TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #52

Discussion in 'Hailey Dunn Reference and Timeline Forum' started by imamaze, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. For The Kids

For The Kids Active Member

In fairness doesnt Billie have a shaky work history? Ie why was she demoted from her original job again? Wasnt she actually working for quite some time as a nurse when she wasnt meant to be? I really dont think she needs to be talking about anyone elses work history.

MOO

2. TxLady2

TxLady2 Well-Known Member

She makes sense to me... :rocker:

I think the only distinction is between those who believe she is involved and those who don't. Doesn't matter if they're Texans or from Timbuktu.

3. mck16

mck16 New Member

And I am sure it took you only a moment to figure out what she meant. And you did not immediately think she had abused her child. In other words you understood and used you common sense. jmo

4. DeepThinker

DeepThinker Well-Known Member

I'm always "fixin" to do something, lol

I was raised with that phrase

5. mck16

mck16 New Member

Very well said and I totally agree. jmo

6. Velouria

Velouria Active Member

Yer dern tootin', teh!
    :cowboy:

7. redcat

redcat Former Member

BBM

Thank you for this....I don't get it either and couldn't figure out how to explain it clearly like you did! :clap:

8. passionflower

passionflower Just 1 tip to find a killer

will she have a job to go back to after admitting to the 'buying drugs' on
    jan 6 Affidativ?????

9. JBinPHX

JBinPHX Member

I think the "ease my mind" part has to do with her statement that HD was usually asleep on the couch when she left for work. When she didn't see HD on the couch that may have struck her as being odd. She then went to HDs room remembering she was watching tv there the night before and when she peeked in she saw HD in bed and that "eased" her mind. JB

10. katiemadonna

katiemadonna Active Member

Why do any of us look in on our kids? Even older ones and teens. We all do it. We know they are in there but we do it anyway.

If someone asked you why...how would you explain it?

It really makes no sense but we do it to make sure they are there, to make sure they are breathing etc etc. It is a hard one to put into words. IMO

11. KMouse

KMouse Well-Known Member

I hope that her employer has a policy regarding drug testing. If not they better be drafting one.

12. ThoughtFox

ThoughtFox Expecting the Unexpected

I see what you are all saying about Texas idioms not making any difference.

But you have to admit there have been alot of posts questioning every word she says because "no one would say that where I live." Come on - that's not a valid criticism, imo.

Of course she doesn't sound as if she's from New England or Seattle. :)

I don't like generalities of any kind. :( Not all Southerners talk the same. Not all Texans have exactly the same background in education or speech patterns - for goodness sake, it's one of the largest states in the union! Meeting someone with a law degree in Dallas is not the same thing as meeting someone from a small town, and in this case we have someone who just doesn't express herself very well.

Maybe I'm just in the mood to play devil's advocate today, but I'm really trying to see this from BD's point of view. It's not quite working for me based on the facts, because some of her statements are consistant while some are not. That's the real problem I see here.

13. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Former Member

Thank you! And how many actually go up to them and touch them or shake them and wake them up to see if it's really their child?

14. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Former Member

Are we allowed to discuss everyone's work history in this case? If so, I have a few questions about others.

TIA

15. TXHOPE

TXHOPE New Member

I understand what she means by this...probably because I'm from TX and I can translate. I check on my kids all the time to put my mind at ease. In the morning I always check in on them. It's just a habit. I want to see them safe and sound in their bed. I would never leave the house without at least peeking in on them.

16. JenRen

JenRen New Member

This might sound wierd, but I have to get this out because it's been bugging me all morning. First, I want to say that I do think SA's actions are very suspicious, and I would not be surprised if he had something to do with Hailey's disappearance. BUT...

The first thought in my head this morning when I woke up was if LE had really checked out all the RSO's in the area thoroughly. I woke up with feelings of fear over it, I don't normally do that. Did they go in their houses and check all the closets, attics, basements, sheds, garages, cellars, or did they just interview them, etc??

That town is infested with RSO's. Does anyone have a link of LE doing more than interviewing them? I guess the answers I have seen given in MSM are not satisfying my concerns.

Again, it wouldn't surprise me if SA had anything to do with this, I'm not making excuses for him AT ALL. It's just something that has been bothering me.

17. concernedmother

concernedmother Well-Known Member

She probably wont have a job for admitting that she was playing on internet and using all their copy paper to print out all those stories from work.
    I wont have one either if my boss finds out Im playing on WS.:rocker:

18. mck16

mck16 New Member

I woke up with the same thoughts and it that has Never happened to me. My thoughts were of someplace abandoned and that she could be between the wall boards. Was a very scary thought. jmo

19. Velouria

Velouria Active Member

I think that's the point For The Kids is trying to make. What does the work history of Billie or "others" have to do with Hailey being missing? And why did she feel the need to bring this up at the "press conference".

20. Velouria

Velouria Active Member

:shush::computer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.