TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Curious Me Holy Cow!! I just read the DM article on "Devil's Breath." I had never heard of this drug before. If that was used, it would make this case even more complicated :confused:
Truly a most frightening drug, especially to all of us that so willingly talk to strangers to offer help. Yikes!! :eek:

Good theory. MF could have lied to HB that baby Margo was in the hospital -- probably told her she noticed Margo too was jaundice -- especially as they allegedly only spent one night at the birthing center. Of course HB would drop everything for MF to go to the hospital with her.
I think you meant baby "Luna" was in hospital. :)

HB had just left the school, why would they not call her? Especially since MF lived in Houston. Idk but I’m guessing the school needs the address of all contacts?
Again, I don’t think HB was the least bit concerned about getting in the car with MF. She had no reason to fear her bestie, the bestie that just watched her give birth. We have no idea what took place once the car left the lot. We’ve heard no reports of the vehicle driving erratically, so the driver evidently remained fairly calm. We did learn LE continues to search multiple locations between Austin & Houston. Are they looking for evidence or a suspect is what I’d like to know. All MOO
Heidi obviously did not think she and the baby were leaving the property. She had taken no provisions for the baby...diapers, formula, etc. She had also not taken any money, licence, no ID of any kind. Only keys and phone! Where would she think she was going that she only needed those two things??
Another thought I had was about the internet searches MF made. I personally made searches on Google for Heidi Broussard for any new information, and inevitably a Web Sleuths comment would be in the results. What if these comments or FB comments were driving her actions in that last week? Maybe she had no plan beyond kidnapping Margo.
Also I think labelling MF as Heidi's bestie is a pretty loose label. I have friends since grade school who are dear old friends, but not my best friend. My best friends live near me, we see each other or talk daily, we go out together. Not a long distance relationship like Heidi and MF had. jmo

I've walked away from this case so many times just to try to conjure up in what the heck circumstance would a woman with a newborn baby who was said by/from MF or others that she was having pain or problems breast feeding, and get into the back of a car willingly without my purse or baby items with a newborn etc. (and then sped off.)

The only thing this am that came to mind was back to over 40 years ago, when if someone picked someone up in an apt complex but left mid day like that was to go smoke a doobie where they wouldn't be seen in broad daylight. But, we have heard nothing of drugs associated with this case.

I've got NO other ideas, but I think it is so very key here how this happened in the complex. I want to know, and would expect jurors would want to know also when/if this goes to trial. So I assume LE is keen on this as we are.

It gives them more time once the person has been arrested (iirc, 175 days for a felony, 90 days for a misdemeanor in Texas) and it gives the perp time to think while sitting in the pokey to perhaps confess.
^^sbm

Also gives MF defense attorney the opportunity to test the waters with prosecutor's office for a hint of what they might get for cooperation.

( KK clearly met the legal definition of "accomplice" in the murder of K Berreth but was given an unfathomable deal to nail PF. She never even saw a jail cell and deal made before PF's arrest. Also suspect husband B Rothwell given incentive to give up the location of his wife after a long search by investigators unsuccessful. He won't appear in court until month-end).

In other words, it definitely happens.

MOO

She had also not taken any money, licence, no ID of any kind. Only keys and phone! Where would she think she was going that she only needed those two things??
^^sbm
I believed the same until the affidavit provided that MF had keys to HB's car & apartment. I think it's possible MF later planted the purse in HB's car. HB had her breast milk and MF could have prefaced there were diapers in the car.

Personally, I favor the theory that HB believed they were simply going to park the car -- never leaving the lot.

We may never know. Heck, HB could have asked MF to drive to look at a specific building with a vacancy, urging her new mom bestie to move to her complex.
^^sbm

Wait! They had a mutual friend that lived in the complex. SC told investigators he was not alarmed initially to see the car home as he thought HB walked to a friend's apartment.

I think you meant baby "Luna" was in hospital. :)

Oh, and since I did that post on fake silicone baby bumps yesterday, I must say that in doing that research I found another name for them.... moonbumps. Moon in Italian/Romanian/Spanish is = Luna!

And I had come across a website saying such with that Luna/Moon name for silicone fake bellies. *shivers* as to this gal.

Fake Pregnant Belly | Moonbump

Heidi obviously did not think she and the baby were leaving the property. She had taken no provisions for the baby...diapers, formula, etc. She had also not taken any money, licence, no ID of any kind. Only keys and phone! Where would she think she was going that she only needed those two things??
Another thought I had was about the internet searches MF made. I personally made searches on Google for Heidi Broussard for any new information, and inevitably a Web Sleuths comment would be in the results. What if these comments or FB comments were driving her actions in that last week? Maybe she had no plan beyond kidnapping Margo.
Also I think labelling MF as Heidi's bestie is a pretty loose label. I have friends since grade school who are dear old friends, but not my best friend. My best friends live near me, we see each other or talk daily, we go out together. Not a long distance relationship like Heidi and MF had. jmo

I’ve read hundreds of quotes referring to them as best friends. Obviously she was notified of Margo’s impending birth in time to get to the hospital. Idk how often M?f visited HB. I’m guessing a lot, since she was unemployed. all moo

HB had just left the school, why would they not call her? Especially since MF lived in Houston. Idk but I’m guessing the school needs the address of all contacts?
Again, I don’t think HB was the least bit concerned about getting in the car with MF. She had no reason to fear her bestie, the bestie that just watched her give birth. We have no idea what took place once the car left the lot. We’ve heard no reports of the vehicle driving erratically, so the driver evidently remained fairly calm. We did learn LE continues to search multiple locations between Austin & Houston. Are they looking for evidence or a suspect is what I’d like to know. All MOO
^^sbm
I believed the same until the affidavit provided that MF had keys to HB's car & apartment. I think it's possible MF later planted the purse in HB's car. HB had her breast milk and MF could have prefaced there were diapers in the car.

Personally, I favor the theory that HB believed they were simply going to park the car -- never leaving the lot.
Didn't know she had HB's car keys. I just have seen apartment key. But I agree... HB was not planning to go anywhere with MF.

I get it, I would just like to read that she thought it was HB.

That word *advertiser censored*/u/me ing has got me more than once ;)

I completely agree and think she may appear more affirmative to a jury when she testifies.

However, I also think it makes MW appear to be an impartial and credible witness. She made statements to police almost a week later and stated she wasn't sure if it was Dec 11 or 12th when she witnessed the incident.

Can't forget MF's fate will be decided on the totality of the evidence. I also believe MW's actual account -- most likely included in the search warrant application(s)-- was sufficient to help Judge decide on probable cause to sign off on the warrants.

MOO

I’ve read hundreds of quotes referring to them as best friends. Obviously she was notified of Margo’s impending birth in time to get to the hospital. Idk how often M?f visited HB. I’m guessing a lot, since she was unemployed. all moo
I've read that also from other people. Not from HB. But, that term could be a way to placate MF and she was probably on the list of people to notify re birth. She may have traveled to Austin for the birth, but that doesn't mean she was invited. We've seen remarks involving HB's mother and SC's father as far as her behaviour at the hospital. Maybe all HB's friends thought they were her best friend. HB seemed to be a very outgoing person who liked everyone and embraced all her friends in her circle. She made everyone feel important. I keep going back to MF being so insanely jealous of HB that her feelings morphed to hatred. How does anyone explain evil?

Didn't know she had HB's car keys. I just have seen apartment key. But I agree... HB was not planning to go anywhere with MF.
^^sbm

Described in the docs as Honda fob. (My cars are older but most cars I've rented over the last few years start with fob and no key in the ignition required). MOO

I keep going back to MF being so insanely jealous of HB that her feelings morphed to hatred. How does anyone explain evil?
. Unexplainable, for sure. I have always felt MF was highly jealous once HB reunited with SC. Then HB pregnant at the very same time HB’s boyfriend “splits up”, becoming her landlord. Misery loves company.
I do consider MF might have preferred to get a baby, any baby, thru a different avenue but was unsuccessful, leaving HB as her final option. Again, so many things could have went wrong. Wth was MF going to do if Tammy decided to stay a couple months, or HB decided to go home with her mom for a few weeks? Did MF go out trolling for new moms? Moo. If HB was her intended target all along I do be
I eve MF spent a lot of time with her. Reportedly she attended dr appts with HB. Which is weird that HB obviously did not attend MF’s.

the bestie term was used by HB on old FB posts I think. So that might be where media grabbed it. But iirc, SC called or texted MF when HB’s water broke. I think HB was invited, if not why was she allowed in? moo

I have friends since grade school who are dear old friends, but not my best friend. My best friends live near me, we see each other or talk daily, we go out together. Not a long distance relationship like Heidi and MF had. jmo

My "best friend" lives several states away - we've actually never lived in the same state. I see her 4x/year. So I don't think it's odd to have a "bestie" two hours away. Also, I think "BFF" and "Bestie" are used much more casually now to describe most people's friends - different from the sense of "best friend" I grew up with, but not uncommon, I don't think.

woman driver...

Another resident of the apartment complex told investigators that she saw a woman driving a car with the same description as Fieramusca's vehicle.
That resident identified Fieramusca as the driver of the vehicle she saw speed away

They tracked her social media movements and internet searches on her phone which included "Amber alert issued Austin," and "bodies found in Austin." Some form of "Heidi Broussard" was searched at least 162 times from a device linked to Fieramusca's email account, according to the affidavit.

Heidi Broussard: Friend tried to pass off slain mother's baby as her own, prosecutors say - CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike