is an entire recording... Shouldn't be faked news.... But I am naturally cynical, and wonder if after months of consideration by lawyers, someone decides that it shows AG in a good light. So it comes out before her trial.

Was just discussing statement analysis in another thread... @Edgarb want another challenge?:)

A remember a video of her pacing back & forth on the balcony, talking on her cell phone.
Yes. It was said she went out to the door to check the apartment number. That must be where she was telling 911 at the beginning of the call.

Although it seems like she went back inside and stayed with Botham (who's probably the "hey man" "hey bud" she's addressing to)

Whether she managed to apply first aid while talking on her phone, who knows, but imo not much.

All the while she talked more like a victim herself, so much so that the operator was almost comforting her:rolleyes:

Yes. It was said she went out to the door to check the apartment number. That must be where she was telling 911 at the beginning of the call.

Although it seems like she went back inside and stayed with Botham (who's probably the "hey man" "hey bud" she's addressing to)

Whether she managed to apply first aid while talking on her phone, who knows, but imo not much.

All the while she talked more like a victim herself, so much so that the operator was almost comforting her:rolleyes:

Hmm.. Here's the video:

How did she get IN an apartment that wasn't hers? I can't recall ever having that question answered.

I also can't imagine that her tox results were good, otherwise they would have been released so that public opinion wouldn't be so bad.

I lost count how many times she tried to convince the dispatcher that she thought she was in her apartment. She could have at least asked for some first aid protocols to help his wound.

This whole thing has stunk from the beginning and still stinks.

I have walked up and opened the wrong (unlocked) car and walked into the wrong office at work - I understand that she might have walked into the wrong unlocked apartment. However, every time I have done that, and yes it is more than once, I noticed almost immediately that none of my stuff and lots of somebody else's stuff was there and turned around. Did she not notice while she was walking around and pulling her gun that nothing in there was hers? I have a very hard time understanding how a sober person could walk into another person's apartment and not realize for long enough to decide I need to shoot an unarmed person.

How did she get IN an apartment that wasn't hers? I can't recall ever having that question answered.

I also can't imagine that her tox results were good, otherwise they would have been released so that public opinion wouldn't be so bad.

I lost count how many times she tried to convince the dispatcher that she thought she was in her apartment. She could have at least asked for some first aid protocols to help his wound.

This whole thing has stunk from the beginning and still stinks.
BBM
According to the arrest affadavit: “She inserted a unique door key, with an electronic chip, into the door key hole,” the affidavit says. “The door, which was slightly ajar prior to Guyger’s arrival, fully opened under the force of the key insertion.”

Document details Guyger’s account of shooting; Jean’s attorney tells different story

Why she would insert a key into a door that is slightly ajar, is anyone's guess. But IMO one possibility might be having one too many.

BBM
According to the arrest affadavit: “She inserted a unique door key, with an electronic chip, into the door key hole,” the affidavit says. “The door, which was slightly ajar prior to Guyger’s arrival, fully opened under the force of the key insertion.”

Document details Guyger’s account of shooting; Jean’s attorney tells different story

Why she would insert a key into a door that is slightly ajar, is anyone's guess. But IMO one possibility might be having one too many.
Wow. I completely forgot about the witness accounts. See, passing of time is in their favor, at least in public opinion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member