Found Alive TX - Fort Cavazos Spc. Craig Chamberlain, 23, Killeen, declared AWOL in March, last seen by wife after argument, 15 May 2023 *wife dies a week later*

Some people grieve more silently than others. People are often quieter over suicide deaths, which hers could have been. Just because there was no public obituary doesn’t mean friends and family didn’t mourn.
I wouldn't have a public obit if that would have been my child! To many people being homophobic and I would fear they would disturb the last resting place.
Also, in the us you do not have to be burried. In other contries your ashes are only released to a funeral home for burrial, which has to be done in a cemetary.
We will probably never find out what happened other than the rumours on certain facebook pages

I wouldn't have a public obit if that would have been my child! To many people being homophobic and I would fear they would disturb the last resting place.
Also, in the us you do not have to be burried. In other contries your ashes are only released to a funeral home for burrial, which has to be done in a cemetary.
We will probably never find out what happened other than the rumours on certain facebook pages
You are right. I just feel that something happened here, maybe not to the extent of arresting anyone, but maybe needing to be brought forward as a definite problem in society. IMO

You are right. I just feel that something happened here, maybe not to the extent of arresting anyone, but maybe needing to be brought forward as a definite problem in society. IMO
I agree and check this forum every day to see if something has been done... The only thing I slightly disagree on is the need for someone to be arrested. MOOOOOO If we ever found out the true story I think multiple someones would need to be arrested, but I don't think we will ever know.

As a mother, I would never allow "other people" to decide if I should/could have a public obit for my child. LGBTQ people have been living in fear far too long. JMO

Last edited:
In the days after her husband was reported missing to the Texas Army base where he was stationed, Cam Chamberlain sent a series of urgent Facebook messages to a longtime friend: When he disappeared, she said, he left her with no food and no money.

She wasn’t working, she was estranged from her family, and her efforts to get help from the Army had gone nowhere, two longtime friends said.

“I’m scared,” she wrote to Jessica D’Lynn Pyles in a message the friend shared with NBC News. “I’m alone. I just want the pain to go away. I can’t take it anymore.”

Within a week of that message, Cam Chamberlain’s death was announced, and the next day, her husband — who had been missing for 11 days — was discovered alive. Spc. Craig Chamberlain, 23, had “willfully” disappeared from his unit, according to Army officials at his post, Fort Cavazos.

Military authorities have offered few answers about what happened, and friends of Cam Chamberlain, who was in her late 20s, have said they’ve found no solace in the aftermath of her death: There have been no autopsy, no obituary and no funeral.

Officials confirmed her death in a statement May 25. The couple lived off base, and a spokeswoman for the Killeen Police Department referred questions about the case to Fort Cavazos authorities, who put out a statement confirming the death. They didn’t provide details about when or where she died, and her cause and manner of death haven’t been disclosed.

Army investigators launched a criminal probe. A spokeswoman for the Army’s Criminal Investigation Division declined to comment further, citing an ongoing investigation.

“I can’t even mourn her death the way family should, because it’s as if she never existed at all now,” said Shandy Eubank, one of the longtime friends.

The day after authorities announced that his wife had died, Craig Chamberlain was found in “rough shape” in the Killeen area, said his mother, Virginia Chamberlain. In an interview, she declined to say where her son is now.

“The way he treated her — he put her on a pedestal,” said Eubank, who met Cam when they worked together at an insurance company in Waco more than a decade ago. “He treated her better than anyone had treated her.”

D’Lynn Pyles said, “You knew where she stood on things.”

A rift emerged between the couple over time, which Cam attributed partly to difficult family dynamics, Eubank said. Cam publicly identified as a transgender woman and had a rocky relationship with her own family, telling friends that her mother had “disowned” her, Eubank and D’Lynn Pyles recalled. *Exclusive. More at link…

In the days after her husband was reported missing to the Texas Army base where he was stationed, Cam Chamberlain sent a series of urgent Facebook messages to a longtime friend: When he disappeared, she said, he left her with no food and no money.

She wasn’t working, she was estranged from her family, and her efforts to get help from the Army had gone nowhere, two longtime friends said.

“I’m scared,” she wrote to Jessica D’Lynn Pyles in a message the friend shared with NBC News. “I’m alone. I just want the pain to go away. I can’t take it anymore.”

Within a week of that message, Cam Chamberlain’s death was announced, and the next day, her husband — who had been missing for 11 days — was discovered alive. Spc. Craig Chamberlain, 23, had “willfully” disappeared from his unit, according to Army officials at his post, Fort Cavazos.

Military authorities have offered few answers about what happened, and friends of Cam Chamberlain, who was in her late 20s, have said they’ve found no solace in the aftermath of her death: There have been no autopsy, no obituary and no funeral.

Officials confirmed her death in a statement May 25. The couple lived off base, and a spokeswoman for the Killeen Police Department referred questions about the case to Fort Cavazos authorities, who put out a statement confirming the death. They didn’t provide details about when or where she died, and her cause and manner of death haven’t been disclosed.

Army investigators launched a criminal probe. A spokeswoman for the Army’s Criminal Investigation Division declined to comment further, citing an ongoing investigation.

“I can’t even mourn her death the way family should, because it’s as if she never existed at all now,” said Shandy Eubank, one of the longtime friends.

The day after authorities announced that his wife had died, Craig Chamberlain was found in “rough shape” in the Killeen area, said his mother, Virginia Chamberlain. In an interview, she declined to say where her son is now.

“The way he treated her — he put her on a pedestal,” said Eubank, who met Cam when they worked together at an insurance company in Waco more than a decade ago. “He treated her better than anyone had treated her.”

D’Lynn Pyles said, “You knew where she stood on things.”

A rift emerged between the couple over time, which Cam attributed partly to difficult family dynamics, Eubank said. Cam publicly identified as a transgender woman and had a rocky relationship with her own family, telling friends that her mother had “disowned” her, Eubank and D’Lynn Pyles recalled. *Exclusive. More at link…
Weird... also from link:

She also began to talk more about her husband’s disappearance. In a message to D’Lynn Pyles, she said her husband had “lied” to her about South Korea. She didn’t offer additional details, but in an interview with the Killeen Daily Herald while Craig was missing, she said Army officials had recently told her that he had stopped reporting to work in March.

“He told me he was going to work the whole time, so I didn’t think anything of it, but in reality, he wasn’t really going to work,” she told the newspaper. “He was just saying he was going to work.”

Virginia Chamberlain cast doubt on her daughter-in-law’s account, saying photos from the time show her son with long hair and a scruffy face.

"You can’t report for duty like that in the Army," she said.

Officials at Fort Cavazos said in a statement that Craig Chamberlain had “failed” to travel to his new assignment for “unknown reasons.” A spokeswoman for the base declined to comment when she was asked about the accuracy of Cam Chamberlain’s comments.

The situation is very strange and I suspect mental health and addiction issues might play a big part on how it all unfolded. I'm just sort of glad to hear that Craig and Cam's relationship was happy and loving at some point.

It really sounds like their families were too hung up on their own prejudice and that eventually made their relationship harder than it had to be. "We" have been suspecting that Craig turning up as soon as Cam was found dead might have been due to him being involved somehow on that, but he might have turned up because his wife died and he didn't expect that to happen.

Look, I just hope Craig gets the help he clearly needs on his own. Without toxic influences around him. R.I.P, Cam.

I think we may never know what happened here. May Cam RIP and may Craig find his path.
I hold out hope, because if I were a Dateline producer, I’d be on this case like Velcro. Some crime reporter in Texas could make his or her career writing the book about this case by going deep into it effective now.

I hold out hope, because if I were a Dateline producer, I’d be on this case like Velcro. Some crime reporter in Texas could make his or her career writing the book about this case by going deep into it effective now.
Someone with those amazing skills to break thru the wall of silence!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back