TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, Fnd Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Fnd Alive, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
S&BBM- they really set the bar low for themselves, didn't they?

Pun intended, of course.

Well, given the case and evidence already found that the attorneys are working with, besides most likely they are dealing with the complex case of Capital Murder, they have to set the bar low. Their legal fights will be most likely during the evidentiary hearings, and the sentencing hearing if Magen is found guilty of Capital Murder.

Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE NO DISCUSSION

Death Certificate details at link above -- posted in media thread. Cites ligature strangulation as the primary cause of death and also car trunk where the deceased body located.
When you look it says the report is not completed and there is no secondary cause listed. in most all of the DC's I have seen there is a secondary cause listed, even if it was just a health issue that the individual had.
Before you ask, I have seen quite a few DC's because I was a late in life baby and my grandparents, as well as a few Aunts and Uncles have passed over the years. I have helped handle my Grandmother's funeral, planned my Aunt's when I was 22 (my paternal Aunt) and I just had another Aunt pass that I had to explain everything on the certificate to my Mother as she wants to make she neither I nor my children need to be checked for anything.

I agree - it's inappropriately gushy and strange. Makes me uncomfortable.

Agree with the recommendation of KVUE - they are quite good. (Also the only station that does local, not aggregated allergy sampling in Austin - allergy capital of the world) - they have produced some of Austin's most beloved reporter careers and lots of long term journalists.

The attorneys I've known are proud to be part of a "fair" system. It's a mindset I can respect but is sometimes hard to grasp especially in something horrific like this. I don't know if that's what they meant and just misspoke or there's something else going on.

When I watch the news, it's usually because of the weather, and nobody does the weather like Jim Spencer so we're usually on KXAN. It seems like a lot of people have issues with KEYE and their owners so I think they generally lag in ratings but I've not looked into that much so that's just my opinion.

When you look it says the report is not completed and there is no secondary cause listed. in most all of the DC's I have seen there is a secondary cause listed, even if it was just a health issue that the individual had.
Before you ask, I have seen quite a few DC's because I was a late in life baby and my grandparents, as well as a few Aunts and Uncles have passed over the years. I have helped handle my Grandmother's funeral, planned my Aunt's when I was 22 (my paternal Aunt) and I just had another Aunt pass that I had to explain everything on the certificate to my Mother as she wants to make she neither I nor my children need to be checked for anything.

I assumed it was understood the complete report is pending toxicology. Thanks as I have time to edit my post and add. Also, secondary cause of death is more typical for natural death than a homicide.

Lol this woman is something else.

First of all, she isn't innocent, she is PRESUMED innocent until proven guilty BRD.

Secondly, I know a lot of defense attorneys, and I've never heard one proclaim to be proud to represent a best friend murdering baby stealer. She's going to have to eat her words. She should really keep quiet.

And yes, I know I'm biased.
Thank You. I so agree with you. What an odd statement to make, given the circumstances.

I have heard high profile defense attorneys proclaim 'confidence' that they are going to straighten out the situation, and say they are 'ready' to get working and 'looking forward' to receiving discovery so they can do so.

But PROUD to represent someone with a beautiful young mother, dead in her trunk? SMH

I assumed it was understood the complete report is pending toxicology. Thanks as I have time to edit my post and add. Also, secondary cause of death is more typical for natural death than a homicide.

That's true HOWEVER, they can also list what they find in the toxicology in the secondary. Ex: if it is found that an individual had been drugged they would/could place that in the secondary as an underlying cause as one of the two factors lead to the result of the decadent.

Had a friend commit suicide and they had Primary: carbon monoxide poisoning Secondary: cocaine and heroine (the chemical compounds) listed. YES, I know suicide is different from homicide, but contributing factors all the same.

A happened as a result of B is basically how it would present.

The attorneys I've known are proud to be part of a "fair" system. It's a mindset I can respect but is sometimes hard to grasp especially in something horrific like this. I don't know if that's what they meant and just misspoke or there's something else going on.

When I watch the news, it's usually because of the weather, and nobody does the weather like Jim Spencer so we're usually on KXAN. It seems like a lot of people have issues with KEYE and their owners so I think they generally lag in ratings but I've not looked into that much so that's just my opinion.
My Dad was a defense attorney, and as kids we were confused, when we realised he was working for 'the bad guys.'

He would carefully explain to us that our Justice System is based upon a profound principal.

EVERY single defendant will be given a robust, fair, impartial advocate, so that they can have a fair and just trial, and not be assumed Guilty just because of what the state sets forth.

We have all seen cases here where one person seems to be undeniably the guilty party, and then more facts come in, from the defense, and they are eventually cleared.

I am glad when I see a robust defense, unless of course it is dishonest and deceitful... *cough..Jose
Baez...*cough....

That's true HOWEVER, they can also list what they find in the toxicology in the secondary. Ex: if it is found that an individual had been drugged they would/could place that in the secondary as an underlying cause as one of the two factors lead to the result of the decadent.

Had a friend commit suicide and they had Primary: carbon monoxide poisoning Secondary: cocaine and heroine (the chemical compounds) listed. YES, I know suicide is different from homicide, but contributing factors all the same.

A happened as a result of B is basically how it would present.

The Certificate of Death is in-fact noted as "Ready" -- without noting any contributory cause of death (i.e., secondary cause).

Not to be confused with the autopsy report that is not complete pending toxicology report.

Case Status

uhm...am I the only one that finds it disrespectful to stream a Funeral/wake/visitation on TV?? Even just reporting from outside the funeral home or interviewing someone INSIDE the funeral home?? SMH I think I have lost faith in all humanity.

I agree that they are doing important work - but that wording is odd.

And yes on Jim Spencer - Central Texas' Jim Cantore :)

uhm...am I the only one that finds it disrespectful to stream a Funeral/wake/visitation on TV?? Even just reporting from outside the funeral home or interviewing someone INSIDE the funeral home?? SMH I think I have lost faith in all humanity.
Yikes. I still can't forget little Paris Jackson being pushed to a microphone at her father's funeral. Can we not leave them alone for her funeral? Do we really need to see Heidi's family right know? Come on.

KPLC doesn’t get much big news in our town. They have to look for things to do. Lol

It’s so pointless. But regardless, Heidi and/or her family knew pretty much everyone in this area. If they don’t know them, they have mutual friends. (We don’t know them, but have many many mutual friends so we’ve followed the case closely.)

Yikes. I still can't forget little Paris Jackson being pushed to a microphone at her father's funeral. Can we not leave them alone for her funeral? Do we really need to see Heidi's family right know? Come on.
They had someone stream from outside the funeral home as the people went in. I guess it went for an hour on the Heidi Broussard facebook group. I hear they had permission, but still, it's one of those times that a family wants their peace and solace. To me, it seems to be a violation of said solace and privacy and takes away from their grieving

KPLC doesn’t get much big news in our town. They have to look for things to do. Lol

It’s so pointless. But regardless, Heidi and/or her family knew pretty much everyone in this area. If they don’t know them, they have mutual friends. (We don’t know them, but have many many mutual friends so we’ve followed the case closely.)
I can understand knowing everyone, I live in a town like that, but to broadcast such a sad thing honestly feels disrespectful. IDK maybe I'm just an old soul that doesn't feel like that's an appropriate thing.

They had someone stream from outside the funeral home as the people went in. I guess it went for an hour on the Heidi Broussard facebook group. I hear they had permission, but still, it's one of those times that a family wants their peace and solace. To me, it seems to be a violation of said solace and privacy and takes away from their grieving

I can imagine the family has been in the news so much, and they know how many people around here have been praying for them, that the news being outside on the sidewalk filming the outside of the funeral home wasn’t a big deal.

I haven’t watched the footage, I just had a Facebook notice they had gone live with it but it doesn’t look especially interesting. Seems they took care to stay out of the way, at least. I’m sure they’ll stream at the civic center tomorrow evening too.

I can understand knowing everyone, I live in a town like that, but to broadcast such a sad thing honestly feels disrespectful. IDK maybe I'm just an old soul that doesn't feel like that's an appropriate thing.

The reporters kplc has on the street are so young and fresh, from a totally different generation. They don’t see it the way we do. I totally think it’s ridiculous also, but I think the family probably really didn’t care at this point. The least of their worries. Looks like they got pretty ripped on Facebook for doing it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member