Found Alive TX - Fort Cavazos Spc. Craig Chamberlain, 23, Killeen, declared AWOL in March, last seen by wife after argument, 15 May 2023 *wife dies a week later*

If I may, I'd like to say that when a person dies from Fentanyl it is no longer considered an overdose in Texas. It is referred to as Fentanyl poisoning, which is what causes the person to die.
There are what is called "pressed" pills that look just like a prescription Xanax or Hydrocodone for example. These pressed pills are coming from Mexico across the Texas border and killing thousands of people a day in our nation. That's the ad campaign being used across Texas - ONE PILL CAN KILL
to further bring awareness to never take a prescription pill from anyone, ever.
The only 100% safe medication is the one from your pharmacist with your name on the label.
In a town of 100, 000 there were 77 deaths attributed to Fentanyl poisoning last year and Wichita County set the precedence by charging and convicting a dealer for murder due to the death of someone he sold pressed pills to.

I'm not sure it's a conspiracy or a Army cover-up as much as Cam possibly took what what she thought was a Xanax for her nerves because of the marital problems and missing spouse concerns and she was poisoned to death.

Not saying that I don't have thoughts about the fort and all of the weird coincidence or whatever with Craig disappearing and family finding him so easily.
Thank you for sharing! I am not familiar with Texas terminology and protocols surrounding fentanyl deaths, so I appreciate the info on this.
I can equally see a scenario where she did unintentionally die of fentanyl poisoning through accidentally taking a fentanyl-laced pill. Either way, a very sad story.
I hope that Cam’s husband has the decency to provide a burial.
Me too...let her rest peacefully, whatever the circumstances of her death were.

These pressed pills are coming from Mexico across the Texas border and killing thousands of people a day in our nation.
Let's say some pills get through the Port of Entry at Laredo. Those pills could be in the Killeen/Fort Cavazos area in 6 hours via IH 35.

I think this was either accidental or a suicide. She was very stressed out and sounded terribly helpless.
Occams Razor: I'm leaning towards accidental (MOO). Divorce looming, husband disappears, no money, no food. No surprise that someone in this situation might turn to street drugs, or perhaps someone offered her something that looked totally legit.
Coming from an institutionally homophobic country myself and with a family background that's the same I hope that the mother gets blown into the weeds by younger generations with her 19th century outlook on life.
It's a 21st century outlook among some groups, sadly, like the newly elected speaker of the House of Representatives.

Let's say some pills get through the Port of Entry at Laredo. Those pills could be in the Killeen/Fort Cavazos area in 6 hours via IH 35.

Occams Razor: I'm leaning towards accidental (MOO). Divorce looming, husband disappears, no money, no food. No surprise that someone in this situation might turn to street drugs, or perhaps someone offered her something that looked totally legit.

It's a 21st century outlook among some groups, sadly, like the newly elected speaker of the House of Representatives.
I wonder where the pills came from originally. Certainly not impossible they came from Mexico, could be manufactured in Central Texas as well. It sounds like the distribution was mostly concentrated in the Central Texas area, but not sure where they originated.

I can see Cam's death being accidental, suicide or murder; either of those three would make sense to me. If it was an accident or suicide, then I assume the biggest (probably only real?) step to take forward for justice for her would be charging the fentanyl distributors, as they are doing now. Either way I am VERY glad that this is happening because regardless of the circumstances behind the death it's important that these distributors are locked away. Surely Cam's not the only one who died of fentanyl poisoning from the drugs they distributed. (Even if she was, though, they still need to be locked away, one death is one too many.)

I have expressed some suspicions about the manner of Cam's death partly because of the weird circumstances and partly because of the history of Ft Cavazos. Either way, even if it was suicide or an accident, I do think both of those elements may have been indirect factors in her death IMO. Being left by her husband in a very vulnerable situation could absolutely make her feel a need to turn to pills or other substances to cope, whether that would involve purposely taking a lethal dose of fentanyl or not. It was not a great situation for either of them, and I don't doubt that Craig probably felt an enormous strain and amount of stress as well IMO, no matter what truly went down between them and with Cam's death.

At the end of the day, I find it really sad that Cam's identity, who she was as a person, was enough to cause others to take such issue with her. I'm sure she wasn't perfect because NO ONE is, but she was still a person who deserved respect and fairness.

I think the challenges of Fort Cavazos is rooted in the almost impossible task of effectively managing a massive population of 21 year old young men, many of whom are experiencing for the first time being far away from home.

Fort Cavazos is the largest active duty armored services post. The base encompasses a little more than 217k acres, 340 square miles across two different counties of central Texas. It’s home to nearly 65,000 soldiers. The median age of a Fort Cavazos soldier is 21 (compared to 43 in Ukraine).

The population of the entire county (545 square miles) of my hometown is approximately 45k and has a median age of 39.

Fort Cavazos WIKI: "Currently, Fort Cavazos has nearly 65,000 soldiers and family members and serves as a home for the following units: Headquarters III Corps; First Army Division West; the 1st Cavalry Division; 13th Sustainment Command (formerly 13th Corps Support Command); 89th Military Police Brigade; 504th Battlefield Surveillance ...

Basically a mid-sized city.
I just posted similar comment.

I'm on the fence as to whether Cam's overdose was intentional or not. It's easy to unintentionally take an overdose as a friend of mine in British Columbia, Canada found out when her 19 year old son went to a Christmas Eve party and fatally overdosed on fentanyl. With everything going on in Cam's life could someone have said "here take these tablets they'll make you feel better" and poisoned her on purpose. Or could it be that she just got a bad batch of pills? Hard to say.

I'm on the fence as to whether Cam's overdose was intentional or not. It's easy to unintentionally take an overdose as a friend of mine in British Columbia, Canada found out when her 19 year old son went to a Christmas Eve party and fatally overdosed on fentanyl. With everything going on in Cam's life could someone have said "here take these tablets they'll make you feel better" and poisoned her on purpose. Or could it be that she just got a bad batch of pills? Hard to say.
This is where I am at now as well. I can see it either way. I don't have any reason to think that Cam was abusing fentanyl, but even if she dabbled with other drugs and never touched fentanyl itself, it's mixed secretly into SO many things these days. As per the University of Colorado Boulder, fentanyl is often ingested unknowingly by people when it is added to substances such as "powders (like cocaine), capsules, pressed pills meant to look like prescription medications like Xanax or Oxy)," and obviously more. 5 things everyone should know about fentanyl If it's ingested by someone without previous usage it can kill SO EASILY in very tiny amounts. Plus, it probably has no relevance here lol (I don't know much about the biological side of things), but Cam didn't appear to be a very large person, so that could make it even easier for it to kill her?

It wouldn't be shocking to me if she maybe occasionally used Xanax or something similar to try to take the edge off, and ended up with Xanax with fentanyl pressed into it accidentally. (Or purposely buying fentanyl to kill her is this was in fact a suicide). Maybe she bought some from somebody who was knowingly selling products pressed with fentanyl and didn't care, but she was unaware of it.

If I may, I'd like to say that when a person dies from Fentanyl it is no longer considered an overdose in Texas. It is referred to as Fentanyl poisoning, which is what causes the person to die.
There are what is called "pressed" pills that look just like a prescription Xanax or Hydrocodone for example. These pressed pills are coming from Mexico across the Texas border and killing thousands of people a day in our nation. That's the ad campaign being used across Texas - ONE PILL CAN KILL
to further bring awareness to never take a prescription pill from anyone, ever.
The only 100% safe medication is the one from your pharmacist with your name on the label.
In a town of 100, 000 there were 77 deaths attributed to Fentanyl poisoning last year and Wichita County set the precedence by charging and convicting a dealer for murder due to the death of someone he sold pressed pills to.

I'm not sure it's a conspiracy or a Army cover-up as much as Cam possibly took what what she thought was a Xanax for her nerves because of the marital problems and missing spouse concerns and she was poisoned to death.

Not saying that I don't have thoughts about the fort and all of the weird coincidence or whatever with Craig disappearing and family finding him so easily.
Thanks for sharing this info on overdoses vs poisoning.

JMO, the ongoing battle against the “Opioid Crisis” is possibly creating confusion in the actual risk by the general label of “Opioid” while also causing potential to create false stereotypes.

During the time my Dad, who ultimately passed away, was under Hospice Care, two full weeks passed before he was provided any medication for pain. Similar situation with my Uncle who passed away from Pancreatic Cancer, he was provided no medication for pain (or referral for pain management) until nearly six weeks after diagnosis and following Chemo treatments when he was transferred to Emory in Atlanta suffering severe complications from Radiation treatment.

Again, JMPO, as a nation, we seem to fail at investigating the necessary details of the specific evidence leading to the root cause of a “Crisis” situation. Instead, take the lazy approach of broad sweeping changes- overreacting and overreaching- still fail to enact adequate controls in response to enormous spike in deaths from Fentanyl. Similar situation with quite opposite crisis situations, housing market and mental health.

Just my two cents in response to your welcomed post with details on Fentanyl poisoning .

I think the challenges of Fort Cavazos is rooted in the almost impossible task of effectively managing a massive population of 21 year old young men, many of whom are experiencing for the first time being far away from home.

Fort Cavazos is the largest active duty armored services post. The base encompasses a little more than 217k acres, 340 square miles across two different counties of central Texas. It’s home to nearly 65,000 soldiers. The median age of a Fort Cavazos soldier is 21 (compared to 43 in Ukraine).

The population of the entire county (545 square miles) of my hometown is approximately 45k and has a median age of 39.
**…and young men and women

**…and young men and women
My comments were based on news articles I’ve read thus far where only male military personnel were identified within the articles as being suspects in the reported crimes. I’m sure there are likely females involved too but haven’t yet seen them identified as being a suspect in a reported crime,

JMO, the ongoing battle against the “Opioid Crisis” is possibly creating confusion in the actual risk by the general label of “Opioid” while also causing potential to create false stereotypes.

During the time my Dad, who ultimately passed away, was under Hospice Care, two full weeks passed before he was provided any medication for pain. Similar situation with my Uncle who passed away from Pancreatic Cancer, he was provided no medication for pain (or referral for pain management) until nearly six weeks after diagnosis and following Chemo treatments when he was transferred to Emory in Atlanta suffering severe complications from Radiation treatment.

Again, JMPO, as a nation, we seem to fail at investigating the necessary details of the specific evidence leading to the root cause of a “Crisis” situation. Instead, take the lazy approach of broad sweeping changes- overreacting and overreaching- still fail to enact adequate controls in response to enormous spike in deaths from Fentanyl. Similar situation with quite opposite crisis situations, housing market and mental health.

Just my two cents in response to your welcomed post with details on Fentanyl poisoning .
Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
I will add that as unbelievable as this is there are drug addicts who CHOOSE to smoke Fentanyl or inject it.
In my city we have a Subxaone clinic as well as a Methadone clinic due to the people who were over prescribed opioids by their own doctors and the newly addicted due to their personal use.

So sorry for your father and uncle's suffering. This tragically happens often. I worked in the hospice field for a bit, and I would have to advocate strongly for patients to receive pain medications. I mean... Come on. They're dying. They deserve peace! America seems to have difficulties distinguishing between appropriate and inappropriate opiate usage. Pain patients deserve care - street drugs are a different ballgame. Glad to hear your family eventually got pain relief but they waited much too long.

My prayers for beautiful Cam, and may Craig... recover? heal? whatever he may need. The situation is mysterious.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
I will add that as unbelievable as this is there are drug addicts who CHOOSE to smoke Fentanyl or inject it.
In my city we have a Subxaone clinic as well as a Methadone clinic due to the people who were over prescribed opioids by their own doctors and the newly addicted due to their personal use.
Great points that I failed to include on the existence of serious issues of addiction just wish there were more effective guidance for pain management. My heart goes out to families experiencing addiction disorders and to those who struggle with addiction.

So sorry for your father and uncle's suffering. This tragically happens often. I worked in the hospice field for a bit, and I would have to advocate strongly for patients to receive pain medications. I mean... Come on. They're dying. They deserve peace! America seems to have difficulties distinguishing between appropriate and inappropriate opiate usage. Pain patients deserve care - street drugs are a different ballgame. Glad to hear your family eventually got pain relief but they waited much too long.

My prayers for beautiful Cam, and may Craig... recover? heal? whatever he may need. The situation is mysterious.
Thank you for the work you did to provide comfort to families. The hospice nursing staff was amazing, granted they were responding to federal regulatory requirements but the doctors seemed to lacked sense of urgency for ensuring adequate management of pain.

Mental illness and addiction disorders definitely need overhaul for providing effective treatment programs. Families shouldn’t feel hopeless in seeking support for their loved ones. Prayers for those who are challenged by lack of options.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back