Identified! TX - Harris Co., Human remains, 1008UMTX, in boat shed, Aug'73 - Michael Baulch

Yes, I did notice the similuarity.
It could be just the artist who did the reconstruction.
Who knows?
I still puzzles me,I know some of the victims didnt come from the strongest nuclear family units but alot of them had people that looked tirelessly for thier missing children.
If you had a child that went missing during the early 70's especially in Houston...
I know LE recieved calls from all over the country from the parents of missing children when the case broke.
I feel there is a good chance the three remaining victims may have been from elsewhere,runaways perhaps,on the road(We know Corll targeted hitchhikers too) in Houston and none of their people had the slightest idea where they were.
like perhaps Dermott Kelly.

I have not heard anything from Harris County. I assume they are waiting on the DNA results. I e-mailed the LaSalle county Sheriff's office today with the information and a request to see if they could locate any of Dermot Kelly's relatives with hopes of getting a DNA sample. Hopefully they will think the resemblance is close enough to follow through. Can't hurt to ask.

Thanks so much for following through with this Sugie.

News article: DNA has proven that one of the two remaining unidentified victims is actually Michael Baulch, who had previously been identified as a different Corll victim. The UID thought to be Michael will now be exhumed for DNA testing:

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7667015

To clarify, the remaining UID is this one: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1010umtx.html

This is the UID who was identified as Michael. At the time of this posting, he is still on Doe Network but is no longer on NCMEC: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1008umtx.html

Positively ID'd as Michael Baulch

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7667015

2841324290045078242S600x600Q851.jpg
2639067040045078242S200x200Q851.jpg

The victim previously ID'd as Michael Baulch is now classified as unidentified.

from the above link CarlK posted.

According to the Police News, brothers Michael Baulch and Billy Gene Baulch, Jr. both fell victim in the mass murders. Based on information available at the time of the investigation, the boys' bodies were identified and buried together. It has now come to light that the remains identified as Michael were not the right body. Of those bodies that had remained unidentified for decades, DNA testing has now shown one of those is actually Michael.

Ok I am confused, were the remains identified as Michael or not?

Ok I am confused, were the remains identified as Michael or not?

The UID who is the subject of this thread (DoeNet Case 1008UMTX)has now been determined to be Michael.

The remains in Michael's grave (erroneously ID'd as Michael), once again became a UID when Michael's body (1008UMTX) was identified. There is not yet a DoeNet case for the victim who was in Michael's grave, as he was previously thought to be identified.

In effect, we are trading one UID for another. One DoeNet case can be closed, but a new one must be created.

The UID who is the subject of this thread (DoeNet Case 1008UMTX)has now been determined to be Michael.

The remains in Michael's grave (erroneously ID'd as Michael), once again became a UID when Michael's body (1008UMTX) was identified. There is not yet a DoeNet case for the victim who was in Michael's grave, as he was previously thought to be identified.

In effect, we are trading one UID for another. One DoeNet case can be closed, but a new one must be created.

BBM, Ok, that is what I thought but wanted to be sure. Thank you Carl!

This is the first time I've seen a picture of the victim next to the reconstruction. I can't believe how different they are, especially considering how "real" the one reconstruction is. I frequent the UID threads almost daily and hear all the time that the reconstructions are usually very far off. Now I can gauge how "far off" the really can be. I wonder if reconstructions actually help?

So, should we be giving a BIG :woohoo: to Sugie?

This is the first time I've seen a picture of the victim next to the reconstruction. I can't believe how different they are, especially considering how "real" the one reconstruction is. I frequent the UID threads almost daily and hear all the time that the reconstructions are usually very far off. Now I can gauge how "far off" the really can be. I wonder if reconstructions actually help?

For more examples of side-by-sides of facial reconstructions compared to the persons they depict, see Porchlight USA's "ID'd Comparisons" section.

http://z13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightUSA/index.php?showforum=140

More often than not, they are reasonably close. But sometimes (like this example) they are completely off. It may be that Michael Baulch's skull was missing the mandible (i.e. jawbone).

Just read the Police News from above Post #28, it's awful to find out that the Baulch's lost 3 sons to violence death and all of them never make it to age 18. Michael doesn't look like 15 at all from the photo as he looked much older. His parents has to look at the skeletal during the autopsy whether the UID belongs to them by ID teeth, hair, etc. It's scary & upset situation for any parent by force to look at it knowing it's my love ones or not.

Just read the Police News from above Post #28, it's awful to find out that the Baulch's lost 3 sons to violence death and all of them never make it to age 18. Michael doesn't look like 15 at all from the photo as he looked much older. His parents has to look at the skeletal during the autopsy whether the UID belongs to them by ID teeth, hair, etc. It's scary & upset situation for any parent by force to look at it knowing it's my love ones or not.
Yeah their son Marvin died in a car crash in 1969 then in 1972 Billy Baulch and Johnny Delome were killed after Wayne Henley strangled Billy then shot Johnny in the face then had Corll help him strangle Johnny as well when that failed to kill him immediatley.
Reportedly Michael Baulch had been going around the Heights asking if anyone knew anything about his misssing brother when he eventually ended up at Corll's house in Pasadena and was killed there by Corll, Henley and David Brooks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyanO9600
Back