Found Alive TX - Fort Cavazos Spc. Craig Chamberlain, 23, Killeen, declared AWOL in March, last seen by wife after argument, 15 May 2023 *wife dies a week later*

It's almost like, what? Someone died? Oh well...a bright future ahead!

ETA: I should add that that is just how it came across in the news article. As we all know other comments can be cut and not make it into the aricle. I hope that is the case here.

Last edited:
It sure does sound like if you decide at any point you don't want to be in the Army anymore you can just decide you are done like McDonald's..... No paperwork.. No discharging.
That's certainly new.
Agreed, that's weird.
I've never understood that to be the case, before !

He's now being treated as having gone awol, iirc ?
But it feels like the military wants this to 'go away'.
M00.

I'm wondering if it was a quick marriage in a court in front of a justice of the peace,, with no one else there ?
I would guess that's likely, but there would still need to be some sort of marriage records, wouldn't there? Unless Texas (assuming they got married in TX) doesn't release them under later?

I get the feeling that the lack of obit and info is because of her "lifestyle". If she came from, as someone noted, a religious family, there is a chance they may have already abandoned her, which is heartbreaking to me and the cause of such high rates of self harm among people.

I did see a few things on SM grieving her. I am very confused and intrigued by whatever is going on here.

Though i do think if people had family support despite their differences, much pain and many problems would be spared.

edit: ohhh i searched on twitter, now I get it. Poor girl :( there are probably no obits bc her family never accepted her and maybe they are under a different name. I hate this!!! not good and not fair. I hope there are people who loved and cared about Cam.

Question: would the autopsy report for Cam considered a public info/can be requested by the public?

I'm presuming that, whatever the military decides, Craig's case would be sealed/private and we would not know the outcome. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Question: would the autopsy report for Cam considered a public info/can be requested by the public?

I'm presuming that, whatever the military decides, Craig's case would be sealed/private and we would not know the outcome. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)
I have a sickening feeling that the powers that be want to sweep this whole thing under the proverbial rug.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back