TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like straight up CYA DAMAGE CONTROL!

How PR man, how about instead of giving interviews attempting to make the locals look better, you shut up and get the answers everyone really wants!!!!

Hooo Baby! It's gonna be a hot time on the ole NG show tonight!

Reminds me of the mayor of St. Louis telling everyone that the levys were going to hold!

at this point I really could care less if BF failed a poly... but refusing at least two of them?

oh.. and how about leaving his Billie's side in her time of need? Why didn't he go home to be with her?

And then we have the earlier statement by the city spokesperson that says his story has not been corroborated by authorities!

Now we also have the Grandmother's saying Hailey didn't like him being in the house and wanted her parents back together. Did this anger him???

warning just speculation... but say he and Hailey got into an argument that afternoon about her wanting her parents back together etc..... and perhaps she yells out she is going to go call her friend, etc...

not far to extrapolate a story imhoo... not to mention the brother was already off at a sleepover and what better excuse to give.

just thoughts. If he is innocent I will by all means eat my largest sun bonnet.

jmo, the media has left alot of room for translation/interpretation from what has been written in edited comments from many.

Refusing to take polygraphs, perhaps it was an ongoing request that SA was wishy washy on taking the tests...not defending SA but we all know a defense atty would never allow it and no matter what, SA is only 25.

Afaik, the part that has been printed about SA being missing. DD reported that to the TX Rangers and TX Rangers confirmed that they were told and were aware of DD's report, not that the TX Rangers were unaware of SA's location. Also, I've been wondering how long until the local guys gave their own version of a LD test to SA, and the report that SA bolted from Hailey's house (where the uncle & brother were) might explain his bolting to Big Springs and the security of mom's house & property.

jmo

How PR man, how about instead of giving interviews attempting to make the locals look better, you shut up and get the answers everyone really wants!!!!

:clap: Halelujah and a big "amen", sister!

Can't recall how far back it was in the threads, but when Mr. Kampfer was first identified as the spokesperson, one of the locals here opined that he was about the last person anyone should be listening to. I'm beginning to see why.

ITA. IIRC, after thread one was started Billi called the Rangers herself and was upset that outside help was being turned down.

IIRC A poster here whose husband was LE in a neighboring town offered their services and was also turned down!

Ugh with a Capital U.... This is what I am talking about....

Bloodhounds are scent specific? So, like, they're born that way? Ummm, no, that is training, but statements like that just sound so ignorant.

I am glad they talked about what age trails the dogs can work, that is nice. I would like to add however that dogs are capable of running trails much older than 7-8 days, in fact some of us specialize in the 7-10 day trail with great success, 14 with good success and longer with so so success.

I am still just trying to rap my head around that bloodhound comment....

Yeah I thought you'd like that article... :innocent:

I also liked the way it was worded which gave the impression the dogs could work for 7-8 days without stopping. Someone who has never read anything about the dogs is going to be like "they can run for 48 hours... wth?!" :waitasec:

Could these be two separate rewards because the other day it went to $25,000.00?

I am just trying to find some consistency in all the articles and it is so frustrating.

Ridiculous, isn't it? You're not losing it...it was announced that it was going up to 25K and it is only 1 reward. I wondered about the validity of that amount, when it was first announced---and after seeing the inquiries on the Find Hailey FB page. (see my post attached).
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5967967&postcount=30"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #3[/ame]

Reward Increased in Missing Colorado City Girl Case; Mother to Be on CNN Headline News Tuesday Night 1/4/11
January 4, 2011
(no time provided)

COLORADO CITY - In the last hour, the Colorado City Manager has announced the reward for information has been upped to $25,000 in the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn. The reward for information in her disappearance has jumped, from $1,000 to $10,000 and was increased further late Tuesday afternoon to $25,000 according to the Colorado City City Manager.
http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23217

Tuesday, January 04 2011 - no time provided
The reward for information leading to the safe return of Hailey Dunn, 13, has been increased to $25,000, according to the Colorado City City manager.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328116

Colorado City Ups Reward To $25,000 For Return Of Hailey Dunn
POSTED: 3:19 pm CST January 4, 2011
UPDATED: 5:49 pm CST January 4, 2011

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- Officials with the city of Colorado City tell KTXS News that the reward has been upped from $10,000 to $25,000 for the return of missing teen Hailey Dunn.
http://www.ktxs.com/news/26367589/detail.html

Three Times Colorado City Officials Have Requested Amber Alert For Hailey Dunn
POSTED: 7:51 pm CST January 4, 2011
UPDATED: 7:57 am CST January 5, 2011

Tuesday night the reward is growing for the missing teen.
Kampfer says they have received pledges from anonymous donors for a $25,000 reward. At this point, more than $10,000 in cash is already in the vault.
http://www.ktxs.com/news/26370613/detail.html

While I understand errors, mistakes---whatever---when it was questioned within hours of being announced by locals (see Haileys FB Page), then IMO it was extremely irresponsible for the City Manager to perpetuate a reward of an amount not yet verified.

Find Hailey Dunn FB - http://www.facebook.com/posted.php?id=165260016852020

There is another case that (Brittany Smith, age 12) that has some extremely similar circumstances with this one.

BS, 12-year-old abducted by mother's live-in BF. Mother, TS (who was a nurse), was murdered (possibly by the mother's BF (Jeff Easley). Easley abducted the 12-year-old daughter and they were later found panhandling in San Francisco, CA about 1 week after the mother's body was found.

This BF is 32 years old and at least one of the little girl's friends said she was afraid of him and did not want to be the house alone with him when her mother was at work.

This occurred around 12/07/2010. The BF is now in jail in the county where he abducted her (Roanoke County, VA) So far he is only charged with the abduction, but the LE is still investigating the murder. There is a thread on WS for Brittany Smith. It can be found by searching the perp, Jeffrey Easley I think.

Seeing HD's situation with the mom being a nurse, the little girl's friend saying she was not comfortable around SA, and now "possibly" SA seems to have fled, reminded me of Brittany's case (who is now living with her bio-father)

Sorry if this is sort of a "chopped version" of this other case, but just wanted to point out similarities. Perhaps LE needs to be protecting BO from her BF now.

Ugh. This is heartbreaking. Hailey's dad doesn't have internet access or a FB account. He is posting on his mother's account, trying to get Hailey to call/come home. I am so devastated for this family.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001251345847&v=wall

IMO, there is a hint in Dad's posts that explain why LE may have treated her as a runaway. In one of his pleas to her, he says she can live wherever she wants. So maybe she was very unhappy and wanting to maybe move in with Dad, which made the police lean towards a runaway situation. Honestly that scenario is preferable to what her disappearance will otherwise mean.

I am sad for her family too, a parent's worst nightmare. :(

IIRC A poster here whose husband was LE in a neighboring town offered their services and was also turned down!

(pssst....Icks-nay on the oster-pay with the LE ubb-hay, K?)

:innocent:

TGI your post totally has me LOL I haven't spoken or heard pig latin since I was a kid, thank you :)

Nancy's page says both Billie and Clint will be on tonight.

If Shawn really failed his polygraph that is going to be interesting.

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace/

IMO, there is a hint in Dad's posts that explain why LE may have treated her as a runaway. In one of his pleas to her, he says she can live wherever she wants. So maybe she was very unhappy and wanting to maybe move in with Dad, which made the police lean towards a runaway situation. Honestly that scenario is preferable to what her disappearance will otherwise mean.

I am sad for her family too, a parent's worst nightmare. :(

Or maybe he is saying that now that it is coming out that she didn't like Shawn?

I guess what I don't understand about the amount of the reward....WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?????????????? For pete's sake have we became a nation that won't do what's right unless we are paid for it? I mean most people who knew anything would tell without a reward. If it takes that to come forward it's like rewarding a sorry butt anyway.

anyone have a # for Kampfer please PM it to me. I have a comment or two I'd like to share with him.

So do I, Linda. And let's just say that posting it here would require extensive use of the shift key. :innocent:

Someone really needs to pull the plug on this guy and appoint a LE spokesperson - STAT!!

He is the official spokesperson, I believe. At least he talks more than Chief Bivins. If many folks in C-City don't use internet or watch the news, I guess they have to take his word for it unless local radio goes against the grain and questions it.

Could these be two separate rewards because the other day it went to $25,000.00?

I am just trying to find some consistency in all the articles and it is so frustrating.

A couple of days ago someone promised $15,000 on top of the $10,000. I guess that hasn't come through and have only gotten $5,000 in hand so far.

He is the official spokesperson, I believe. At least he talks more than Chief Bivins. If many folks in C-City don't use internet or watch the news, I guess they have to take his word for it unless local radio goes against the grain and questions it.

He is, TGI. But I am less than impressed with his handling of the case, and get the feeling he's not really being kept "in the loop" where LE is concerned.

In a visit to the Dunn household this morning a family friend answered the door and told our CBS 7 crew that the family is tired and does not wish to speak with the media.

However, she said that Billie Dunn, Hailey's mother, will be doing a live interview on the Nancy Grace show once again this evening.

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23235

I think I was right and she is just resting up for Nancy tonight.

I would do the same thing. If this was me and someone was going to interview me I'd probably stick to Nancy Grace as well because of simple fact that she is national so EVERYONE in the US who watches her show would see it. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member