TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20029046-504083.html

"Details in the case have been scarce, but city manager Pete Kampfer said evidence was found recently at a landfill in Abilene, 70 miles east of Colorado City, where Hailey was reported missing.

"It's a sensitive part of the investigation," Kampfer said. "The cadaver dogs did hit on items at the landfill."

Sigh. Is this just mis-reporting, or is Kampfer singing a different tune to every news agency?

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/19/texas.missing.cheerleader/

Hailey is 5 feet 2 inches tall and weighs 120 pounds. She has hazel eyes and brown hair with blond streaks. When she disappeared, she was wearing navy blue sweatpants, a light-colored short-sleeve T-shirt and pink and white tennis shoes

GAH! They took the earrings out of the description, but now she's back in sneakers!

"Details in the case have been scarce, but city manager Pete Kampfer said evidence was found recently at a landfill in Abilene, 70 miles east of Colorado City, where Hailey was reported missing.

"It's a sensitive part of the investigation," Kampfer said. "The cadaver dogs did hit on items at the landfill."

Sigh. Is this just mis-reporting, or is Kampfer singing a different tune to every news agency?

I thought they had reported that the hits were on discarded casts and that they had nothing to do with Hailey. Or is this a new report and a different search?:waitasec:

I think MK might have been instrumental in mending "bad feelings" between BD and LE and might be encouraging her to go with a different approach in the search for her daughter.

MOO

Yes, and on Monday's NG, he encouraged her (paraphrasing of course) to do whatever necessary to clear herself of suspicion. Makes sense.

Mis-reporting? There hasn't been any of THAT in THIS case, has there? :floorlaugh:

I have a small piece to add. My brother works for the company that picks up the garbage in Colorado City. He was working on the other side of town the day that HD disappeared so another worker picked up the trash at that home. My brother was contacted by LE the next Sunday to find out where he had dumped the trash he had picked up the Monday before and he told them that not dumped, the garbage from the previous Monday and Tuesday was still in his truck because he had been sick at home the entire week. He waited three more days and dumped his truck in Snyder. The trash that was picked up at HD's home that Monday was dumped in Colorado City, the only load that was ever dumped there. The employees, including my brother, of the disposal company looked over that trash as it was dumped but didn't search it.

The second Sunday after HD disappeared my brother was interviewed at his home by an FBI agent then again the next day at work along with his co-workers.

Each day, each truck dumps 5-9 tons of trash. They also pick up in Snyder, Dunn, and I believe he said Abilene. By the time the search began and the dump in Snyder was searched, that load was probably 15 feet under more trash. It was an enormous amount of trash.

The trash from BD's home, dumped at CCity was only about 6 inches under and spread thinly over a large area. Also each day, a gps unit is taken to the the dump sites and recorded, so that they are able to pinpoint the sites for a particular day.

Good question Mck. Every time I pull up a thread on Hailey there is some information being reported that was previously discounted or someone in the investigation saying that something was misreported. I am quite frustrated with that, but I fear that we are not going to get anything better out of this one. Just take some tylenol and hang on for the ride!

I have a small piece to add. My brother works for the company that picks up the garbage in Colorado City. He was working on the other side of town the day that HD disappeared so another worker picked up the trash at that home. My brother was contacted by LE the next Sunday to find out where he had dumped the trash he had picked up the Monday before and he told them that not dumped, the garbage from the previous Monday and Tuesday was still in his truck because he had been sick at home the entire week. He waited three more days and dumped his truck in Snyder. The trash that was picked up at HD's home that Monday was dumped in Colorado City, the only load that was ever dumped there. The employees, including my brother, of the disposal company looked over that trash as it was dumped but didn't search it.

The second Sunday after HD disappeared my brother was interviewed at his home by an FBI agent then again the next day at work along with his co-workers.

Each day, each truck dumps 5-9 tons of trash. They also pick up in Snyder, Dunn, and I believe he said Abilene. By the time the search began and the dump in Snyder was searched, that load was probably 15 feet under more trash. It was an enormous amount of trash.

The trash from BD's home, dumped at CCity was only about 6 inches under and spread thinly over a large area. Also each day, a gps unit is taken to the the dump sites and recorded, so that they are able to pinpoint the sites for a particular day.

thank you texas gigi that was very informative! and welcome to websleuths as well

Do you know if this is a public land fill? Or if any of them you listed above are public? tia

I thought they had reported that the hits were on discarded casts and that they had nothing to do with Hailey. Or is this a new report and a different search?:waitasec:

Heck if I know. Last I heard was some "evidence" was found at one of three of the landfills searched, but LE declined to comment on what the evidence was or which landfill - and now this comes out again. Who knows anymore.......

I can't jump to any conclusions in this case even though SA is on top my list. ALL my options are open. Landfill searches can be a real iffy situation with cadaver dogs. Medical waste being what it is, the training of the dog etc.

Far as Billie goes to the landfill if we're speculating, she may have gone there to thank the searchers.

All my options are open and I hope news breaks soon about what happened to Hailey.

My whole problem relates to a lack of communication on many levels.

Thanks so much.. and :wagon:

I think the reality of everyting is sinking in and with DD gone from the house you are going to see Billie lose it and really see the emotional mess she is. She no longer has to be the "strong" one , She doesnt have to try and keep it together. Yes she has had some inconsistencies and not done things in her life the way we think she should.
SHe is still human.

Poor Clint this guy breaks my heart..but in the same sense look how much he has changed in 3 weeks ..Were going to see GREAT things from this man u watch and see.

I didn't realize Billie had hooked up with Shawn as soon as she and Clint separated.

DUNN: In the beginning she didn`t like him. In the beginning Clint and I had just separated.

http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/06/ng.01.html

Sharp find, BeanE! So Hailey could have seen SA as a true impediment to her parents getting back together?! They were separated, not divorced, right?

(Ugh. Sounds like what my dad did to my mom. My sister and I wanted our parents to get back together so much after they separated. Then my dad met his current wife online and started divorce proceedings. There was no turning back. I understand if Hailey was hurt- I STILL have problems relating to my stepmother because I have a little leftover resentment. :(

Sharp find, BeanE! So Hailey could have seen SA as a true impediment to her parents getting back together?! They were separated, not divorced, right?

(Ugh. Sounds like what my dad did to my mom. My sister and I wanted our parents to get back together so much after they separated. Then my dad met his current wife online and started divorce proceedings. There was no turning back. I understand if Hailey was hurt- I STILL have problems relating to my stepmother because I have a little leftover resentment. :(

Yeah they are still just separated, no divorce.

Let me just take this chance to defend our "Mayberry USA" police force here in Colorado City. First, I agree the officer on the 911 call was out of line. He sounded aggravated and I can only imagine that he was at that point. And from what I can surmise, this wasn't a call with Billie on the line, it was a call from the dispatcher to the officer to let him know what was going on and to request assistance. BUT...he did respond to the call and took a report and did his job. Any contact I have had with our Police Department has been positive and professional. They are moms and dads too, and I know they have ALL taken Hailey's case to heart.

Small Town Law Enforcement is a tricky situation at best. They deal with the same people day in day out (Think the town drunk Otis Campbell on Mayberry). It gets to the point that you don't take the nuisance calls as serious, they have cried wolf to many times!

Unfortunately Hailey had a mom that "cried wolf to many times" and LE didn't take Hailey missing as a child in harms way but rather a child running from the situation at home. I think it's hard for city people to understand the dynamics and the resources of small town LE Agency.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members