TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting word out is much different than doing interviews.
I would attend a press conference. Maybe answer questions that have very little to do with me personally. I'd go to searches and vigils. I'd cooperate with police.
I'd never do an interview on television so every single thing I do can be scrutinized. Don't you think the entire experience would be painful enough? Why put anyone out there like that?It is almost like the media does it on purpose. They put these people in the most uncomfortable settings and make things as awkward as humanly possible. I just feel bad for the guy. Until he is a suspect or there is evidence against him- I just feel like he is simply a human being living an absolute nightmare and he deserves some compassion. He does. His family does. Her family does. Her son does.

The media is in the business of making money.

Therefore, they have to show stories that draw the interest of their viewers which requires having live human beings tell those stories.

If anything, in this case I believe the press has failed to ask some hard questions so the fiancee has been given a break.....You say potahtoes, I say potatoes. Remember Chris Watts.

Last edited:
Because the victims matter more than the self interests of that loved one putting themselves out there.

It’s a selfless act.

If I was missing and my closest loved ones were too selfish and and self absorbed to withstand the scrutiny of media attention, and get the word out about me, they’d wish I was never found when/if I ultimately was. :D

I can’t fathom not doing that in this particular situation, especially knowing how important that media attention is.

Marginalized people bemoan this fact when a case like this hits home for them. They fight and claw for every second of attention.

And for good reason. It matters.
ITA it is only about the victims IMO - anything that brings attention to the VICTIMS is the priority IMO

I don’t think so because I’ve never had it so never used it but both can be true :)

When ANY user makes a post or replies to a post, on the left side right beneath the text of post you will be the user's name, the time lapse of the post (both in beige text color), and Report (blue text color).

When user clicks Report, a box with dark border appears where you type the reason you're reporting the post.

The reported reason is only seen by a WS moderator who decides how to handle the post -- i.e., snip/modify, delete, or do nothing about the post you've reported.

Hmm. Well, there's a house in Katy, TX, allegedly owned by his dad that the friend Heidi once wanted to move into.
Yes, but did he really have access to it now? Heidi was going to move into it....but it looks like she didn't. So is someone now renting it? Or is it sitting empty?

Now Heidi's parents have begged for their safe return, with mom Tammy telling KVUE: 'We miss all of them very much, and we want them home. So, anybody who has her, please let them go – just let them go – and it'll be alright.'

She added: 'Heidi wouldn't do this, there's no way. She loves her son Silas and she would never do this, and she would never take Margot down those stairs without her carrier and have her strapped in and her diaper bag strapped to her back.'
'Bring our babies home': Parents of missing Texas mom make tearful plea as FBI steps up its search | Daily Mail Online

Dog on the balcony came from FB, as did door found wide open.

Thanks to FB and sloppy media that uses social media to compile it's stories, it's the usual mass of confusion. Just be glad you don't follow BIG conspiracies where the disinfo is put out there deliberately. Unfortunately, I don't think we're going to know anything until it comes from LE.

Sorry, I thought SC said doggie on balcony. Mistake.

Yeah, you know... when they held the press conference and a reporter specifically asked if SC was a POI, the cop said nobody was ruled out (not an exact quote). I wondered why he wasn’t ruled out as a POI, because by then they knew when he was supposed to be at work, and they knew when she was at the elementary school. They knew when she left the school and roughly when she got back to the apartments since they are certain she arrived there. It shouldn’t be difficult AT ALL to verify his alibi and take him off the POI list.
Yes, I know....
Yet they haven't ruled him out...

I agree. And the one article with a statement from a neighbour said they had been back 3 times??? That to me isn't just a check, they have reason to believe someone in that complex may be responsible. JMO

replying to myself ... lol

I lied, they were there 4 times!!!

SA (initials of neighbour), who has lived in the complex for about a year, said FBI agents visited her apartment on Wednesday afternoon and also asked to search her home and her car. That was the fourth time they visited, she said.

Search for missing Austin woman, infant draws feds' interest, social media speculation

ETA: I took out the neighbours name and just put initials.

Last edited:
Bump
(please let me know if there are mistakes, I enjoy doing transcription but it is not my profession)

The only edit is removing the name of the company SC said he worked for, I believe it has caused problems on the threads, so it has been removed to prevent more problems)

On the phone: reporter MSM
In the room: SC, SC's dad, and several production crew.

Interviewer: Shane just tell us basically what happened, and, um, is she like your fiance? We just weren't sure.

SC: Yes it's my fiance

Off camera crew: (unintelligible)

SC: Yeah, I look down when I talk, sorry, I'm gonna look down the whole time prolly.

Interviewer: So just tell us about the day your fiance and your baby went missing, like what kind of day was it, was it a regular day?

SC: It was just a basic Thursday, we basically have a routine every day. I get up around 6am, and pretty much hit the snooze button a couple times, then I finally wake up around 6:15, drink some water, wake up the kids around 6:30, wake up Heidi and Silas, right before I leave.
Once I got them up on Thursday, it was kind of a later morning, around 6:40 when I got them up, because it was Heidi's first day to take Margo by herself with, uh, Silas. So I pretty much gave Heidi a kiss, the baby a kiss, and um, Silas a kiss, said, "have a wonderful day", left the apartment, went to work. Then she takes the kids to school. She was making lunch like right before I left. Uh, uh, she took the kids to school. I don't know, uh, um.
So at around 8 o clock, she called me, I answered the phone, like right before I got in my truck, I work for [removed for privacy], so uh, she called me around 8, and uh, she told me she went to the book fair, she bought 3 books, cost about $25, it was amazing, like she couldn't wait to read to Silas, and uh I told her "I love you, goodbye"
And, uh, aw man, this is hard [laughs]

Interviewer: Take your time.

SC: [clears throat, laughs]
So uh, aw man, I don't know right now. I just been repeating it all day.

Interviewer: And let me know if you want me to move on to another question.

SC: No, it's a good question, I just, this is just a weird situation right here, it's just, I don't know
[laughs]
Uh, I'm not-
I don't know, she's just an amazing mom.
Uh, I don't know. I'm gonna pau- I don't know. I need to stand up, I don't know. I can't sit here. I.. just, this is like, just making me so, I feel funny.

Crew off camera: You want to stand now?

SC: There's like light, I don't know, yeah, I'm not good in this situation. Uh, yeah.

Crew off camera: Yeah, we can stand up. I'm gonna re-frame a little bit because he wants to stand up, so it'll just take a second. I'm gonna stop the camera

<cuts>

Interviewer: So how long have you and Heidi lived in Austin?

SC: So we've been living in Austin, we moved from Louisiana, uh, about 5 years ago. So we been living here, what about 5 years. I believe so, four or five years.
SC's Dad: yeah something like that, yeah
SC: Um, we came from Louisiana. Long story short, my ex wife, with my beautiful daughter Addison, came down here as soon as my dad got cancer. He's cancer free now, that's not the main story, but yeah. So we just kinda, we're on the pipeline traveling, so we had to come down here, so we moved back to Austin, and all my family's here, so.

Crew off camera: And Shane as much as, I know its hard you, but gotta talk to your dad yeah, and I know it's hard to not be swaying and all like that, you're doing great, but, I just want you to look, I just want you to look good. (more than one person is talking to SC)

SC: Yeah. So yeah, we moved down here about 5 years ago, and uh-

Interviewer: Living in Austin, have you made good, great friends with people here (or is there anybody that you've had issues with?

SC: Yes I found amazing friends, I start- aw this is so hard, can't I pick up the phone?

Off Camera: That thing's not very loud.

SC: did you say I made any friends?

Off camera: I mean you're from Austin

Interviewer: Have you made any friends?

SC: Yeah yeah yeah, so, ok, its like, I'm originally from Austin, like I went to Leander highschool so I-

Off camera: Hey Shane just pick up the phone and hold it, and try to talk to your dad yeah-

SC: So I basically went to Leander highschool, and I already had friends over here. And there had been very supportive since what happened, uh, with Heidi and Margo. Uh it's hard to look up (?)

Interviewer: Is there anybody in Austin who you don't have a good relationship with, or anybody that you have issues with?

SC: Uh, there's, there's nobody. We have a loving and great family, Heidi has great friends, she is the most awesome person in the world, uh loving mom, she supports everything everybody does.
She could have like four dollars in the bank account and still want to give, so she's a great person. so is Margo, our beautiful 3 week old daughter <crying>, so yeah, there's no enemies, there's nothing that would be negative or anybody would want to harm us at all. No.

Interviewer: And was Heidi, you know, the morning she went missing, was her demeanor any different? Um was she acting normal that day?

Off camera: Do you want some kleenex?

SC: What's that?

Interviewer: The morning Heidi went missing, um, did her demeanor seem any different, or was it just like a regular day for her, too?

SC: It was a regular day, it's like, what I was trying to explain-

Off camera: Hey Shane let's drop that phone down a little bit.

SC: So like what I was trying to explain was, it was a normal day, it was uh, I woke up at 6, I pretty much do my 30 minutes of my routine like before I get them up, they get a little extra 30 min of sleep, and then I get them up, and then um uh my, uh fiance, Heidi, wakes up with the kids and we started making lunch, or, er she started making lunch and I kiss em goodbye tell em "have a great day at school" and uh, <deep inhale> then I pretty much leave for work, and then once I get to work, uh, by the time she drops him off I'm like getting in my trucks around 7:40- 7:45. And we always make contact like right before I get in my truck and then go to work, but today she went to the book fair. And there she bought 3 books, it's like 25 dollars, um, and she couldn't wait to read to uh, Silas, uh whenever she uh, whenever Silas got home. We just bought 3 brand new books which is right here inside the house. and uh, that's the last time I actually made contact with her.

Off camera: Shane just, let's drop that phone down a litte bit, try to talk to your dad, take maybe like a step or two closer to the camera, awesome thanks, I know it's tough, I'm sorry

SC: It doesn't feel natural at all.

Off camera: I know, I know, I know, I'm sorry.

SC: It doesn't feel natural. Ok. um. what's the next question?

Interviewer: Yeah, could you talk a little more about when and where was the last time you saw Heidi?

SC: Yeah it was, uh, actually like before I left this morning at 6:40, I left the house at 6:40, um yeah. Uh, like I left the house. uh. yeah, I'm gonna look at the light, I left the house at 6:40, uh, and, uh, that's the last time I spoke to my uh, my son. <laughs> Dude I can't, this is weird.

(something is happening off camera, his dad is being moved)

SC: You're moving my dad. I can't be profession- I'm not. Dude. I'm gonna call you back or something. I dont know what to do man, you're making me nervous.

Off camera: Do you wanna try a different phone?

SC: I don't know man. I just want to be natural, this is not, I don't know.

<cuts>

Off camera: Just try to look at the camera where you wanna look at it. Whatever you wanna do Shane.

SC: I look down, I'm sorry.

Off camera: That's okay, do that, whatever you can do, just do it, no pressure no nothing, if it works, if it don't it don't that's just the way we gotta do it.

Interviewer: So my other question was um, is there anything important of Heidi's that's missing right now, like is her cell phone there, is there anything valuable missing?

SC: There is nothing valuable missing, her purse and wallet and everything was up here, uh her cell phone is missing and it's been turned off. Whenever I pulled up around 1:40, it's been off since then. So uh, like the car seat, everything is upstairs, there's no signs of anything. Theres -

Interviewer: How long have you and Heidi been together, I mean as long as you've known her, has she ever disappeared before has she ever gone off the grid, anything like that?

SC: No, no ma'am, she would never disappear, she is an amazing mom, she would never, we have a 6 year old son named Silas, beautiful kid, she would never leave him, she would never do this, she wouldn't do this.

Interviewer: Just to confirm a few details how old is Margo?

SC: She was born on the 26th of November, so 3 weeks, about 3 weeks.

Interviewer: Ok and this is one of my last questions, but you know, if you could say anything to Heidi right now if she was gonna watch the newscast what would you wanna tell her?

SC: I wanna tell her to please come home, you know, your family's here. She wouldn't do this, I'm not telling her this, I'm telling this like for the family, she has a beautiful kid, she has a beautiful family, she has a beautiful dog named Zeus, she would not do this by herself. She would not be doing this.
This is defnintiely something that happened that was wrong so anyone that can share post, do anything, one second helps to save a beautiful family, a beautiful kid, just anything you could do. Just reach out, if you don't know me, I dont care, if you see the post, if you see this news, reach out, keep your eyes open, just be open minded, anything suspicious, do anything you can to help, please.
There's a 3 week old baby out there, and a mom, and a son that's missin her [sic] mom and family.

Interviewer: And if you could say anything to the person that she and Margo might be with what would you say to them?

SC: Her and Margo might what? I'm sorry.

Interviewer: If you could say anything to the person she might be with, because you said she couldn't do this on her own, so if you could say something to the person involved in the disappearance?

SC: If you are involved, I dont care, set her to the side, she'll find her way home, just bring her home safe, or put her somewhere safe, uh her and the baby, the baby, she's only 3 weeks old, so just find a way, you won't be in trouble, just drop her off, she has a beautiful family, drop her off anyhwere, I don't care, just make sure she's safe and ok, and the baby's ok, and then ride away, I don't know
I just want her home safe, it doesn't have to be here, just drop her off somewhere safe. If it is somebody, just please come home, or drop her off at my door step, I don't care, just bring my family home.

Interviewer: Alright Shane well that was all my questions, was there anything else you wanted to say or talk about or anything that I missed?

SC: No, just, uh, I love you Heidi, I love you Margo. Just anyone that can support us in any way possible, I'm about to be off, just any support, any old friends, share, post, like, anything, contact anybody if you see her, just do whatever you can, we definitely appreciate it, I think that's it, I don't know.

Interviewer: Well Shane, Thank you for taking the time to speak with us, and for doing a very difficult interview, we greatly appreciate it. And yeah, we're gonna get the story out and we hope they come home safe. Thank you again for the interview.
<ends>

edit to add: I felt it was helpful to get the audio transcribed from everyone including the interviewer to give a more complete picture of the setting and what questions prompted which responses.

I am more than happy to help with any further transcription work.

Yes, but did he really have access to it now? Heidi was going to move into it....but it looks like she didn't. So is someone now renting it? Or is it sitting empty?

Beats me.

So --- hypothetically --- if SC has been ruled out as a POI, how long do you think it would take for that news to get out? IMHO the silence re: him is telling but maybe I am just assuming they wouldn't announce it. In every case I have followed, LE has announced it asap.

I was hoping that it would get cleared up before it grew legs lol I know we don't always agree on these cases @RANCH, but nice to see you :)

What do you think has happened in this case? Right now I'm leaning towards the abduction for the baby scenario, but I am open to all possibilities, including the BF, I just don't have the same feeling as many do about him.

Same.

Or Heidi was the intended target

Something that's niggling at me, and bothers me... Is after I read the interview (thank you to ever did that!!) I am concerned that he starts out telling us what a normal day usually looks like. That's not what they asked him. They asked him what happened that day. Again he tells us what usually happens in the morning.

But even that has something off about it, if HE's Mom had been there for some time, then it still isn't a normal day...

What I got out of that-- that he actually did... was wake her at 6:40 kiss her and say goodbye.

I agree it wasn't like everything stayed exactly the same this past month. Nothing was typical, IMO.

Margo was born on Nov. 26th. Heidi's mother was there for awhile. A new baby in the house changes everything especially normal schedules. Heidi was probably adjusting to a lot. How much was he helping out? He said it was the first morning she was taking Margo to drop off Silas. Was she taking her son to school without taking Margo along before that day?

It wasn't a normal day, like you say, unless you look only at his habits that he is able to tell over and over. (snooze button, drink water, kiss, kiss...) Who normally walked the dog? Who got up in the middle of the night with the baby?

Getting the facts leading up to her disappearance out there was of utmost importance. The reporters didn't ask him enough questions, and he didn't have any priorities as to what was important-- not that darn snooze button info. I should not have so many questions after watching all his interviews. I hope he gave better answers to LE.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members