TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching the videos I’m not sure what to think. I do feel confident that the $25 for the books keeps coming up because he feels guilty about his reaction to HB spending the money at the book fair.

all in moo

Just catching up, apologies if repeating...

Agree that the books, and the $25 paid for them, is possibly an issue somehow. SC ' but that was alright...'

Iirc, in either the raw intvw footage or the pavement intvw footage, SC , while trying to describe Heidi, says at one point...( Paraphrase) ' ...even if there was only $4 in the bank, She would give it to someone who needed it...'

I def feel that there are money issues, either the control of it or things were tight ( esp with a new baby to care for etc)

Well I’m just down the road in Houston and I still can’t get a mental picture of what this means. Is it a George Foreman grill? (Now, tell us you’re going to nuke it for a few seconds and I’m with you.)
I thought of the George Foreman grill as well! Probably just means “grilled” in a pan like a grilled cheese though?

And she would have been so mad or devastated, she stormed off with the baby and he feels guilty. :/ . With that scenario, she could be staying with someone and she's made contact her parents and/or with LE to let them know she's okay and that's why they haven't made any statement or issued an Amber or Clear warning.
I was thinking along those lines, but that she and the baby are not ok and in contact with anybody. :( They are definitely missing b/c there’s no way LE would bring in the FBI and Texas Rangers if they knew she was ok.

Well I’m just down the road in Houston and I still can’t get a mental picture of what this means. Is it a George Foreman grill? (Now, tell us you’re going to nuke it for a few seconds and I’m with you.)
Hopefully, you were being humorous. It made me smile. Probably because when I think grill, i think outside grill.

Color me confused as well. Just started following this case so maybe I'm missing a piece of the puzzle but I don't understand the purse being in the car and the keys inside of the house along with the car seat. It's as if someone used the keys and the car to take her and the baby away, then left the car seat and the keys inside the house afterwards. Scratching my head here.
bbm
Agreed.
Maybe I am over-analyzing here, but my car keys and house keys are on a little key-chain and are always in my pocketbook (except when they are in the car ignition while I'm driving). Always. The key-chain has a little clasp that hooks to an attachment in my pocketbook. And I never leave my pocketbook in my car. That's just me - maybe it's a bit obsessive, but it works for me and has for 30 years or so.
I find the purse/keys/car-seat locations a bit odd in this scenario, and it does not seem very reasonable or convenient, but, again, maybe it works for her. My DH knows that my keys are always in my pocketbook -- he never goes into it (no one does except me), but he knows that's where they are.

Little details can be important...

The sandwich thing is not odd to me.

He gets the call to pick up his son and starts getting nervous now. Gets his son, gets home. The kid is tired and hungry and maybe whining while SC is panicking about HB and the baby. SC wants his son to quiet down so he can focus on making phone calls so he gets the food ready before calling friends, his dad and finally the police.

The book fair call does not stand out either. My kid had her first book fair this year so i discussed a budget with my husband. After the fair, i called and told him that i went over it. Money is not tight for us, i just let him know whenever i spend more than we planned.

Also the dog on the balcony makes perfect sense. A dog and new baby is a safety issue. It is responsible to only have them together when supervised.

Just my thoughts on a few commonly discussed topics. Not trying to say SC isn't suspicious.

A lot of this is hard to comment on because we don't know HB and her routine/tendencies. I'm a homebody so my husband woukd know something was off if i wasn't home. Nobody would panic at all if my sister was MIA for a bit because she's very social and always out and about

I just want to throw this out there as well. They have a 2 week old baby. I know they have other kids and maybe it’s a breeze to them but a newborn causes so much fatigue and confusion I do wonder if this is why there are so many consistencies with what the fiancée said happened that day. The days all mash into one when you have a baby and you live on such little sleep, maybe he is getting some things confused. Having said that though why would you go into such detail if you were that tired and unsure if that was the case. He mentions a lot of little details and the times they happened and I find it hard to believe you would remember all that, but like I said maybe they weren’t finding life to challenging with a newborn. I can tell you I have no idea what order I did things and at what time this morning and my baby is 6 months old.
Jmo! also do we know what he does for work? What was his job that day?

He wasn’t talking about trauma. He wasn’t discussing a traumatic memory of abuse years later in therapy. He was in the middle of experiencing the trauma. I’m sorry but that’s different.

A person may smile when talking years later about how they were beaten as a child. But when they were being beaten they weren’t smiling.

He is in the middle of experiencing trauma. Not processing it. Or he should be. At this moment he should be feeling extreme desperation. A white hot and electric fear. A dreadful, sleepless, hellish limbo.

There is no smiling at that time.

You may very well be correct. I posted the article as general info on laughing/smiling seeming out of place in a certain context. I would also remind you of the poster from the UK who said she began laughing at a terrifying time and ended up getting assaulted as a result.

Just going to say, again, that I don't know and I refuse to imply guilt or accuse someone who may be innocent unless I'm more certain. I hope more is learned tomorrow.

OMG thank yoooou Mods for opening this thread back up. Thank you @Tricia for giving specifics on what exactly is allowed to be said.

Here is something I’m very concerned about (for lack of a better term):

I’m only a few seconds into this video and I find it odd that his cell phone is ringing and he doesn’t even look at it. Sure it could be an unimportant call, but it could also be Heidi, the police calling with information, a hospital calling. This to me is one of the biggest flags yet - he says “I don’t care about the phone”, doesn’t even look at it. Sure the media interview is important if he’s trying to get the word out but YKWIM.

He may look at his phone later in the video, as I said I’m only a minute in but can somebody please give a reasonable explanation as to why you wouldn’t even LOoK at your phone in a situation like this. I would be GLUED to be phone jumping at every single call. Moo.

Video:
Boyfriend of missing Austin woman, baby speaks out
He could have specific rings for specific people. I do not know if that is the case, but I have had rings for different people, and he could have known the caller by the ring tone and was going to call back.

I don't have children, but I'll butt in anyway. First thing, I'd take the baby, purse (phone inside purse or pocket) and the keys to get into the house. I'd leave any purchases for after getting the baby safely settled in the house. I know it's easy for me to say, without benefit of sleep deprivation and baby-juggling, but I can't imagine leaving a baby or any child in the car while taking in objects. Yikes. I judge.
100% agree with you and I have 8 kids. NEVER leave a baby in the car or kids. Take them in first, the groceries or other purchases can wait!

bbm
Agreed.
Maybe I am over-analyzing here, but my car keys and house keys are on a little key-chain and are always in my pocketbook (except when they are in the car ignition while I'm driving). Always. The key-chain has a little clasp that hooks to an attachment in my pocketbook. And I never leave my pocketbook in my car. That's just me - maybe it's a bit obsessive, but it works for me and has for 30 years or so.
I find the purse/keys/car-seat locations a bit odd in this scenario, and it does not seem very reasonable or convenient, but, again, maybe it works for her. My DH knows that my keys are always in my pocketbook -- he never goes into it (no one does except me), but he knows that's where they are.

Little details can be important...

Even people who might be a little loose-goosey about what they leave in their cars on a private driveway would be more careful in an apartment complex parking lot, especially one near a freeway.

It would be interesting to see how much crime has occurred at these apartments and how aware of it the residents are.

Last edited:
I've read every post in thread 1, and 2. Thanks for all of the provided links.

I really dont have an opinion either way. Like always I'm waiting for the facts to come directly from LE.

Hopefully they will have some in tomorrow's press conference.

As an aside: Does anyone remember the case where a mother, and her child, (I believe her child was a little girl), was getting out of their vehicle to go into their home or apartment, and were attacked when the suspect saw them alone? I think it happened the first of this year or maybe last year. Anyway I cant remember if the suspect wound up killing them both or gravely injured the mother iirc. :( For some reason this case reminded me of that particular case. It also happened during the daytime hours too iirc when the victims had just come home. He may have sexually assaulted the mom or little girl. Gosh I hate it when I cant remember the specifics about a case. If anyone does remember it TIA! I don't want to discuss it at all. I just want to know which case it was.

I pray both Heidi and her precious baby are found alive, and safe!

Jmho
Good to see you again!

Strangely enough, both cases have a Heidi in them, only one was a child and the other is a mother.

I thought of this situation occurring as well. This is why I am nervous to commit to one thought because we have no facts given to us by LE so far. I admire them for doing a great job looking for both mother and daughter, but it would be nice if just one of them had done a press conference sooner than tomorrow, to clear up some facts here.

We don't even know if there is a crime scene yet, and if there is one, where it occurred.

For all that we know, she could have taken off on her own free will with the baby, but that seems unlikely, especially with a new born. I also can't imagine Heidi leaving her son behind, if she did leave.

<modsnip - YouTube info is not approved>

All that we do know for a fact is that Heidi was last seen at the school at a book fair around 8:15 AM. We have no idea when she got home, to my knowledge that has not been mentioned by LE or in any MSM articles. Even though her car, purse, etc is found in the apartment, and we can assume that she made it home, as her belongings, the car seat, and the books were there.

Just Heidi and Margot are missing. That's really about all that we know at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member