GUILTY TX - Frankie Gonzalez, 2, found deceased, Cameron Park, Waco, 1 Jun 2020 *Arrests*

Father pled guilty. He will be deported after completing his prison term. Mother is working on a plea deal.
I want to scream. What happened to "Don't mess with Texas?" He'll be eligible for parole in less than five years, if I understand correctly. Pffft. :mad:

Noting:

Frankie’s mother, Laura Villalon, 38, remains jailed under indictment for capital murder and injury to a child. She has a May 15 trial date, but has worked out a tentative plea agreement with the district attorney’s office, her attorney, Russ Hunt, said Monday.

In exchange for her guilty plea to first-degree felony injury to a child, the state has agreed to waive the capital murder charge and the death penalty and recommend she be sentenced to 50 years in prison. Under the terms of that deal, Villalon must be given credit for serving at least a quarter of her sentence before she is eligible for parole, Hunt said. No date has been set for her plea, court officials said.

I want to scream. What happened to "Don't mess with Texas?" He'll be eligible for parole in less than five years, if I understand correctly. Pffft. :mad:

Noting:

Frankie’s mother, Laura Villalon, 38, remains jailed under indictment for capital murder and injury to a child. She has a May 15 trial date, but has worked out a tentative plea agreement with the district attorney’s office, her attorney, Russ Hunt, said Monday.

In exchange for her guilty plea to first-degree felony injury to a child, the state has agreed to waive the capital murder charge and the death penalty and recommend she be sentenced to 50 years in prison. Under the terms of that deal, Villalon must be given credit for serving at least a quarter of her sentence before she is eligible for parole, Hunt said. No date has been set for her plea, court officials said.
My guess is he didn’t harm the child. His crime was not protecting his son. Just as bad in my mind but not sure about legally.

Just a docket update for Gonzales. Nothing updated for Villalon.

Gonzales:

Events
Event Date Event Desc
03/20/2023 ARRAIGNMENT ORDER

03/20/2023 JURY WAIVER, STIPULATION & STATE'S EXHIBIT #1

03/20/2023 AGREEMENT ON TIME CREDIT

03/20/2023 ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF RECEIPT OR DISCLOSURE OF DOCS, ITEMS AND INFO PROVIDED TO THE DEFT

03/20/2023 DA DISCOVERY FORM

03/20/2023 TRIAL COURTS CERTIFICATION ON DEFT'S RIGHT OF APPEAL

03/20/2023 INFORMATION ON MILITARY SERVICE

link: https://mclennan.edoctec.com/McLennanDCWeb/CriminalRecordsDetail.aspx?id=92378

I used to have Bancam as my "go to person" for this case - but when I put the @ sign in front of their name - it does not come up - meaning they are no longer here.

So was wondering if anyone reading here can find out when Vailalon's change of plea hearing might be. That is IF she takes a plea deal. Trial is scheduled on 5/15/23 if a plea deal is not agreed upon.

Here Case # for murder:
McLennan County #2020-1289-C1

TIA if anyone can help me! :)

If I look on the court site I can access it only has it updated thru 4/14/22....

I used to have Bancam as my "go to person" for this case - but when I put the @ sign in front of their name - it does not come up - meaning they are no longer here.

So was wondering if anyone reading here can find out when Vailalon's change of plea hearing might be. That is IF she takes a plea deal. Trial is scheduled on 5/15/23 if a plea deal is not agreed upon.

Here Case # for murder:
McLennan County #2020-1289-C1

TIA if anyone can help me! :)

If I look on the court site I can access it only has it updated thru 4/14/22....
I searched by both case # and name and see the same thing you do. ???

Last entry:

04/14/2022​
DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR CONTINUANCE​

McLennan County District Clerk

I searched by both case # and name and see the same thing you do. ???

Last entry:

04/14/2022​
DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR CONTINUANCE​

McLennan County District Clerk

Thanks for checking. I believe Bancam went to a different site - I shall go back thru this thread & see if I can find it. This will have to wait until tomorrow - as I am off to bed to read... :)

Noting:

Most non-Texans don't know this, but "Don't Mess with Texas" is our anti-littering campaign. :D

Any news on Villalon's plea deal or hearing on it?

I am not finding anything over here.

McLennan County #2020-1289-C1 murder & injury

TIA if someone can help!

Ah - got an Alert!

April 19, 2023

WACO, Texas (KWTX) - The mother of Baby Frankie Gonzales, who gave birth to her son in prison, and then reportedly wrapped his battered body in trash bags before throwing him in a trash bin in June 2020, is set to plead guilty May 4, her attorney and court officials confirmed Tuesday.

Laura Villalon, 38, who has been jailed 1,051 days, has agreed to plead guilty to an injury to a child charge with a deadly weapon finding in exchange for a recommendation from the McLennan County District Attorney’s Office that she be sentenced to 50 years in prison.

Thursday, May 4th:
*Plea Hearing (@ am CT) - TX – Frankie Isaiah Gonzales (Villalon) (2) (DOB 1/18/18)(reported missing: June 1, 2020, Cameron Park, Waco; per mom last seen @ Pecan Bottoms near University Parks Drive & Herring Ave; found June 2, 2020 in dumpster near Park Lake Dr. Baptist church about 2 ½ miles from park; actually died on May 28, 2020) - *Laura Jane Villalon (Sanchez) (35/now 37) “mom” arrested & charged (6/2/20) & arraigned (9/8/20) with 1st degree felony injury to a child with intent & parole violation . Plead not guilty. No bond set, changed to $500K. (Original arrested for parole violation).
Charged & indicted (8/13/20) & arraigned (9/8/20) with capital murder & injury to a child. Plead not guilty.
Trial is set to begin on 5/15/23 if no plea deal agreement is reached.
Case & court info from 7/27/20 thru 4/14/22 reference post #338 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...on-park-waco-1-jun-2020-arrest.525316/page-17

11/3/22 Update: Had pretrial hearing. Villalon’s attorney, Russ Hunt Sr., said before Villalon’s hearing that her defense team is still in the investigation phase, determining what evidence it has & tying up loose ends before meeting with a prosecutor & providing evidence in Villalon’s defense. He said there are a number of questions that remain, but declined to go into detail. During Thursday’s hearing, Hunt told West his team is waiting for the results of additional testing, the nature of which was not discussed & asked that another status conference be scheduled in another 90 days. West granted the motion, scheduling the conference on the same date as Gonzales’ tentative trial setting on 3/20/23.
3/20/23 Update: Frankie’s mother, Villalon remains jailed under indictment for capital murder & injury to a child. She has a 5/15/23 trial date, but has worked out a tentative plea agreement with the district attorney’s office, her attorney, Russ Hunt, said Monday. In exchange for her guilty plea to 1st degree felony injury to a child, the state has agreed to waive the capital murder charge & the death penalty & recommend she be sentenced to 50 years in prison. Under the terms of that deal, Villalon must be given credit for serving at least a quarter of her sentence before she is eligible for parole, Hunt said. No date has been set for her plea, court officials said.
4/18/23 Update: Villalon is set to plead guilty on 5/4/23, her attorney & court officials confirmed Tuesday. Villalon who has been jailed 1,051 days, has agreed to plead guilty to an injury to a child charge with a deadly weapon finding in exchange for a recommendation from the McLennan County District Attorney’s Office that she be sentenced to 50 years in prison.
*Lorenzo Gonzales (28/now 30) – Plead guilty on 3/20/23 & sentenced to 2 concurrent 10 years in prison. Must serve at least half of his 10 year term before he can seek parole. He also has been placed under an immigration detainer & is expect to be deposited after he serves his prison term.

ound one I could access:

May 4, 2023
Laura Jane Villalon, the mother of a toddler who was found dead in a trash bin in June 2020, dodged a capital murder charge by pleading guilty Thursday to injury to a child causing death, and received a 50-year prison sentence.
Laura Jane Villalon

Villalon, 38, of Waco, had also been indicted on a capital murder charge, but prosecutors proceeded with the lesser charge of i jury to a child, a first-degree felony, because the evidence supported it, according to a Thursday statement from McLennan County First Assistant District Attorney Ryan Calvert.
[.....]
Villalon will be eligible for parole after she serves half her sentence, 25 years.

As a term of her plea deal, Villalon waived her right to appeal, court documents show.

JUL 10, 2023
[...]

Tetens said his office is attacking the heap of cases on multiple fronts: prioritizing the oldest and most violent cases for trial, working out plea deals, starting a case intake unit to ensure new cases and inherited ones are charged properly, and improving cooperation between the DA’s office and area law enforcement agencies.

[...]

Calvert’s review of the May 2020 death of 2-year-old Frankie Gonzalez led the boy’s mother to accept a 50-year prison sentence and a guilty plea to injury to a child causing death. Laura Jane Villalon falsely reported the boy missing, leading to a frantic overnight search of Cameron Park before she confessed to dumping the boy’s body, which showed signs of multiple injuries.

Calvert said he could prove Villalon caused Frankie’s fatal injuries, but not her intent, as the original capital murder charge would require.

[...]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charharr