Found Deceased TX - Hamil Cody Ross, 33, left behind while driving to job site, Ector County, 9 Nov 2019

Gosh this is perplexing, mostly because of the many completely different accounts of how/where he went missing. I can understand some details being reported incorrectly at first until it gets straightened out, but completely different full stories of what happened? Hmmmm. Worried for this guy.

Yea I posted that on the Hamil page yesterday because we do not want people to forget the case. I will update you guys if we get any new information. Of course, I am waiting to be a verified insider. A comment of mine was deleted already because I am not considered a verified insider yet. I do run the Bring Hamil Home page, and I am in constant contact with a family member who is my best friend.
I was just telling my friend this morning that this case seems to just be fading away, which is sad because most people just get busy with life and tend to forget unless it is right there in their face.

I think giving some identifiable facts would help interest in the case.
Time and place he went missing.
(Example - around 10pm he was with the crew but “was left behind?” On Highway ___ near _____)
Why was he left behind?
Where did he call from? City/mile marker/ something to give a clue where he was.
Route that evening

The left behind is in the title of this case and clarification of those circumstances might help?

I think giving some identifiable facts would help interest in the case.
Time and place he went missing.
(Example - around 10pm he was with the crew but “was left behind?” On Highway ___ near _____)
Why was he left behind?
Where did he call from? City/mile marker/ something to give a clue where he was.
Route that evening

The left behind is in the title of this case and clarification of those circumstances might help?
True....I know they wouldn't want to give out the address of the witness, but if they truly believe it was Hamil, why not give general area he was last seen? What was his demeanor while at witnesses house? Which direction did he go when he left there? "Witness" has to be investigated, as he/she would have been last person to see him. I know L.E. has to be all over this, but not knowing is driving me crazy. I feel so bad for his family.

True....I know they wouldn't want to give out the address of the witness, but if they truly believe it was Hamil, why not give general area he was last seen? What was his demeanor while at witnesses house? Which direction did he go when he left there? "Witness" has to be investigated, as he/she would have been last person to see him. I know L.E. has to be all over this, but not knowing is driving me crazy. I feel so bad for his family.

We know it was Hamil because the phone number he called from the witnesses' phone was a family member. That witness had no ties to the family so they would not have the number that he called. By verifying the number, that's how they knew it was him. Not just by description. They were all so able to identify some interesting characteristics that his shoes have. Which has not been released because if you identify those characteristics we know it is him.

Last edited:
I’ve been very busy today to say the least. Thankful I was able to get it on Midland Crime Stoppers. I sure hope some tips come rolling in. Getting it on the NamUS site wasn’t hard, they just had to verify the information was correct through the sheriffs office. Fingers crossed this brings him home now.

Hamil was added to NAMUS today: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Original
Original

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact November 9, 2019
NamUs Case Created December 5, 2019
Last Known Location Map
Location Midland, Texas 79701
Midland County

Circumstances of Disappearance
Contact the Ector County Sheriff’s Office at (432) 335-3060
The Midland County Sheriff’s Office has posted a missing persons bulletin on Hamil Cody Ross. Ross, 33, of Odessa, was last seen Nov. 9. He is 5-foot-6, with black hair and hazel eyes. Last seen on Nov. 9 at about 2 a.m. on South Highway 349 near South County Road 1160. Anyone with information that could lead to the whereabouts of Ross should contact the Midland County Sheriff’s Office and ask for Sgt. Fuentes, 432-688-4620.

We know it was Hamil because the phone number he called from the witnesses' phone was a family member. That witness had no ties to the family so they would not have the number that he called. By verifying the number, that's how they knew it was him. Not just by description. They were all so able to identify some interesting characteristics that his shoes have. Which has not been released because if you identify those characteristics we know it is him.
I'm guessing given the above that Hamil didn't leave a message?

From Google Maps

https://www.google.com/maps/place/S+County+Rd+1160,+Texas/@31.8159319,-102.0223846,7221m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x86f9792a67b2fa79:0x7e3c01d770268ab3!8m2!3d31.834666!4d-101.9767838?hl=en-us

From NAMUS

The Midland County Sheriff’s Office has posted a missing persons bulletin on Hamil Cody Ross. Ross, 33, of Odessa, was last seen Nov. 9. He is 5-foot-6, with black hair and hazel eyes. Last seen on Nov. 9 at about 2 a.m. on South Highway 349 near South County Road 1160. Anyone with information that could lead to the whereabouts of Ross should contact the Midland County Sheriff’s Office and ask for Sgt. Fuentes, 432-688-4620.

Why would he leave this location at 2 am? Walking?
Was it the end of his shift?
It appears so desolate.
IMO... Nothing makes sense.
I hope Hamil returns to his family soon!

From Google Maps
https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...68ab3!8m2!3d31.834666!4d-101.9767838?hl=en-us
Google Maps

From NAMUS

Why would he leave this location at 2 am? Walking?
Was it the end of his shift?
It appears so desolate.
IMO... Nothing makes sense.
I hope Hamil returns to his family soon!

He was on 349, not 1160. 349 is very busy. Numerous oilfield related traffic 24/7.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back