TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #4

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by CathyinTexas, Dec 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tuliptiptoe

Tuliptiptoe Well-Known Member

Aside from his father no friends, family, or neighbors have come out in support of him either.

moo

2. CrimeDawg123

CrimeDawg123 Well-Known Member

Transcript of first full Fox7 interview with SC:
    Reporter is on the phone conducting the interview. In the room with Shane is at least one cameraman, and probably at least one second reporter or news staff person. Possibly his Dad is there also. I can’t tell who is there, and I can’t tell who in the room is talking, so I have labelled them “Reporter” for the woman on the phone, and “Camerman/Reporter2” for the other people talking in the room with SC.

Reporter: <unintelligible>

SC: Yes it's my fiancee, yes ma'am. Yeah I look down when I talk I'm sorry I'm only looking down the whole time probably.

Reporter: .. what kind of day was it...<unintelligible>

SC: Just a basic Thursday, we have basically have a routine every day. I get up around 6:00 a.m. and pretty much hit the snooze button a couple times and then I finally wake up around 6:15, drink some water, uh, wake up the kids around 6:30, wake up Heidi and Silas right before I leave, uh. So like once I got them up on Thursday it's kind of a later morning it was around 6:40 whenever I got them up and cause it was Heidi's first day to actually take Margot by herself with uh Silas so first gave Heidi kiss, the baby kissm and Silas a kill, said 'have a wonderful day', left the Apartments, went to work and then she takes her kids to school and she she was making lunch like right before I left, uh. Uh, she took the kids school so, I don't know, ah. Uh so at around 8 o'clock she called me, answered the phone like right before I got in my truck, I work for Unicorn Moving, so she called me around 8:00 and she told me that she went to the book fair, she bought three books, costs about $25, it was amazing that she couldn't wait to read to Silas and I told her ‘I love you goodbye’ and uh… This is hard.

Reporter: Take your time

SC: Yeah. So uh… Oh man. I don’t know right now. I’ve just been repeating it all day

Reporter: Let me know if you want me to move on to another subject

SC: No, no it's a good question, it’s just that we’re in a situation right here. So I don’t know. I don’t know, she’s just an amazing mom. I don't know. Pause. I don’t know. I need to stand up, I don’t know, I can't sit here, this is making me so … I feel funny.

Cameraman: Do you want … standing…

SC: I don't know, yeah, I’m not good in this situation, uh, yeah …

<SC STANDS>

<CAMERMAN REFRAMES CAMERA>

<INTERVIEW RESUMES>

Reporter: How long have you and Heidi lived in Austin?

SC: So we've been living in Austin, we moved from Louisiana about five years ago. So we’ve been here so what about five years? I believe so, …

Camerman/Reporter2: Yeah, something like that, yeah, yeah.

SC: Four or five years. We came from Louisiana, long story short my ex-wife with my beautiful daughter Addison came down here as soon as my dad got cancer. He's cancer freed now, that’s not the main story but yeah. So we were on the pipeline traveling so we had to come down here so we moved back to Austin, all my family's here so.

Camerman/Reporter2: …Don’t do that man. I know it’s hard to not be swaying… <unintelligible, trying to get SC to stop moving>

SC: OK yeah. I’m sorry.

Camerman/Reporter2: No, you’re doing great.

SC: OK yeah.

Camerman/Reporter2: I just want you to look good.

SC: Yeah, thank you. So uh yeah, we moved down here about five years ago.

Reporter: <unintelligible>

SC: Yes I found amazing friends… oh this is so hard <he can’t hear the reporter>…I can’t pick up the phone? Did you say did I make any friends?

<Lots of overtalking while they coach him to pick up and hold the phone so he can hear the reporter better>

SC: Yeah yeah yeah okay so it's like I'm uh I'm originally from Austin, like I want to Leander high school…

Camerman/Reporter2: Just pick up the phone and then just hold it.

SC: Just hold it? OK, so just down here.

Camerman/Reporter2: Yeah

SC: So I basically went to Leander high school, I I like already have friends over here and they have been very supportive since what happened with Heidi and Margot. It’s hard to <?look up?> But uh…

Reporter: Is there anyone in Austin who you don’t have a good relationship with? <unintelligible>

SC: Uh there's nobody now where this is, we have a loving and great family, Heidi has great friends, she is the most awesome person in the world, loving mom, she supports everything everybody does, she could have like four dollars in the bank account and just still want to give. So she's a great person, so is Margo our beautiful three week old daughter, so uh yeah. There's no no enemies there's there's nothing that would be negative or anybody would want to harm us at all. No.

Reporter: And was Heidi, you know, the morning she weant missing, was her demeanor any different, or ..

Camerman/Reporter2 <they talk over reporter>: Should I get some kleenex?…Do you want some kleenex?...

SC: No, I’m good. Yeah. What's that <to the reporter on the phone>? I’m sorry.

Reporter: The morning Heidi went missing, did her demeanor seem any different? Or was it, you know, just like a regular day for her too?

SC: It was a regular day so like what I was trying

Camerman/Reporter2: Make sure <?> that phone down a little bit?

SC: Oh. OK. So like what I was trying to explain it was a normal day, it was uh I woke up at six like I pretty much do my thirty minutes of my routine right before I get them up, they get a little extra 30 minutes of sleep and then I get them up and then my fiance Heidi wakes up with the kids and we start making lunch, or she started making lunch and I kissed them goodbye, told him have a great day school, and then I pretty much leave for work, and then once I get to work by the time she drops him off I'm like getting to my trucks around like seven forty seven forty five and we always made contact like right before I get in my truck and then go to work which they just went to the book fair and they bought three books it's like twenty five dollars and she couldn't wait to read to Silas whenever she whenever his house got home we just bought three brand-new books which is right here inside the house and that's the last time I actually made contact with her.

Camerman/Reporter2: Shane so drop that phone down a little bit, try to talk <unintelligible>

<They talk over each other while readjusting SC>

SC: It doesn’t feel natural at all.

Camerman/Reporter2: I know, I know, I’m sorry.

SC: It’s like … doesn’t feel natural.

Camerman/Reporter2: I know.

SC: OK, um. Um. What was the next question?

Reporter: Yeah, yeah, can you just talk a little bit more about when and where was the last time you saw Heidi?

SC: Yeah it was actually like before I left this morning at 6:40. I left the house at 6:40. Um. Yeah. <distracted by the light> Yeah I like I left the house <unintelligible, ?gonna look at the light?> I lef the house at 6:40 and that's the last time I spoke to my uh son yeah I can't this is this is weird …

Cameraman/Reporter2: I know, I know.

SC: You’re moving my dad, you’re …

<talk over each other>

SC: Like I can't be professional, okay I'm I'm gonna call you back or something <says to reporter on the phone>.

SC: I don't know what to do man you make me nervous <walks off camera>

Cameraman/Reporter2: Do you want a different phone?

SC: I don’t know. <raises voice> I just want to be natural, man, I just want to like, this is not, I don't know…

<Video stopped>

<Video started. Shane now back in camera>

Cameraman/Reporter2: …try to look at the camera, where you want to look at …<unintelligible>

SC: Yeah, man I’m sorry.

Cameraman/Reporter2: No, you’re doing OK…. <they talk over each other>….

<Is this possibly his dad speaking?:>…no pressure, no nothing, if it works it works, if it don’t it don’t. That’s just the way we gotta do it.

SC: I just want to get the word out there I don't care how I look.

<talking over each other>

SC: OK

Reporter: Yeah, so my other question was um is there anything important of Heidi’s that’s like missing right now, like is her cell phone there, um you know anything valuable missing…

SC: There's nothing valuable missing, her purse and her wallet and everything was up here, her cell phone is missing it’s been turned off whenever I pulled up around 1:40 it's been off since then. So uh like the car seat, everything is upstairs, there's no signs of anything. There’s…

Reporter: Alright, and um how like how long have you and Heidi been together, I mean as long as you’ve known her, has she ever disappeared before? Has she ever you know, just you know gone off the grid? Or anything like that?

SC: No. No ma’am, she would never disappear, she is an amazing mom she would never we have a six-year-old son named Silas, beautiful kid she would never leave him. Nah… she would never do this. She just she wouldn't do this.

Reporter: If you could confirm a couple of details though, how old is Margot?

SC: Margo, uh she was born on the 26th of November, so three weeks, how? Yeah three weeks, about three weeks.

Reporter: OK and um this is one of my last questions, but, you know, if you could say anything to Heidi right now, like if she was gonna watch the newscast, what would you want to tell her?

SC: I want to tell her to uh please come home, you know your family's here, she wouldn’t do this. I'm not telling her this. I'm telling for the sake of the family, she has a beautiful kid, she has beautiful family, a beautiful dog named Zeus, she uh she would not do this by herself, she would she would not be doing this. This is definitely something that happened that was wrong, so anybody that could share, post, do anything, one second helps to save a beautiful family, beautiful kid, just anything you could do, just reach out. If you don't know me, I don't care, if you see the post, if you see this news, reach out keep your eyes open, just be open-minded. Anything suspicious, do anything you can to help. Please. This is a three week old baby out there, and a mom, and a son that’s missing her mom, and family.

Reporter: And if you could say anything to the person that she and Margot might be with, what would you say to them?

SC: Her and Margot might what? I’m sorry.

Reporter: If you could say anything to, you know, the person that she might be with, like the person, cause you said she wouldn’t do this on her own. So if you could say something to the person who may be involved in the disappearance … <unintelligible>

SC: If you’re involved, uh, I don't care, uh set her to the side, she’ll find her way home, just bring her home safe, or put her somewhere safe, her and the baby just feed the baby, only three weeks old. Just find a way you won't be in trouble, just drop her off, she has a beautiful family. Drop her off anywhere, I don't care, just make sure she's safe and okay, and the baby's okay. And then right away I don't know. I just want her home safe, doesn’t have to be here, just drop her off somewhere safe. If it is somebody, just please come home, or drop her off by my doorstep, I don’t care. Just bring my family home.

Reporter: Alright Shane, well that was all of my questions. Um, if there is anything else you wanted to say or wanted to talk about? Anything that I missed?

SC: No just I love you Heidi, I love you more … Just anybody that could support us in any way possible. I’m about to be off, so there's any support any old friends, share, post, like, anything, contacting anybody if you see her, just do whatever you can, we definitely appreciate it.

Reporter: Well Shane, thank you for taking the time to speak with us. It’s been a very difficult interview. We greatly appreciate it. Um, and yeah, we’re going to get the story out and hopefully they’ll come home soon. So thank you again for the interview.

SC: Yeah thank you so much.

<end>

Factoria, GDUD, Hoosgirl and 45 others like this.
  3. Blondiexoxo

Blondiexoxo Well-Known Member

I doubt we've heard everything her closest friends had to say. If LE were thinking that possibly Heidi had been harmed but Margo was alive, they wouldn’t want any information getting out to the media about their investigation just in case the suspect panicked and fled with Margo, possibly even harming the baby too out of desperation. They will avoid another Josh Powell case at all costs.
    JMO

4. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

Why waste precious time and resources when there's much more important things to work on? JMHO

SkylarSid likes this.
  5. Fox1202

Fox1202 Active Member

I never post, just lurk, but this story has really captured my attention.

So I suffer from severe anxiety and part of that for me is a terrible “nervous stomach,” and during stressful periods I struggle to sit still, I pace and sway and tend to move a lot because it distracts me from the fact that it feels like I literally have snakes slithering around IN my stomach. So I personally can give him a pass on the movements and overall fidgetiness, because I get it. It drives people in my life absolutely bonkers but it distracts me from barfing my brains out everywhere out of stress. If he’s innocent, I cannot even fathom the amount of stress and fear and despair he’s feeling emotionally and physically.

The smiling - yeah idk about that.

I tend to think that perhaps an accident occurred gravely injuring the baby, and the mother was gravely injured afterwards in a bout of rage. By whom, I can’t speculate. MOO and I pray that I’m wrong and that they are holed up in a safe house somewhere.

I do have to say though, the media’s reporting on this case is maddeningly sloppy and an absolute travesty. Reporters are so desperate to be “FIRST!!!” that they aren’t concerned with correct details - their marital/romantic status; the spelling of the baby’s name; the son being theirs together and his daughter being from a previous marriage; the did school call or did not call - who the hell even knows because the reporting is so sloppy, inconsistent and doing a disservice to the people involved.

*steps off soapbox*

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    cedgison, 303gmf, NWLady and 27 others like this.
  6. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

I don't know. It's curious. Maybe he's staying in another apartment there? MOO

7. Megan44

Megan44 Active Member

It is weird, it reminded me of Patrick F going to the bank with his friend to see security footage.

303gmf, NWLady, Mauge and 18 others like this.
  8. momrids6

momrids6 JUSTICE FOR JENNIFER

Have we heard who is the primary owner of the acct? I missed it if we did. I am the primary owner- and have ready access to all of my lines' information, including my husband's and my sons'.

Edit- I thought they said T-Mobile store. I have Verizon, so ? about T-Mobile

9. Dee10

Dee10 Well-Known Member

FBI joins search for missing mom, newborn

"There is an independent search group with people and technology that is waiting for the FBI to give them the green light. A church group is also going out this weekend to continue their own search."

10. iluvmua

iluvmua Well-Known Member

People laugh at inappropriate times.

It doesn't mean anything.

11. Alathea

Alathea Well-Known Member

What's bothering me still:

If she were missing, he'd have given a better description of her. What she was wearing. All we know is a purple shirt. Was she wearing jeans? What was the baby wearing?

He was one of the last people to see her, even if he is innocent. If LE thought she were missing why no search crews, or is that too difficult in a city?

If he were overtaken with anger and something occurred by accident to both her and the baby, he could still be showing remorse now (thanks, @gitana1 ). He might be afraid to tell the truth, if that were so.

When he says near end of long video, while pleading with whoever might have her to "just drop her off" and "she won't be in trouble." That's an odd and controlling thing to say. Nothing about her coming home willfully?

The mention of the cost of the books (more than once) is troublesome, and that he said "it was okay" that she spent that money. Particularly with the mention of "if she only had $4..." or "she only had $4...". Did he feel she was TOO generous with her money?

His insistence that her phone was shut off because it went to VM at 1:40 - and his not trying to call her # after that, not even after thinking she was "missing" - is very troublesome. There is no way to know if a phone was shut off (rather than a temporary dead battery, or out of area, etc) unless one shuts it off oneself.

12. CrimeDawg123

CrimeDawg123 Well-Known Member

I just want to encourage everyone to read the transcript as you watch this interview. I was harshly critical of SC but having gone through the pain of transcribing this, I now realize just how screwed up this interview was. Fox7 should be ashamed of themselves for this clusterf*. I still think SC was off in the interview but the complete unprofessionalism of the reporters/crew is beyond the pale. This never should have happened IMO.

13. iluvmua

iluvmua Well-Known Member

I think the media is messing up a lot of things in this case.

Jmo

14. Tuliptiptoe

Tuliptiptoe Well-Known Member

I’ve been wondering if shoes are missing or not. If she is barefoot it would decrease chances of her having gone on a walk, or wandering off in a sleep deprived ppd haze and making it any great distance.

moo

15. margarita25

margarita25 I like taking naps with my dog

Some thoughts on this.

If he is on the account, then it could save a lot of time waiting on LE and warrants, and perhaps provide a lead for everyone to get started on ASAP, should he not be responsible for their disappearance. I don’t see him going to the store for the phone records as potentially hinky as others seem to. To me, this can be viewed as being proactive and smart. Wouldn’t any of us do the same thing if our loved one was missing? We know that sometimes it can take time for phone warrants to be processed and approved. Pings, last calls made, etc. are 101 and can be really important as we know. Going directly to the source makes sense to me, when considering a scenario that he is innocent. Going to the store directly would be more efficient than trying to talk to people on the phone. Going directly to the source is something I would do to eliminate all the bs of talking to people low on the totem pole over the phone.

Conversely, if he is guilty, then obviously this would be a way for him to see exactly what’s on paper that LE may eventually see, and come up with a story or whatever to account for that, and as mentioned above, to give off appearances of being helpful, etc.

ETA:I feel the same way about looking in the dumpsters to not necessarily be suspicious also, as I think a lot of people would do this if they’re combing the property of last seen for any sign. I’d look under ever nook and cranny around there. However, perhaps his phrasing about this is odd.

ETA2: Now as for “not caring about his phone” ringing, that’s the big one for me. Jmo.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  16. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

LE seem confident the apartment/vehicles are not vital to her missing. Jmo based on SC still there.
    Plus, bringing in out of state LE. Hopefully this will end well. A Christmas Miracle.

17. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

If it had never happened, if there was never any LE activity at this house, IMO the officer would have flatly stated that since they don’t want rumors flying around.

18. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

If it had never happened, if there was never any LE activity at this house, IMO the officer would have flatly stated that since they don’t want rumors flying around.

19. Fox1202

Fox1202 Active Member

It’s a Texas thing. I grew up there and it’s a very prevalent turn of phrase. It drives me insane because I don’t think it’s grammatically correct at all and honestly sounds dumb IMO. But to address it, it’s very common to hear people use “whenever” when they should use “when.”

20. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

A "like" isn't enough! Amazing work and thank you so much. MOO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.