TX - Gunman dead after shootout with police outside Dallas court building, June 2019

Wagtales10

Reaction score
Gunman dead after shootout with police outside Dallas court building

A rifle-toting gunman wearing tactical gear and carrying multiple magazines was fatally shot Monday after exchanging fire with federal officers outside a downtown Dallas court building, police said.

The gunman, identified as Brian Isaack Clyde, was seen on video near the doors to the Earle Cabell Federal Building at about 8:50 a.m. before running across the street and into a parking lot, where he falls down.

He was taken to an area hospital, where he was pronounced dead, Matt DeSarno, special agent in charge of the FBI's Dallas Field Office, said. No one else was injured during the incident, police said.

Dallas police said a bomb squad was inspecting the suspect's vehicle, and later conducted a controlled explosion of it. They said hours after the shooting that the vehicle had been rendered safe, but told people to still avoid the area.

Monday's shooting happened around the corner from where five Dallas officers were gunned down in a 2016 ambush.

Checked out his SM. Pretty much what I expected. JMO but it feels like there's a growing public health & safety issue that needs to be researched and addressed.

ETA: I'm just thankful no one else was injured or killed by this perp.

a couple of blocks from my work - now the second shooting we could see from our offices. I am so weary of waiting to see what will be next. I read his SM - red flags abound. I can't even be mad at him - obviously a troubled young man. So grateful no one else hurt; and for the responders and officers that made that happen.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann
Back