TX TX - Harris Co., UnsFem, 20-45, severed head found in bag in Lake Houston, Mar'18

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by Gardener1850, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

https://www.click2houston.com/news/human-remains-found-near-lake-houston-police-say

More details in this video: http://www.fox26houston.com/news/322515862-video

The remains were found in a black trash bag and had a head and hair. The person who found the remains said it seemed to be a young female. A gun was also found but it's unclear if the gun was in the bag with the remains or just in the same general area. Picture of the gun in the video.

bluenoser likes this.

2. Gardener1850

[h=1]Texas volunteers find severed head at lake, police say[/h]
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/25/texas-volunteers-find-severed-head-at-lake-police-say.html

bluenoser likes this.
  3. Tbone144

Tbone144 Well-Known Member

I am local to this, roughly 9 miles away. We don’t live on the lake but I drive by there every time I go into the “big town” to shop.
    I don’t think there is a lot of public access to the lake. There is a fishing spot on the other side that’s always busy. On the Huffman side (east side) there are lots of houses and a few businesses, a lot which flooded out with Harvey. The 1960 bridge is fairly big and wide and busy. Maybe late at night things get quiet, not out late at night. At 9 pm or so it’s still pretty well used. The water under it flows south so if some one was to toss something off the bridge I would expect it to wash up on the other side of the bridge. I guess they could have tossed it in near the edge and had it wash up quickly without much drift. There is another bridge further up stream that’s in the Kingwood area. The lake is pretty busy and the marinas would have access for someone to toss something overboard, most of the neighborhoods have private marinas. The private neighborhoods on that side are fairly nice. There is a wilderness park on the north side that you can pay to use that would provide lake access.

I share the story with my local pages as no one seemed to be talking about it. Obviously it’s all off the record but I’m keeping an ear out.

Laughing likes this.
  4. Tbone144

Tbone144 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Lets see if this works. I grabbed the picture from the news stories. He yellow dot is where the news seems to indicate the bag was found. Some locals are indicating the green dot is where they saw the forensic vehicle. They may be searching the shorelines in the area. The black circle is the wilderness area that I believe has boat access. Kingwood bridge is highlighted in blue. The 1960 bridge is 6 lanes across total. The lake has lots of floating debris post Harvey. It also has a few small islands. It’s a reservoir that’s backed up with a dam on the south side.

Attached Files:

5. whereareyou

whereareyou Well-Known Member

A mother-daughter duo found human remains while they were working as volunteer cleaning up a Texas lake on Friday, authorities said.
    The volunteers for Texas Adaptive Aquatics made the grisly discovery while cleaning the area near Lake Houston. They discovered a severed head in a plastic bag, according to FOX26 Houston.

The volunteers said they believe the head was of a young women with red hair. Homicide detectives could not confirm the age, sex or ethnicity of the individual, according to FOX26.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/25/texas-volunteers-find-severed-head-at-lake-police-say.html

6. Ray_of_hope

Ray_of_hope Verified registered nurse

OMGosh! How horrific! Hope they solve this ASAP.

7. whereareyou

whereareyou Well-Known Member

They also found a gun near by but not sure if it's connected.

Laughing likes this.
  8. meanmaryjean

meanmaryjean Verified RN (Pediatrics Specialty)

I think I would be scarred for life if I made a discovery like that....

Laughing, Suglo and wdmcmahan like this.
  9. DAnthrplgst

DAnthrplgst Active Member

I'll take "Things That'll Make You Poop Your Pants" for $500, Alex.

10. Gardener1850

[h=1]HPD: Volunteers find badly decomposed human remains in trash bag along FM 1960[/h]
    http://cw39.com/2018/03/26/hpd-volu...sed-human-remains-in-trash-bag-along-fm-1960/

11. Gardener1850

http://abc13.com/human-remains-found-in-trash-bag-near-lake-houston/3256050/

There does not seem to be any confirmation from LE that the head was severed. Waiting on more details.

12. GreenOrchard

GreenOrchard Member

A bit unclear on some of the details....what I would like to know if it was just a skull for instance or an actual head in an advanced stage of decomposition for instance . The gun of course , whether or not it was in the bag or not . If not I'd be inclined to believe it isn't connected , considering the head is removed from the rest of the remains that seems more likely at the moment that a sharp blade did the dirty work instead of a relatively small handgun .

13. coffeeandacig

coffeeandacig Well-Known Member

Wonder if this skull belongs to a set of remains, that have already been identified.

14. HTXfuerte

HTXfuerte Active Member

Reporters have told me it seems to be in decomp about 2 weeks.

bluenoser likes this.
  15. Gardener1850

http://abc13.com/volunteers-find-human-head-in-trash-bag-in-lake-houston-/3256050/

16. Gardener1850

17. Gardener1850

We need a more official source for that info. Do you have a link to a news story saying this?

18. HTXfuerte

HTXfuerte Active Member

[FONT=&quot]https://twitter.com/MarlaABC13/status/978692668107755520

I tweeted her to ask about decomp. Hope this is sufficient. [/FONT]

19. Gardener1850

Thanks! If the reporter is correct than the id can not be any of the Houston cases I listed above.

bluenoser likes this.
  20. HTXfuerte

HTXfuerte Active Member

There aren't any missing persons cases open for the area that have red hair. I'm trying to find out if it was dyed red or natural. Could be someone never reported, of course. Wondering if I should expand the time for my search (I looked from feb.1-present) ?