TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO she probably wasn't killed in her apartment because its improbable that she and the baby were carried downstairs in broad daylight. So what are we missing?
Did she take the baby back downstairs later to leave to go somewhere? To flee? But as she was getting in the car, someone prevented her and he took her keys and cell. Her purse was in the car as I remember it.
Jeez, a struggle outside then!? Still that would be noisy.
I'm stuck.
Hoping she's safe somewhere. :(
I'm beginning to think Heidi went somewhere with someone after she came back from drop off. The scene at the apartment was staged to be as Shane described it.

But what about under these specific circumstances. Newborn is also gone. Purse and diaper bag and car seat and car and money left behind. For hours. At what point would you be concerned? With a newborn in the mix and everything except the phone eft behind.

That’s the big issue for me. I know many people aren’t as paranoid as I am. But with a baby?
When my son was born, we lived in an apartment complex. I knew lots of people. I was always visiting someone or they were visiting me. I would make the rounds with the baby and show him off. I wouldn’t take a diaper bag cuz I lived close enough to take him home for a change or a bottle. My hubby worked all kinds of crazy overtime hours so it was a crap shoot when he came home so I wouldn’t have felt I needed to be home at a certain time for him with the baby. He wouldn’t have thought it was odd if I wasn’t home and the car was there.

Seems like someone could do something terrible and regret it .. their emotions would be genuine but not necessarily innocent
MOO

Yes. I 100% agree. But for some reason many people tend to think someone must be a sociopath and to kill. And devoid of all human emotion. Remorse. Guilt. Fear. Regret.

I actually think the sociopathic killers are more rare. But their cases are hard to solve. The ones where the person who kills feels a level of regret or shame or grief over it are greater. But they tend to solve quickly. Most are more like this:

Man, 18, in Custody After Allegedly Stabbing 19-Year-Old Girlfriend to Death in La Habra

Those kids of yours need pictures of their mama ❤️
Oh, I know. My oldest daughter sneaks pics of me with all of the others and daughter #4 takes some as well so I am in one's with my first daughter... I still don't like to see them but she has many. Since they all live near the University in the same house, they all can see them. I just avoid the pics when I am there. I know Christmas she will be ready with the camera...

I'm with you on all of this, especially given that SC said that it was HB's first day out with the baby!

HB and baby no doubt were tired by the time SC got home too which to me makes the entire situation even that more surprising too. It seems that for the first day out that the school trip might have been enough and that it would have been reasonable to expect HB to head straight home. You wouldn't expect the first trip out to be a whole day away from home IMO and this is another reason I'm not 100% on the timeline presented by SC. Where else could HB have been other than the friend's apt? We know the friends apt wasn't checked. Where else would HB possibly have gone with such a young infant? I'm not sure whether she would have even taken the baby to her place of employment to meet with coworkers yet? IDK. If the car and car carrier were at the apt, its not possible to conclude that she is anywhere except in the vicinity of her apt IMO. If the carrier were missing then perhaps an argument can be made that HB took the baby and was perhaps picked up by a friend etc. But this scenario is blown up by the baby bag being in the apt.

Given these facts about the HB items left in the apt/car, I'm surprised that LE didn't go door to door in the complex immediately? Perhaps they had CCTV and were able to see what needed to be seen? IDK.

SC made no mention of post partum issues with HB as sometimes these issues take time to manifest and can be severe particularly if they veer into the territory of psychosis. IMO it was a big deal for even an experienced mom to venture out with an infant for the first time and she was no doubt hyper aware of everything happening around her and no doubt tired after the book fair and so it seems to make sense that she returned home and didn't leave or go far.

MOO

I’m hopeful LE did search the whole complex and questioned any friends or neighbors.

It is possible that she had a friend in the complex. And that she did go to see the friend. Maybe in the morning. And that the friend did something to her. And that there are no signs of struggle in Heidi’s apartment or anything amiss because nothing happened there.

She could’ve popped over real quick.

It happens. Usually with kids though. Like Sandra Cantu. Waking across her complex one minute and taken by the neighbor the next.

Maybe someone had a grudge. Maybe someone wanted the baby. Maybe someone’s significant other or friend was there and decided spontaneously to make a pass and do something.

I’m open but not very high on my list at this point.

Could somebody please be so kind as to bump the Apt. complex link again? Is it confirmed that there are no garages that one can rent for an additional fee a month? I’m asking in terms of tools, containers, etc. Tia.

Also, do we know which unit they are in? The reason I ask is because I’d like to see the unit on a map and see not only the entry and exit points to the complex, but also how close (or far) the closest parking area is. How far would one have to walk from the apartment to the closest place where a vehicle could be parked or pulled up?

Also, where are the storage units that are associated with the moving company where he works? I think this question is within TOS because he states which moving company he works for. If not, my apologies please delete.

Last edited:
When my son was born, we lived in an apartment complex. I knew lots of people. I was always visiting someone or they were visiting me. I would make the rounds with the baby and show him off. I wouldn’t take a diaper bag cuz I lived close enough to take him home for a change or a bottle. My hubby worked all kinds of crazy overtime hours so it was a crap shoot when he came home so I wouldn’t have felt I needed to be home at a certain time for him with the baby. He wouldn’t have thought it was odd if I wasn’t home and the car was there.
But SC only mentioned one friend in the complex.

A few candid observations about the interview. He mentioned he scoured the trash, did he mention he searched the apartment first, or the grounds from the car to the apartment? Occams razor comes to mind drawing straight lines. If you lose something you so not run around a pond. Was he anticipating someone didn't try to steal the car? He mentions alarms and drinking water etc while waking up that day, but no mention of the sleepless night after his family went missing, and did he eat breakfast? He looked well rested. A few other observations would be his laughing and smiling, Is this even possible given the dire circumstances? Could anyone else here bring humor into play in this situation?
Heidi has left the premises we assume, did she go somewhere with S in his car? Only his cell phone will tell that if he had it and it was turned on. Once the crime scene is set up, cars, apartment, grounds of apartment etc some light will come here if it gets to that. The other observation that her family has become invisible so far is very telling, After all this is their daughter and granddaughter. Yet, his Father was present....For who? Then there is the Gofund me raise some money overnight account, all set up within 48 hours, what an amazing feat, Lets round up all the old facebook friends and pass the hat.....Raising money would be the last thing I would think of when my family had disappeared, I would hope that someone close had done that for me.

In the outdoor interview, he is asked how the apartment was left. He said "it was like she was home.... Her purse was upstairs."

Then he said it was unusual that he left her car door unlocked... "with her purse still inside her car with all the money still inside it."
Yes! Changing his story. This worries me...

Don't you think that the police representative at the press conference tomorrow is going to have to say something to the community regarding their safety or lack thereof? I mean, will the representative say that women with small children need to be vigilant, or will s/he say that there doesn't seem to be a cause for alarm? I wonder how a question like this will be handled.

I have an answer to that

(Finding link moo)

—-
ETA: Here are some thoughts on this I posted in the first thread:

What I’m waiting for is in the PC if when a reporter asks if the community is in danger, is “At this time we have nothing to indicate that there is a threat to the community....but of course the community should “remain vigilant” and report any information they have to Law Enforcement...”

Actually, I don’t think they’ll use the word “vigilant” bc they usually say that when there is an active predator who is nonfamilial, but they might, moo.

—-

Point is, if they say they don’t think there’s a danger to the community, then we know what that means.

Last edited:
I’m hopeful LE did search the whole complex and questioned any friends or neighbors.

It is possible that she had a friend in the complex. And that she did go to see the friend. Maybe in the morning. And that the friend did something to her. And that there are no signs of struggle in Heidi’s apartment or anything amiss because nothing happened there.

She could’ve popped over real quick.

It happens. Usually with kids though. Like Sandra Cantu. Waking across her complex one minute and taken by the neighbor the next.

Maybe someone had a grudge. Maybe someone wanted the baby. Maybe someone’s significant other or friend was there and decided spontaneously to make a pass and do something.

I’m open but not very high on my list at this point.

I’m bothered by no mention of the friend beyond him saying she had a friend in the complex he thought she went to (without any baby items). He pointed to the direction of the friends apartment, but didn’t mention speaking with the friend. He talks about dumpster diving, and sitting out front asking if anyone saw anything suspicious, and going to T-Mobile,but never once mentions if he had any contact with the friend he thought she was visiting. It seems like he would say something like “she has a friend that lives over there, but when I knocked on their door they hadn’t seen her.” It’s bizarre. Moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolibery