TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, gotcha! I thought it was a school environment with your lunch sitting out.
Yes. Most lunch boxes do not have an ice pack that would last ten or more hours to keep the sandwich cool. It would be like bringing home your leftovers and setting them on the counter for hours before reheating them.

Does anyone know why he would do these interviews? Why anyone does these kinds of interviews in such a situation.
SC’s are very long and obviously are risky since we are all here tearing them apart. What is the benefit to someone like sc in a guilty sense and a not guilty sense to do these interviews?
Especially since he’s spending most of that time talking about facts of the case instead of pleading for their return. PF made plenty of dumb-as-rocks mistakes, but not giving interviews wasn’t one of them. Fortunately he made enough bonehead moves he was easily convicted anyway.

Does anyone know why he would do these interviews? Why anyone does these kinds of interviews in such a situation.
SC’s are very long and obviously are risky since we are all here tearing them apart. What is the benefit to someone like sc in a guilty sense and a not guilty sense to do these interviews?
Quite often, Law Enforcement encourages spouses and parents to do TV interviews as a way to publicise the case----plead for the public's help--looking out for the missing family members.

We just had an Amber Alert at 2 am yesterday---a man stabbed his wife [she survived] and ran off with their 2 yr old girl. This happened in Northern Cali in San Jose.

Because of the amber alert, a woman who had pulled into a gas station, in Cambria recognised the perps car in the parking lot. The 2 yr old was locked in the car, man was inside the bathroom.

The woman told some men standing nearby and 4 men surrounded the perp when he returned to his car and they held him until police arrived---baby girl is safe.
https://www.fresnobee.com/news/california/article238429763.html

That^^^^ is why they ask family to do interviews, to keep the case in the press and get more people aware of the facts.

SC would have been better off to stick to those facts. Show pictures, describe them physically, especially his wife.

I could maybe see details get confusing to remember when there's a lot going on, you're stressed, tired, exhausted, worried, etc. but what's odd to me is the laughing and smiling. Did he laugh or smile while talking about details specific to himself? The times I saw and noticed were all while talking about Heidi. That doesn't sit right with me.

And where are her friends and family? No news interviews pleading for information? No one posting publicly on SM to find her? Isn't that odd too?

I still think it's possible she either left baby in the car while making two trips with stuff to the apartment OR if she opted to not do that, maybe she felt nervous about leaving baby unattended in the apartment, so she carried her up and down to the car on both trips and then was intercepted.

I know many of you say you would never leave a baby in a car and even though I'm not a parent, I wouldn't either, but people do, especially in situations like this. We just had a case locally where a woman forgot something in her house so ran in for thirty seconds while baby was in her (running) car in front of her house and the car was stolen with the baby inside (car was recovered and baby was fine). I know apartment lots are public, but especially if no one is around during the day, she may have felt a bit safer to do that there if it was just for 30 seconds as it was her home and sometimes we let our guard down at home, even if we shouldn't.

I am curious what the demographic of the apartment dwellers there is. Mostly working-age folks who would be gone at jobs during the day? Or college student ages who may have random class schedules and be home in the morning? Or retirees who don't have jobs to go to and are around a lot? Just curious if anyone heard or saw anything. But like someone said, if a weapon was brandished and she feared for her baby's life, she may have complied and gone quietly, fearing the worst if she didn't. MOO

Question from someone who's not a parent and doesn't know a whole lot about newborns, but is it possible she had two diaper bags? Especially if it was her second, maybe she had two (or he thought she had two when she was first discovered as not around -- some men really aren't tuned in to how much stuff a newborn needs even for four hours, he could be one of those 'I'll leave it to you' dads-of-a-newborn) so she didn't have to constantly change from in the car to visiting neighbours/friends etc.?

I know people have said you get more relaxed with the second, so is it also possible she would just throw what the baby needs into some sort of bag just for going down the street, especially if she was breast feeding and didn't need all the bottles etc.? I don't know why she would do that if the diaper bag was in the house, why wouldn't she just grab the to-go bag, but baby brain, etc. can make you do weird things or maybe the diaper bag needed refilling and she just didn't want to do that right that second, I know I do that with my gym/exercise class bags.

Quietly watching the thread, not my first rodeo though, just asking about the possibility. (And sorry if this has been asked or mentioned, like many I woke up to follow this and found literally 30 unread posts ETA: Pages, not posts, d'oh.)

His interview is so off. I find it strange. For example, he goes through his morning wakeup "Drink some water...". Smile. "She took the kids to school." Smile. "Oh man, this is hard." Chuckle. Now, maybe the TV crew said, "Take us through your morning routine", but still, it's strange.

Question1: how could he know that her phone was shut off : "Whenever I pulled up at 1:40, it's been off since then"?
Question2: Why did the TV station delete this interview from youtube (which someone reposted)? Did LE tell them to? Did they feel it could hamper or influence the investigation? Did it make them look bad, all the coaching? And their reporter was on the phone, calling in her questions. ETA: IMO obviously the TV station didn't think enough about this interview to send the reporter over, just wanting to get the bits for broadcast. Sad state of "local" news these days.

Last edited:
I have to say that I'm intrigued by these responses. Has nobody here ever taken leftovers home from a restaurant and heated them later? Maybe the daycare has a fridge.
Of course, but that lunch was made before 7 am that morning. I seriously doubt the classroom has a fridge. So it has been in his lunchbox ALL DAY, then to day care---then back home. And 12c hours later his Dad is reheating the sandwich?

I've taken many restaurant leftovers home to reheat---but I didnt drag then around for 12 hours before doing so.

I just found it odd, that's all. Given the circumstances, knowing his wife failed to pick up his boy, has had her phone off for 8 hours, etc, it seems that would be the main priority. Not grilling a day old sammie.

(Still catching up....nearly there!)

Am I right in recalling hearing SC say in Media Intvw that (paraphrase) it was the first time/morning that Heidi was doing the schoolrun alone with newborn?
Tia
Yes. And I bet she was thrilled to be out and about - it was a gorgeous day too. Until yesterday when it got a bit cooler, our weather has been the typically spectacular Austin December.

I'm local and have lived in apartments similar to this one. I'd be surprised if the apartments or many residents had security cameras on the outside of their homes. As for the gate, so many "gated" apartment communities around here have broken gates or they leave them open during the day. I can't remember the last time I visited a friend in a gated apartment complex and had to use a gate code.

When I drove through neither the front nor back gates were closed. Not sure if they were broken, but you didn't have to be a resident to have full access to the property.

Cracking up at everyone's grilling comments. No, we don't have a habit in Austin of throwing our sandwiches on the smoker after a long day. I'll spare you all the correct and holy barbecue terminology :). This guy, who seems from the interview discussion about Heidi making everyone sandwiches, is not the one normally feeding these kids. His hungry son, who probably had a PB&J or a cheese sandwich he didn't feel like eating at lunch wanted it warmed up when the hangry finally hit. If you're in the midst of realizing there are two people in your life missing, cooking a new meal is probably not part of the plan. I'm sure he wanted it "grilled" in a pan like a grilled cheese. Kids eat stuff they find on the carpet - I don't think it's all that strange to for him to eat something out of his probably insulated lunchbox that wasn't sushi. :)

And as to the purse comment that didn't insert a quote for some reason - we don't "know" if her purse was in the car or the apartment. He says both at different times and APD or any news outlet I've listened to have not confirmed where any of her belongings were.

Is it odd that it was reported to be a "normal day/morning" aside from the fact that it was Heidi's first day taking Margot along on the morning school run?

Seems their entire morning would have had to be different, as if Margot usually remained at home, who stayed home to watch her? The fiance I imagine? So did he leave for work earlier than usual that day? Therefore did he arrive home earlier than usual too?

The timing of their disappearance coinciding with the first day of a schedule/routine change seems oddly coincidental.

Obviously I hope they’re alive and well but if he did kill them you’d think it wouldn’t be that hard to find the bodies or at least have some sort of surveillance or witness, considering it was mid-day on a Monday with roughly a four hour window

Just thinking out loud here for a min- I'm trying to figure out how in broad daylight you would get away with carrying a body of a Woman out of a Apt complex ?? I mean I know it can and has been done, but man that's risky.
In the outside interview you could see a random girl at the next building walking out and back in ..so a Murderer would need good timing.
I know all indications are they she made it back to the Apt/Home..But what if she was intercepted by a call to meet up after book fair and before home?? If 2 people are involved her car could have been driven home and keys to apt would be avail to go inside bring car seat and books. ykwim?
Just pondering.. Awaiting news conference today. I also wonder was it normal to leave dog on the porch when running to school and back.

Is it odd that it was reported to be a "normal day/morning" aside from the fact that it was Heidi's first day taking Margot along on the morning school run?

Seems their entire morning would have had to be different, as if Margot usually remained at home, who stayed home to watch her? The fiance I imagine? So did he leave for work earlier than usual that day? Therefore did he arrive home earlier than usual too?

Her mom had been with them and had just left.

The timing of their disappearance coinciding with the first day of a schedule/routine change seems oddly coincidental.

Agree on the coincidence.

Re: his schedule. Our traffic is HORRIFIC. I used to work near where he works and I live not far from them. In Austin - we always say we don't want to cross the river, because it means traveling N>S or S>N and it can take an hour to go 16 miles at the wrong time of day. So I asked to work 6 AM to 2 PM. He left a bit later, but working for a moving company I'm sure the days aren't all the same length. Getting back home by 2 and leaving early are the only way not to sit on the parking lot of either n/s freeway for two hours each way and a lot of us here work odd hours to avoid it.

Just thinking out loud here for a min- I'm trying to figure out how in broad daylight you would get away with carrying a body of a Woman out of a Apt complex ?? I mean I know it can and has been done, but man that's risky.
In the outside interview you could see a random girl at the next building walking out and back in ..so a Murderer would need good timing.
I know all indications are they she made it back to the Apt/Home..But what if she was intercepted by a call to meet up after book fair and before home?? If 2 people are involved her car could have been driven home and keys to apt would be avail to go inside bring car seat and books. ykwim?
Just pondering.. Awaiting news conference today. I also wonder was it normal to leave dog on the porch when running to school and back.

This is an interesting idea. And one I hadn’t thought of. I could see that and could see *someone* else with sketchy interview assistance as the helper.

But also people find a way. Look at the number of victims who are found in rolly suitcases and no one bats an eye at anyone with a suitcase because there’s absolutely zero abnormal about a suitcase, even an extremely heavy one. For example, my mom travels on business 1-2x per month and I’m sure her suitcase always looks extraordinarily heavy, but in reality, she’s just a person who’s barely 5’ tall and not very strong. I think we all hope for a positive outcome but know the chances are small.

Question from someone who's not a parent and doesn't know a whole lot about newborns, but is it possible she had two diaper bags? Especially if it was her second, maybe she had two (or he thought she had two when she was first discovered as not around -- some men really aren't tuned in to how much stuff a newborn needs even for four hours, he could be one of those 'I'll leave it to you' dads-of-a-newborn) so she didn't have to constantly change from in the car to visiting neighbours/friends etc.?

I know people have said you get more relaxed with the second, so is it also possible she would just throw what the baby needs into some sort of bag just for going down the street, especially if she was breast feeding and didn't need all the bottles etc.? I don't know why she would do that if the diaper bag was in the house, why wouldn't she just grab the to-go bag, but baby brain, etc. can make you do weird things or maybe the diaper bag needed refilling and she just didn't want to do that right that second, I know I do that with my gym/exercise class bags.

Quietly watching the thread, not my first rodeo though, just asking about the possibility. (And sorry if this has been asked or mentioned, like many I woke up to follow this and found literally 30 unread posts ETA: Pages, not posts, d'oh.)

8 kids and I've never used more than one. But some women are more inclined to buy lots of stuff than I am. My husband definitely knows the diaper bag. Though it's not been the same bag for each kid. 2 week old babies nurse very frequently and poop as frequently or even more so. I can't imagine walking off somewhere with a newborn for any length of time because of that. You are going to need to lay baby down and change them. Blow outs leaking out the side of the onesie if you don't change fast. You are going to need to stop and nurse. And breastfeeding a 2 week old you could be nursing almost constantly. It's so odd. Also some women use their car seats constantly. They carry baby everywhere in it. In the house, in the store etc. I was someone who used a baby carrier and wore my babies instead. Someone wearing a baby could go off on a walk easier I think. But it's still just beyond odd and suspicious to me.

Her mom had been with them and had just left.

Agree on the coincidence.

Re: his schedule. Our traffic is HORRIFIC. I used to work near where he works and I live not far from them. In Austin - we always say we don't want to cross the river, because it means traveling N>S or S>N and it can take an hour to go 16 miles at the wrong time of day. So I asked to work 6 AM to 2 PM. He left a bit later, but working for a moving company I'm sure the days aren't all the same length. Getting back home by 2 and leaving early are the only way not to sit on the parking lot of either n/s freeway for two hours each way and a lot of us here work odd hours to avoid it.

Oh, I hadn't realized her mom had been staying with them up until the day before her disappearance, I somehow missed that info.

More odd now that mom isn't saying anything publicly.

In the outdoor interview, he is asked how the apartment was left. He said "it was like she was home.... Her purse was upstairs."

Then he said it was unusual that he left her car door unlocked... "with her purse still inside her car with all the money still inside it."

Yes, that is indeed strange to get that mixed up. At first he is saying that the reason he wasn't worried was BECAUSE her purse was upstairs, so he didn't worry and thought she was with friend and walked "to apartment complex". (such a strange way to say, I've listened again and again, and I think that is how he is saying it)

Queued to about 5:40 in video to transcribe.

Everything was like she was home. I mean that's why I thought she was at her friends house, like she walked to apartment complex. The carseat's upstairs, her purse IS upstairs her ID the wallet there's no signs of her taking the baby. She would never leave her car door unlocked, her car door was unlocked. So that's a wierd sign. So um I don't know anything about that. And her purse is inside her car with all the money still inside it, of it, her cards her ID her full purse. The only thing that is gone is her, the baby her keys and her cell phone. Which has been off since I tried to call her at 1:40

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA