TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did the same last year plus got a smart phone.........I admit I need HELP!!!
I confess that I am tickled that tomorrow I have a seminar presentation that requires the use of my laptop. I just hope that I can be a good girl and not log on here while other people are doing their presentations.

HAILEY deserves to be found. People need to keep that in mind. It almost seems spiteful to refuse to help a mother find her missing child because you do not approve of some of her choices.

Maybe she should ask the guy shes still friendly with where her daughter is? It sure would solve a lot of problems.

MOO

Me TOO!

I got the smartphone a couple days ago because there is no wifi at my office!

(OT: You can us the phone as a modem to tether your computer to the internet for free, using PDAnet -- depending on the make of the phone...)

Yall are all more than welcome to come and help in the search! We need to find Hailey.

Wish I could talk hubby into making the trip but right now we have four feet of snow in front of the camper.

I have not seen one news article today on this case. anyone else?

The fact thay they took the trouble to publicly declare Billie "Not a POI", the fact that they did not also take that opportunity to say the same of Clint or anyone else tells me something as well. :twocents:

Moo on everything!:seeya:

respectfully snipped

It tells me a lot that after 5 weeks, LE still hasn't taken Clint up on his offer to take a polygraph. :) JMO

http://www.snopes.com/crime/prevent/cellping.asphttp://www.snopes.com/crime/prevent/cellping.asp

One good piece of general cell phone advice is that should you find yourself lost in a remote area, even if you cannot raise enough of a signal to make a call, at least power up your phone periodically and leave it on for a few minutes to enable it to send out pings to nearby towers. The record of those pings will help searchers figure out where to look for you.

... a Verizon public relations rep ... asserted that the "Location On" setting does not turn one's handset into a beacon that is traceable whenever the phone is turned on, even if the user does not make any calls. He said that no matter which setting is chosen, the user still has to place a call to 911 in order for emergency services to locate him or her, and that enabling the "Location On" option only allows authorized applications other than 911 services (such as Verizon's Navigator and Family Locator systems) to determine a handset's location.

Another thing that can be useful if you a phone that can do it is text messages frequently go out in places where you can't make a call. If you can get a text message out there are apps you download for free (or a dollar) that will text your gps coordinates to anyone you enter.

I'm not worried, simply because the FBI and the Rangers (to name a couple) have been involved and have all of their own paper. As I understand it, both agencies are on stand-by should they be needed again. It sounds to me that they have one officer/detective working on Hailey's case full time. With any luck that LE is like I have been with this case...like a dog worrying a bone.
:cow:

My concern is what happened those first few days HD was missing. Did local LE assume she was missing? Lot's of evidence can go missing after the first couple of days if it wasn't investigated as a crime very quickly.

My concern is what happened those first few days HD was missing. Did local LE assume she was missing? Lot's of evidence can go missing after the first couple of days if it wasn't investigated as a crime very quickly.

This is a practice that I don't understand, or condone. There needs to be something in place to differentiate the probability of the lost one being a runaway, and if the probability is low, they should get on the ball and treat as a crime. mo

I just have to say, and I don't feel bad doing it....because Hailey loves them too,

108277765_crop_340x234.jpg

:great: Go Steelersssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

I just have to say, and I don't feel bad doing it....because Hailey loves them too

Well, sorry... It's OT but it is SuperBowl Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Green-Bay-Packers-Workout.jpg

This is a practice that I don't understand, or condone. There needs to be something in place to differentiate the probability of the lost one being a runaway, and if the probability is low, they should get on the ball and treat as a crime. mo

ITA. I think ALL runaways are endangered.

If the parents are not forthcoming and 100% honest when making that initial contact there is not much LE can do to make that determination. It automatically takes the focus off the child and much more likely that they child is going to get "They do this at this age, I am sure she will be home soon" brush off.

I cannot blame LE on this one personally.
There are still people right now that think she might have run away.
BD can't tell a sequence of events to save her life.
Who knows what she actually said when she contacted them.
She says now she was adamant she didn't run away but I am not convinced she didn't say something wishy washy and circular when making the report that gave them the brush off opening.

Haileys age and the way she was living in this dysfunctional mess it would not be a wild thought that she ran away or had just lied and was somewhere else. I would want out of there too.

A valid concern. I'm not going to criticize LE, because statistically speaking most teens do end up to be "runaways", or located with a friend or relative. We don't know when LE started to "smell a rat", at what point conflicting accounts of the timeline started to emerge. If HD was the victim of a soft kill, there would also be a lack of forensic evidence. Sparky said pretty early on that they didn't have a smoking gun..and without that LE's hands are tied in obtaining warrants because judges don't approve fishing expeditions. OTOH, for all we know more warrants were executed, and they were able to keep them from being released under FOIA. FWIW.

Oh, and :banghead:

That's an opinion by one poster, not a fact. All the recent articles, including interviews with the searchers, cite weather and exhaustion.

Nowhere in any article does it say that rumors have a thing to do with the slowdown.

So now we have a rumor that rumors are slowing the search down, started and being promulgated right here.

Hailey deserves her own forum. At this rate, she'll not get one.

I'm very frustrated.

I know how you feel BeanE. It's all frustrating. I can't get over the fact that there is only one LE officer working this case. Hailey's been cleared from being a runaway and is has been missing approx 6 weeks. Her case needs to be worked by LE. As far as volunteer searchers go, I hope more will be recruited.
(I also hope Hailey gets her own thread soon.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member