TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it took longer because they were pre-paid cell phones.

Based on what Ben Levitan, a telecommunications expert said last nite on NG, LE could have gone straight to the phone companies for the records they needed and apprehending the phones was unnecessary.

Snip

GRACE: I want to go to Ben Levitan, telecommunications expert, joining us out of Raleigh. Ben, these phones were disposable phones. What does that mean? Will police be able to track them?

BEN LEVITAN, TELECOMMUNICATIONS EXPERT (via telephone): It doesn`t matter, Nancy. A prepaid phone, or like you call it, a disposable phone, is exactly the same as any other phone. It can be traced. It can be wiretapped. It makes no sense for the police to take the phones away. All the information they need is available from the phone companies, and that information for every person involved in this should be grabbed right now.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/04/ng.01.html

I can't help but think that phone call Hailey allegedly made is important here...maybe LE does know if there was a call and who made it and who was on the other end and just isn't saying?

Wednesday, 11 a.m.:
Shawn Adkins, the last person to speak to Hailey Dunn before she disappeared, has been taken in for a polygraph test.
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328246

BBM -they are saying he is the last to speak to her - now i wonder if they know this for certain or they are assuming it (and don't know about her cellphone calls?)

If Hailey did not take a phone with her and it seems she didn't, then I guess he would be the last person known to have spoken with her, only the word "known" is left out...

2 things....does anyone know what info is used to find a scanner feed for Colorado City? Is it the county?? And.....IF there is an arrest, where would the person be jailed? County, again?

Someone ask if fhe main street is a double lane road..but I do know cause I live here in ccity..that hickory is our main road and its a wide two lane road...

Thanks! That was me. From Google Street View, it does not appear that there are many businesses that would be of interest to teens. Can you tell us a little about what Hickory, say between 18th and 22nd, looks like now? Has it been built up and renovated? Are there more teen friendly businesses? Where might young teens be walking near after dark?

I thought an expert on NG said getting info from a prepaid phone was same as any cell phone?

I have a prepaid phone and all that's needed is the phone number and password, which you set when you activate the service. With this info, all numbers called, answered, or missed can be viewed on the phone company's website.

Sadly, I too believe this is the first search of the home.

Many of us have been asking since the beginning if the house had been searched previously; as all we could find was "talking and knocking on doors" - see below!

I'm just sick about this...I'm sorry, but that is the very, very first thing you do...I don't care if it is a suspected runaway---how would you even know that much if you didn't search?

12/28 - "Police conducted a door-to-door search for the missing girl, after checking with family and friends."

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...-search-missing-girl&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

12/29 - Police have backtracked their steps since Dunn's disapperance, talking again with family members, friends and knocking on neighborhood doors.

"We're back where we started yesterday," Bivins said.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...y-girl-still-missing&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

12/30 - Officers are checking abandoned houses and storm cellars and have pursued possible leads in Snyder with the assistance of the Snyder police department.

“We’re turning over every stone we come across,” Bivins said. “We appreciate everyone in the community for their response. Any information they have, we’ll follow up on all leads.”

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...rl-still-unaccounted&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

My Comments - Someone please tell me they have something different, because I soooo want to be wrong!

BEN LEVITAN, TELECOMMUNICATIONS EXPERT (via telephone): It doesn`t matter, Nancy. A prepaid phone, or like you call it, a disposable phone, is exactly the same as any other phone. It can be traced. It can be wiretapped. It makes no sense for the police to take the phones away. All the information they need is available from the phone companies, and that information for every person involved in this should be grabbed right now.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/04/ng.01.html

Downloads, texts, phone numbers and the like can all be accessed by the phone companies - my phone is even backed up on a server online....

But what about pictures?

Another question would be, are there multiple SIM cards being used/swapped out?

on the Hailey Dunn community FB, allot of people are calling SA 'suspicious BF'
poor BOand CD.

2 things....does anyone know what info is used to find a scanner feed for Colorado City? Is it the county?? And.....IF there is an arrest, where would the person be jailed? County, again?

I think that the scanner feed is county and we have a county jail.

BBM

it doesn't appear there's a live feed for Mitchell county, Amster...the closest county with a feed is Nolan (east of Mitchell)

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?stid=48

Please, someone help me with this... there was a word used yesterday as far as the poly and the BF is concerned- RETEST.

Also, the mother mentioning the shoes... I just find that odd.

You have to help me...help you...LOl

What mentioning of shoes are you talking about?

Please, someone help me with this... there was a word used yesterday as far as the poly and the BF is concerned- RETEST.

Also, the mother mentioning the shoes... I just find that odd.

Who said the word "retest"? If SA retested for the polygraph, I would imagine that they had tried testing him previously, but when they discovered that he was on prescription drugs, they had to throw that test out. I do not recall having heard definitively that they had already tried to poly him.

With regard to the shoes, I can speculate that the mother originally assumed that Hailey left wearing sneakers, maybe based on the weather, but later discovered that she had actually likely left in her flip flops, as the sneakers were found and the flip flops were not. Pure speculation on my part though.

You have to help me...help you...LOl

What mentioning of shoes are you talking about?

The mother mentioned she did NOT have the tennis shoes on. She had flip-flops on. I wonder if she may have automatically assumed that she would be wearing the tennis. And may have been surprised that they were there at home.

I think I need to go back and find where she mentioned this. I was hoping someone else would know.

Also, it was mentioned he would retest. I take that to mean he has already tested prior.

Sorry, for the confusion.

I did see some comments on the page for Hailey that allege that Hailey and SA did not get along...but who knows if this is true,

Who said the word "retest"? If SA retested for the polygraph, I would imagine that they had tried testing him previously, but when they discovered that he was on prescription drugs, they had to throw that test out. I do not recall having heard definitively that they had already tried to poly him.

With regard to the shoes, I can speculate that the mother originally assumed that Hailey left wearing sneakers, maybe based on the weather, but later discovered that she had actually likely left in her flip flops, as the sneakers were found and the flip flops were not. Pure speculation on my part though.

Thank you, I do need to go back and find where I picked these up. It would be easier to explain why I find them odd. LOL

I think "reschedule" and "retest" have gotten confused.... Was SA scheduled to have a poly, found to be on prescribed meds, and the test rescheduled? Or was there a test done and had to be redone as meds caused inaccurate results?

Thank you, I do need to go back and find where I picked these up. It would be easier to explain why I find them odd. LOL

There was definite confusion early on as to what shoes Hailey was wearing. Initially it was the sneakers and later it was the flip flops. However, I do not believe that you will find clarification as to where the confusion lies within MSM, as I believe that this particular information came from a verified local on the board. I could be wrong though that this was not clarified by MSM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500