GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no reason for you to apologize, you're certainly entitled to your opinion. I believe a long sentence length is important because it also will send a message to all the other badge carrying Rambo's that their behavior is unacceptable.

its Sad that she will probably be a sacrificial lamb for ALL bad cops but on the other hand its much sadder that such a great guy was murdered.

i think the jury will go with the 28. I have to do some errands and may miss it...I think it will be fast. Smart not to ask for life. She would still have some good years left.

WFAA has a judge on there today. He said he expects the jury to quit about 5PM, come back tomorrow and deliberate a good part of the day before reaching a decision. Personally, I think it's going to be around 3:30 this afternoon.

ETA: I've really enjoyed Tanya Eiserer, investigative reporter for WFAA. She's not a flashy newsperson, but knows the nuts and bolts of criminal trials and I've learned a ton from her. Totally think WFAA has done a stellar job here.

O/T:

While we wait for the jury's decision ... are there any other interesting trials going on now, or soon?

I do not want to derail the thread, but a few suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

WFAA has a judge on there today. He said he expects the jury to quit about 5PM, come back tomorrow and deliberate a good part of the day before reaching a decision. Personally, I think it's going to be around 3:30 this afternoon.

Yeah, I'm board with your line of thinking. I think they'll wrap this up with 2 hrs.

IMO I am very disheartened reading so many hurtful and demeaning comments towards AG. I believe wholeheartedly that she was wrong and that she deserves to serve jail time for taking the life of an innocent man. However I also do not believe she had malicious intent. She made a series of bad choices that led to a tragic outcome. This was not a women that murdered someone she was angry with or hurt at. Change one circumstance and this would not have happened. I get that she did not act in a way many of us believe we would have. Different people handle situations different. Does that mean they are an awful person? Botham was an amazing person from all accounts. I believe that he would not wish such hate upon AG. What good comes out of wishing she felt as alone or scared as he did? Her life is forever changed based on her actions. Bad choices that she made. As i said earlier i do believe she needs to be punished for her actions. I just do not understand the hate towards her. If this was Chris Watts or another person that took a life with malicious intent i would understand. In my opinion that is not AG.

I have a similar feeling to you. I do believe she has a poor character. And I do think she had a degree of malicious intent in that she decided she was going to ignore department protocol to play judge jury and executioner because she has little regard for human life and felt that as a cop she had the power to use force in whatever way see chose.

But comparing her to Chris Watts is perfect. Such totally different levels of malice. It's incomparable. Not close to the same.

So some of the posts expressing extreme hatred toward her or a desire that she suffer make me uncomfortable.

Like you I do think she needs to be accountable. And I do believe some suffering is how we learn empathy and put ourselves in others shoes. But again, as my dad always used to say, "Ni tanto, ni tan poco."

Extreme positions in this case for me feel like bias could be preventing a clear assessment.

While we wait, I just want to say that the opportunity for Bo's family to speak may have been somewhat healing. I once had to give a victim impact statement and just to be heard brings some amount of peace. I hope they feel that the nation mourned with them as they described their beautiful son and that they know he has inspired many and will be remembered.

Sentencing phase was so inflammatory, she will not get less than 50 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member