Identified! Tx - Galveston, Hispmale 'little Jacob' Up17178, 3-5, Jayden Alexander Lopez, Oct'17 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am unsure. I agree :*( I didn't want to think that at first but as days go by, it becomes clear :*(

I hope they can find this little one’s family though missing persons. Sadly, honey, I think you’re right. The longer this little one is not named, the more will sadness there will be in days to come.

my son is 4 1/2. he is 3"7.5 and weighs 42.5 pounds. he is 90%tile for his age. he is skinny but solid. so this little guy is small or on the younger end.

Yes, a lot of us agree with you. He is closer to 3 or younger.

I agree, CW. I just checked my grandson’s height mark on the kitchen doorframe from when he was 4 and a half years old. He stood 1 metre tall (or about 40” in your money) and he is of average height (if not a little ‘short’).

I think this little one may be closer to a 3 year old, or even younger, than a 4 to 5 year old if he stood at 91 cm (just on 3’). He could’ve been small for his age, I suppose.

if the sketch artist’s rendition of this this little one is true to how he would’ve looked in life, he seems to have been well-nourished (and his hair well groomed).
It's not just size, there's also things like teeth, skull sutures, bone development, most of which aren't visible in a photo or sketch. His face looks at least three--his cheeks seem to have lost most of the baby fat and his eyebrows are quite pronounced.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

It's not just size, there's also things like teeth, skull sutures, bone development, most of which aren't visible in a photo or sketch. His face looks at least three--his cheeks seem to have lost most of the baby fat and his eyebrows are quite pronounced.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info cb. Do you think he’d be closer to 3 or 5 from the sketch? I read that the artist was given a photograph as a guide. Would that make much difference to her rendition?

NCMEC Listing:

attachment.php

‘On October 20, 2017 an unidentified boy was found deceased along the beach in Galveston, Texas. The child’s body was found washed up on the beach near the 700 block of Seawall Blvd in Galveston. The child had been deceased 1-2 days before being found. He is estimated to be 3-5 years old and believed to be Hispanic or Caucasian. He had black hair, brown eyes and stood approximately 3 feet tall weighing around 28 pounds. The image above is a hand sketch composite provided by Texas authorities showing what the child may have looked like in life.’

Source:

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMU/1311490

Thank you.

If a parent is the type to ditch their child in the ocean the chances are the child is unlikely to have been properly fed or looked after ever. So he could have been a skinny undernourished 5 year old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info cb. Do you think he’d be closer to 3 or 5 from the sketch? I read that the artist was given a photograph as a guide. Would that make much difference to her rendition?

Personally I'd guess about 4, and small for his age. But that's just a guess. He looks more than a few months older than my grandson who will be 3 in February.

I don't have much insight into the sketch process, unfortunately. I know the artist has done several other sketches of deceased children that have helped lead to their identity, so I expect it's as accurate as she can make it. But since she works from photos, it would only be as good as the photos they send.

These charts are based on a 2 year old male being 36" tall and 28lbs.

image.jpg

image.jpg

If we change the age to 3 he still falls within a healthy percentile, which according to pediatricians is anywhere between 3rd and 97th percentiles.

My guess is he is 2-3 years old

Plausible that someone walked his body out into the water at a different location and he ended up at 7th street. I honestly don't believe he could have come from very far like some suggest. I definitely think it's possible he could have been placed in the water and then washed ashore several miles from where he originally went in.

IMO, I thought the same thing...the east end of the island is literally vast and people can come and go without much notice via vehicles on that end of the island. It is adjacent to the ship channel and jetty. People fish off that but easy for some person to dispose of something in the water without being noticed...especially at night. Can park under the ruse of fishing and...currents are pretty strong. Am attaching a link that talks about swimming areas that are not safe that includes other pertinent info. http://www.galvnews.com/news/free/article_51734988-d0be-11e2-9299-0019bb30f31a.html

IMO, I thought the same thing...the east end of the island is literally vast and people can come and go without much notice via vehicles on that end of the island. It is adjacent to the ship channel and jetty. People fish off that but easy for some person to dispose of something in the water without being noticed...especially at night. Can park under the ruse of fishing and...currents are pretty strong. Am attaching a link that talks about swimming areas that are not safe that includes other pertinent info. http://www.galvnews.com/news/free/article_51734988-d0be-11e2-9299-0019bb30f31a.html

The ends of the island are the worst, good fishing but dangerous I think a lot of people think those areas are like the rest of the beach where it gradually gets deeper the further you go; when it reality you could go from calf deep to over your head with one step too far.

I have small kids. Two small by genetics and one small because of health. They are almost all sickly small looking. Charts and averages are really irrelevant. So much about the size of a person is dependent on lifestyle and genetics. The charts can be the first indicator into a potential health issue (like they were for us), but beyond that I think they are worthless.

He looks about 4-5 to me based on the picture. But the teeth and weight make me think younger.

Personally I'd guess about 4, and small for his age. But that's just a guess. He looks more than a few months older than my grandson who will be 3 in February.

I don't have much insight into the sketch process, unfortunately. I know the artist has done several other sketches of deceased children that have helped lead to their identity, so I expect it's as accurate as she can make it. But since she works from photos, it would only be as good as the photos they send.

Thanks cb x

I have small kids. Two small by genetics and one small because of health. They are almost all sickly small looking. Charts and averages are really irrelevant. So much about the size of a person is dependent on lifestyle and genetics. The charts can be the first indicator into a potential health issue (like they were for us), but beyond that I think they are worthless.

He looks about 4-5 to me based on the picture. But the teeth and weight make me think younger.

While I don't disagree that genetics play a part I don't think averages are irrelevant, like you mentioned charts can be the first indicator of a potential health problem. Most children have a full set of 20 teeth by the age of three.

Plausible that someone walked his body out into the water at a different location and he ended up at 7th street. I honestly don't believe he could have come from very far like some suggest. I definitely think it's possible he could have been placed in the water and then washed ashore several miles from where he originally went in.

The ends of the island are the worst, good fishing but dangerous I think a lot of people think those areas are like the rest of the beach where it gradually gets deeper the further you go; when it reality you could go from calf deep to over your head with one step too far.

I was looking at the flow of the river from the bridge at Baytown through the bay to Galveston on Google this morning. It looks as if there’s a definite flow of fresh water stained with silt that spews out from the entrance of the bay into the Gulf. It seems to hug the coast for some distance, both west and east of the entrance so it might be possible that this little one went into the water somewhere north east/east of where he was found on the beach. That’s all I can figure out for now. Hopefully, my friend will give us more information about tides and currents in the days leading up to this little one’s discovery soon.

This is sooooo Bella. It pains me. They should do the isotopes NOW. Probably no pollen to test unless it's in this poor baby's hair. :(. {sigh}

I agree. It would be good to look at tidal flow, high tide and low tide, currents. And also boat traffic. A large ship leaving or coming into port could generate enough of a wave to wash him onshore. Is there any chance he came from a immigrant boat that sank?

Various different tide flows on the pier there. Would be interesting to see the currents.

http://www.tides4fishing.com/us/texas/galveston-pleasure-pier

"Galveston police investigators say somebody walking down the beach found the body around 5:35 p.m. Friday near 7th and Seawall. The passerby spotted the body in the surf in an area that is not heavily trafficked."
http://abc13.com/no-missing-kids-match-toddler-found-on-galveston-beach/2553742/

There was a new moon on the 18th and that makes for big tides and currents.
Diagrams here show this, its called a tidal co-efficient .
I have circled in red & black the days of the month that had the big tidal coefficient , 17-21st is the most recent period .
Thats a big tidal movement in fact .
I will try find out some more about the potential currents and post more about that .
0ab5b10a3a6cc787b370dd016caa059e.jpg
096c2347357734174dc65d16576da235.jpg
a5e65fd84c0dda68cf39a5e17c8481f3.jpg
489b14f9a2fd729ab0337d457ffb005d.jpg

http://www.tides4fishing.com/us/texas/galveston-pleasure-pier

Metic, thank you so much for your help my friend x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online