TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
An aunt living in another state is not going to be the first person that LE goes to interview. At the start they were thinking runaway, and interviewing locals.
Then SA jumped out at them as a prime potential suspect, just for the profile alone. Last to see Hailey, live in BF, does drugs, wears death masks for fun.

By the time they figured that out they went and got warrants with the stuff they already had. No need to add 3rd hand info from out of town relatives to get the warrants imo. That is stuff that will be used in court if the people testify or at the very least, the Grand Jury, where rules are lax.

If they were investigating it as a runaway initially one of the first things they would have done is interviewed family about possible problems, or checked with close relatives to see if the runaway had either contacted them or was staying with them. These people would have been spoken to early on by LE (assuming LE was competent of course).

SA doesnt have any property as far as I know, so he is not in a position to give permission for anything.

In any case, those searches are not to find Hailey, they are to find anything that might be construed as implicating him, even if it is unrelated. Implicit in the desire to search in specific locations is the acusation that he murdered her and dumped the body there. He knows this as does everyone else around him.

I disagree on 2 points.
If SA uses an address to receive mail, has a key, and/or parks a vehicle and leaves personal belongings somewhere, then he does not have to OWN the home for LE to search there.
And, the search may well be to look for Hailey. For all we know she is locked in a cellar somewhere. It has been known to happen, and his most recent death mask was based upon the COLLECTOR, which has that subplot.

SA doesnt have any property as far as I know, so he is not in a position to give permission for anything.

In any case, those searches are not to find Hailey, they are to find anything that might be construed as implicating him, even if it is unrelated. Implicit in the desire to search in specific locations is the acusation that he murdered her and dumped the body there. He knows this as does everyone else around him.

Absent the searches he remains a suspect. A search warrant precludes all the objections. On the other hand you have more fingers.

If they were investigating it as a runaway initially one of the first things they would have done is interviewed family about possible problems, or checked with close relatives to see if the runaway had either contacted them or was staying with them. These people would have been spoken to early on by LE (assuming LE was competent of course).

You are right. 'Close' relatives. But I doubt they would reach out to an aunt, out of state .when they had plenty of extended family right there to talk to.
And for all we know they did call and ask if Hailey was there. But that doesnt mean they interviewed anyone.
I am not as quick as you to write off all of these people who say Hailey feared SA. The main reason is that if you use plain old common sense it seems obvious that she would. The guy is proud of being kind of a freak. He waves it like a flag. So why would I doubt that she found his habit of watching hard core gory movies EVERYDAY kind of scary?
He says he 'loved her with all his heart, and she loved him with all her heart.'
I find that to be a really telling and creepy statement.

Yes it did happen and yes BD was there. I don't have a link to anything yet, but my boss did get an interview with Billie.

I guess she's getting good at press conferences,did she speak today?Was SA there today and was he interviewed,also?

I guess she's getting good at press conferences,did she speak today?Was SA there today and was he interviewed,also?

No SA wasn't there...he is still in Big Spring with mom as far as I know. Sadly there wasn't a big tunrout for the search today, imo because of nasty rumors that started last night. People don't realize all this is doing is hurting Hailey. SA has not moved back in with Billie, she has a brother staying with her right now.

I think I just had a flashback to my SAT exams:great:

LOL - sounds like one of those mind-bending math application problems when we had to determine the arrival times of trains & such! Ugh! I used to be good @ those, but, alas - I fear the math lobe of my brain has gone on permanent vacation. The only math I can muster these days is this: :countsheep:

Big Kudos to anyone who wants to tackle drive times, velocity, etc.

IIRC, Velocity = Distance/Time, but I don't think that will help to figure out why SA's cell phone pinged in C-City for a full 21 minutes on December 27 if he was only passing by C-City (after allegedly stopping by his g-ma's house) to access I-20, as BD now claims - unless he was driving REALLY REALLY REALLY slowly.

IMO - he didn't go to his g-ma's house that morning, but returned to 1804 Chestnut Street.

IMO - the BD/SA timeline has been adjusted to make it fit the cell phone pings.

Until the cell phone pings were publicized, BD was telling a completely different story regarding SA's movements on the morning of December 27.

http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/12/ng.01.html

GRACE: Question, if he were back at the home, is that the cell tower his phone would ping off?

WEED: Yes, police say in the affidavit that that`s the exact same tower.

GRACE: OK. Did you know that, Billie Dunn? He didn`t go straight to his mother`s. He went back to where the home is.

DUNN: I found that out last night watching the news. He told me the same thing that he went straight to his mom`s house in Big Spring.

GRACE: Now in his defense, to get from work to his mother`s, would he drive through Colorado City?

DUNN: No, I don`t think so. He could but it would be shorter to not come through Colorado City.

Thankfully, LE only included enough information in the affidavit to secure the search warrant, otherwise, who knows what else would have changed in the current version of the BD/SA timeline from what had been stated previously.

MOO

No SA wasn't there...he is still in Big Spring with mom as far as I know. Sadly there wasn't a big tunrout for the search today, imo because of nasty rumors that started last night. People don't realize all this is doing is hurting Hailey. SA has not moved back in with Billie, she has a brother staying with her right now.
Who's brother? Hers? Not the one that DD is staying with - is it? Also, do you know if BD and SA have seen each other - or are they still just being "friendly" on the phone?

Searchers aren't looking for Hailey because of anyone,but Hailey.It has nothing to do with BD and what she does.Rumors usually have some foundation to them,but it won't stop CD or the searchers out searching for Hailey.

I disagree on 2 points.
If SA uses an address to receive mail, has a key, and/or parks a vehicle and leaves personal belongings somewhere, then he does not have to OWN the home for LE to search there.
And, the search may well be to look for Hailey. For all we know she is locked in a cellar somewhere. It has been known to happen, and his most recent death mask was based upon the COLLECTOR, which has that subplot.

His residence is established to be with Billie.
They had a SW for that and the vehicles.
Grandma could volunteer to be searched but they do not have probable cause to forcible take over her house. They have to be able to show a judge why and what they expect to find, not just we want to look around.

Who's brother? Hers? Not the one that DD is staying with - is it? Also, do you know if BD and SA have seen each other - or are they still just being "friendly" on the phone?

One of Billie's brothers is staying with her. As far as I know they have not seen each other, but I don't know for sure if they have or have not. I was at the press conference where Billie said "they were friendly" and imo she said that because she was told to say that...jmo. I think LE is having her keep the lines of communication open..and if I were her, I would too.

She was "told" to say that? IMO...I don't think she was told to say that anymore than she's been "told" to say all the stuff about SA that she has. IMO They have been messages to him...she still loves him and wants him back.

His residence is established to be with Billie.
They had a SW for that and the vehicles.
Grandma could volunteer to be searched but they do not have probable cause to forcible take over her house. They have to be able to show a judge why and what they expect to find, not just we want to look around.

I understand. I just wish his family would allow LE to search.

If my son [ God forbid] was accused of kidnapping/murder, even though he has his own apartment, I would allow LE to search here because I KNOW my son would not be guilty.

Searchers aren't looking for Hailey because of anyone,but Hailey.It has nothing to do with BD and what she does.Rumors usually have some foundation to them,but it won't stop CD or the searchers out searching for Hailey.

Sadly in this town, lines have been drawn and rumors ARE effecting the search.

She was "told" to say that? IMO...I don't think she was told to say that anymore than she's been "told" to say all the stuff about SA that she has. IMO They have been messages to him...she still loves him and wants him back.

Yep..that's your opinion. But in my opinion, by how she answered the question, she was told to say that. I don't see any "messages" to him at all. But again..that's just my opinion.

One of Billie's brothers is staying with her. As far as I know they have not seen each other, but I don't know for sure if they have or have not. I was at the press conference where Billie said "they were friendly" and imo she said that because she was told to say that...jmo. I think LE is having her keep the lines of communication open..and if I were her, I would too.

I thought that press conference was about what Billie had to say-- only. LE did not stand beside her, and furthermore, the "friendly" statement was in response to a single question fired off. Seemed pretty unrehearsed to me. JMO

Sadly in this town, lines have been drawn and rumors ARE effecting the search.

BD, IMO has brought it all on herself. If people are getting tired of her, I can't blame them. Of course it's going to effect the search, people on here have been saying that, but BD and who ever is advising her are determined to do things their way..........it's not fair to blame "other people" for giving up.

I wish we had a legal expert on the board! I am not one. But, I don't know if LE has or hasn't been able to search SA's mom's home. We haven't heard about it, but I could see LE doing it a night or early a.m. to avoid attention. I believe the first affidavits were obtained and published under the Freedom of Information act by the media, but not sure that there aren't some that can be restricted for evidential purposes. I think there could be more going on behind the scenes than we or the press know. I hope so - I hope the answers and Hailey are found soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd