TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I noticed about the 911 calls is that the first one was made from her work in Snyder and she said that she had broken up with her boyfriend yesterday. The second one was made from the house on Chestnut St, she didn't have a vehicle and she said she had broken up with "this guy" a couple of days ago.

So were both the calls on the same day or was this an ongoing thing for a couple of days? Or just more BD inconsistencies even back then? :waitasec:

Law enforcement will be using cadaver dogs this afternoon to search the landfill in Colorado City for missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn.

The number of volunteers dwindled to about 20 today, due to the cold weather, organizers said.

Two volunteer search teams gathered for the second time this morning. They will be searching areas along Hwy 208 toward the community of Dunn, which is north of Colorado City.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/20/colorado-city-landfill-target-today-part-search-mi/

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/20/colorado-city-landfill-target-today-part-search-mi/

Oh my only twenty searchers and we have about 12 or so pizza's being delivered today.

There is so much private farmland along highway 208 I sure hope the land owners give the group permission to search.

I was reading some comments this week on the fb sites,one account freaked me out.They were talking about an abandoned home they couldn't get into there were rattlesnakes in it.EEK!!!

Speaking of which, snakes hibernate in cold weather-- I hope this house is searched.

I was reading some comments this week on the fb sites,one account freaked me out.They were talking about an abandoned home they couldn't get into there were rattlesnakes in it.EEK!!!Also one said something about freezing rain,and what kind of people won't let anyone search thier property,get out there and search it yourself then,geesh!

I live about an hour and a half from Colorado City. We won't be seeing rattlesnakes for another 6-8 weeks at least.

I agree that she probably didn't check in on her, hence the non-committal answers. I am not sure of her exact words, but almost along the lines of she appeared to be in her bed sleeping. I get the feeling that she is setting it up, like someone made HD's bed look like she was in there, like she snuck out or something or SA made it appear that she was sleeping.JMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellebelle
I have never thought that BD even so much as peeked in on her daughter Monday morning. I think when people on here questioned the friend about it, that she might have mentioned it to BD. In order to make herself appear as a good mom she started saying it. I had not heard it before someone asked the friend on here so it kind of stood out to me.
JMO

It's possible Hailey snuck out of the house during the night too.

BD's remarks: "I didn't touch her" raise a red flag to me and BD & HD had a heated argument over Xmas. BD said her and SA were verbally abusive towards each other and if HD hurled insults at SA, SA may have 'lost it' and physically attacked her. JMO

Is the hairdresser the same woman as the one who said way back when that she had seen Hailey, MB and a boy on Monday night, or a completely different one?

I am not going to judge the way LE is treating the sightings, only because we have not talked to the witnesses and also it does seem as though Hailey was out and about on foot on a regular basis. If the witnesses reported to LE right away, as in the Tuesday night or Wednesday of that week, I would think they would be more credible. People swear to things sometimes and later are proven wrong and they can't believe it.

Bringing over...

She originally said it was "already dark", according to Billie. Two weeks later, it changed to middle of the day. This doesn't help her regarding it being a credible sighting in LE"s eyes. MOO

Great catch.

I mapqwested Hiway 208. I assume this is a TX St. Hiway ( 2 lane) Not a US Hiway (possibly 4)... Do we know if this is just a 2 lane Hiway, and how popular is it for POV's and Truck Traffic ???? Any thing significant in between. Truck stops, Rest areas, etc ?
If this has already been mentioned and answered, I apologize. Thx's....

Speaking of which, snakes hibernate in cold weather-- I hope this house is searched.

That's what I was wondering,but I assumed they were hibernating in the house,I'd be freaked out if I saw them.I don't care if they're asleep or not.LOL

I think SA is guilty--he seemed to enjoy the noteriety he was getting--he looked like he was actually having fun after he got used to being interviewed. He seems way too cocky to me about all of this, and I wouldn't be surprised if he handed her body off to a someone who's taken her far away from the area--like a 200 miles or more, and that this is why he was just bemused to see people searching the town for her.

With his interests, who knows what kind of sick people he's met online, who would want to help him get away with murder.

I live about an hour and a half from Colorado City. We won't be seeing rattlesnakes for another 6-8 weeks at least.

This was a woman on the find Hailey fb page,it probably was searched,but it sounded like she might not be one to go in that house. :rocker:

One thing I noticed about the 911 calls is that the first one was made from her work in Snyder and she said that she had broken up with her boyfriend yesterday. The second one was made from the house on Chestnut St, she didn't have a vehicle and she said she had broken up with "this guy" a couple of days ago.

So were both the calls on the same day or was this an ongoing thing for a couple of days? Or just more BD inconsistencies even back then? :waitasec:

Good questions. I also noticed "yesterday" and "a couple of days ago". Reports said the calls were made on Valentine's Day, and the frustrated policeman said they had been going at it all day, so it's possible they were all made the same day. :rolleyes:

Were they awake? Look like they had been recently??? IF so I'd say search that house, something may have disturbed them BEFORE the searchers!!

Let me just take this chance to defend our "Mayberry USA" police force here in Colorado City. First, I agree the officer on the 911 call was out of line. He sounded aggravated and I can only imagine that he was at that point. And from what I can surmise, this wasn't a call with Billie on the line, it was a call from the dispatcher to the officer to let him know what was going on and to request assistance. BUT...he did respond to the call and took a report and did his job. Any contact I have had with our Police Department has been positive and professional. They are moms and dads too, and I know they have ALL taken Hailey's case to heart.

Have you guys seen this?

COLORADO CITY – Law enforcement will be using cadaver dogs this afternoon to search the landfill in Colorado City for missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn.

The number of volunteers dwindled to about 20 today, due to the cold weather, organizers said.

Oh this saddens me. I wish I could be there :(

I sure hope it picks up over the weekend. I know there was a LOT of food ordered today. Hope it doesn't go to waste...

MOO

Mel

Did we ever find out if Clint had a job as of December 27th? I don't think I have seen a word about whether or not he was working. Wondering what his line of work was, and if his job could create another suspect pool.

Great catch...

I wonder if LE has interviewed any of SA's coworkers to see if they had heard him talk about somewhere he hunts/fishes, places he camped, liked to go. Hopefully they have requested that oilfield workers be on the lookout while checking well sites. I know my brother worked in the oildifeld in Monahans a few years back and he said he could be out in the field and never see another car all day long, so some places are pretty desolate.

Oh this saddens me. I wish I could be there :(

I sure hope it picks up over the weekend. I know there was a LOT of food ordered today. Hope it doesn't go to waste...

MOO

Mel

If anything, I hope any left over food could be taken home to the families, or even the searchers' families. If the searchers are out there all day, then someone needs to be feeding their family at home too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase