TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer didn't take the time to clear up any "inaccuracies" .
Questions for the locals -

Why is a city manager making statements (or press releases)? Does Colorado City not have a police department with a chief? If not, then isn't there a county sheriff and wouldn't that agency have a public information officer? I do realize its a small town but LE is LE anywhere and they usually are the authority and decide what is said or released to the public.

What concerns me is that Hailey had a BF for 3 weeks and never told her mother.

That is concerning, but what is also concerning is that I was able to glean that very early on from comments made on Hailey's FB page. I can only speculate that her mom did not keep very close track of Hailey's social networking. I posted that in the 1st thread. The comments were posted on 12/12 under Hailey's status about not wanting to go to the band concert.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=100001908815932&v=wall

Too bad Colorado City Manager Pete Kampfer didn't take the time to clear up any "inaccuracies" .

Agreed. I think it's BS at the moment what he is saying. You can tell that Nancy's people very much look into things beforehand.

Guys, stay with me here. Are there any WS'ers that are psychics or have "feelings" about events that might share with us their thoughts right now? When the Morgan Harrington forum was up at her web site, we had several posters that shared their instincts, dreams, and/or "feelings". It can't hurt-

There is a thread for Hailey on the Forensic Astrology Forum.

When I was 13 I lived in a very small town in Oklahoma much like CCTX and when I would go stay with my friends my parents never called to see if I made it. They would have only expected something was wrong if they got a call from the other parent, or if the police had brought me home. There is kind of a sense of freedom in small towns that you just don't get in the city.

My mother was far from mommy of the year material and there is no way I could have planned an overnight without permission, and she wanted to verify with the overnight parent that they were going to be home.

Everyone handles things differently.
Not saying there is a one size fits all.

I'm just going to keep my mouth shut on Pete Kampfer, I think he is the LAST person anyone needs to be talking to.

As a local, can you ellaborate please? Since most of us are not local, we may take a public official's word as truth. It might be nice to see what others in the area feel.

Is NG going to do an update on Hailey tonight? (wed). I know in a few of the posts I read that it was going to be thursday night. I am confused. Possibly NG could talk to the colorado city manager and he could clear things up and clarify what the "inaccuracies" are.

That is concerning, but what is also concerning is that I was able to glean that very early on from comments made on Hailey's FB page. I can only speculate that her mom did not keep very close track of Hailey's social networking. I posted that in the 1st thread. The comments were posted on 12/12 under Hailey's status about not wanting to go to the band concert.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=100001908815932&v=wall

She may not have been able to. BD said last night on NG that she did not have a computer at home. I think that HD was posting off of some sort of mobile device (ipod or something).

All I can say from reading about him is that he appears to definitely have a lot of ups and downs in his temperment.

Maybe... but we even know this? All we really know is the one argument at work. Or has their been anything published in MSM that he was like this often?

ETA: I'm going to refrain from continuing down this path - and try to focus again just on Hailey... :)

Regarding "inaccuracies" on the NG show.... I know one inacurracy was that they stated SA was living with Billie. I do not believe he is. I also think they had up on the scroller that she was last seen at 1:00 and not 3:15. Also something might be off about the bloodhounds too...

Yep...but, then I figure he might have never watched NG's show. Inaccurate is mild, IMO. Do wish he'd elaborate, though.

Regarding "inaccuracies" on the NG show.... I know one inacurracy was that they stated SA was living with Billie. I do not believe he is. I also think they had up on the scroller that she was last seen at 1:00 and not 3:15. Also something might be off about the bloodhounds too...

Another one early on (I believe the first night - not sure if it was repeated last night): that Hailey was on her way to a sleepover at a friend's house. That has not been proven as fact.

All in all, I think NG did a great job... and I'm not really a fan of hers. But I have been impressed with her on this case.

Maybe... but we even know this? All we really know is the one argument at work. Or has their been anything published in MSM that he was like this often?

ETA: I'm going to refrain from continuing down this path - and try to focus again just on Hailey... :)

Ditto for me

Good point, I will remove my post as I am not sure that it has been in MSM.

Praying for Hailey!

Is NG going to do an update on Hailey tonight? (wed). I know in a few of the posts I read that it was going to be thursday night. I am confused. Possibly NG could talk to the colorado city manager and he could clear things up and clarify what the "inaccuracies" are.

Well I just saw they had something on HLN about Hailey.

Yup they said NG is keeping a close eye on the search for HD. So maybe she will have something on her Hailey's case.

And maybe BO will be back on Thursday??

Officials confirmed Wednesday that Shawn Adkins, the boyfriend of Hailey’s mother, has been administered a polygraph test. He was reportedly the last person who saw Hailey before she disappeared on Dec. 27.
Officials also confirmed that Hailey’s home is being searched Wednesday for any clues that may have been missed earlier.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26377567/detail.html

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- Officials in Colorado City are continuing their efforts to discover evidence related to the disappearance of 13-year-old Colorado Middle School student Hailey Dunn.

Officials confirmed Wednesday that Shawn Adkins, the boyfriend of Hailey’s mother, has been administered a polygraph test. He was reportedly the last person who saw Hailey before she disappeared on Dec. 27.

Officials also confirmed that Hailey’s home is being searched Wednesday for any clues that may have been missed earlier.

The search was being conducted by the Texas Rangers, who searched the home and spent 10 minutes in an outdoor storage shed.
snipped

....groan

i hope this isn't the first search of the home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500