TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are DPS troopers? What does DPS stand for?
department of public service?

they have past been mentioned I think... and I hope i got that right McDraw... if I didn't someone chime in ((they have been involved in searches from the get go))

eta: thanks... safety... see.. my menopause is not as advanced as I thought it was... I can remember two words of a three word phrase!

Holy crap!!! :banghead:

Talk about completely missing the facts! This makes the other guy look good.... oh my.

Fox News said:

Hailey disappeared after spending the night at a friends house on December 28th. FALSE.

She never came home from the friend's house. FALSE

HER boyfriend Shawn Adkins has now been given a polygraph because he was the last to see her before her disappearance on December 27th. - FALSE - he's not her boyfriend, he's her Mom's boyfriend.

Officials are saying at age 13 it "makes it very difficult to know if she walked away, ran away or was taken." FALSE - they are finally saying there might be foul play.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328796

There is no excuse for that. I'm sorry but simple googling in 30 seconds could have told them all of those were complete CRAP.

For the record, the only thing above that IS true is that Shawn was given a polygraph because he was the last one to see her before her disappearance on December 27th. He is her MOM's boyfriend, not hers.

Unbelievable that people cannot take the 5 minutes to check their facts when they are reporting about something like a missing CHILD. :banghead:

I have very little faith in FOX after their faulty reporting in the Foster case.

Has it been confirmed that SA did take a LDT?

DPS helicopters were up...and now they are entering the home?? :(

He's posting under the name of the account owner-was it made private since I looked in? (If it's private you can't see the "wall" with comments)

You have to sign in as a user to be able to read the wall. But you do not have to be a friend of the account holder. It is public.

Forgive me if this has been answered as I am not caught up yet today, but have read 5 pages since it was asked a few times.... the uncle that did take LD was Clints brother IIRC

Everyone, I'm pretty certain that the Texas Rangers are a division of the DPS, so that could be the connection.

thank you yes they are! so the rangers are back at the home!

The Texas Ranger Division is a major division within the Texas Department of Public Safety with lead criminal investigative responsibilityhttp://www.txdps.state.tx.us/TexasRangers/

I'm seeing rumblings on FB about Hailey but haven't seen any confirmation and am not about to start a rumor. PRAYING FOR HAILEY!!!!

Kampfer, a former FBI agent himself, said he could not confirm any rumors swirling about who has or has not passed polygraph tests related to the disappearance. Different family members have made various unconfirmed and conflicting assertions about polygraph tests taken and their results.

http://www.ktxs.com/big_country_news/26391662/detail.html

That's scary. (The bolded bit.)
thank you for finding that. evidently, topix has a busy comment section regarding this city manager

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/colorado-city-tx/TDGHO6S8U8EN15REM

I wish I was more hopeful that a national show would make the difference in getting Hailey home safe, but am having such bad feelings about this case and don't think the outcome will be anything but local...:(

IMO it is the national coverage that has helped to call attention in a very big way to the ...problems...with the local PD. They can CYA all they want, but as long as CCPD did not have national media looking over their shoulders Hailey case was already sitting on a shelf labeled RUNAWAY.

CCPD apparently decided they had done all they could without even using such basic tools as cell phone records and thorough forensic searches of the home and vehicles. They could have done a better job looking up instructions on the internet if they didn't know what else to do!

Every bit My Opinion Only.:innocent:

ohhhhh...

sigh....

this is going down a road I have seen traveled over and over and I am not liking it.

Rumblings on which FB, not seeing anything new?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74