https://tinyurl.com/vgzuyp5

TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by CathyinTexas, Dec 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mariposa

Mariposa Well-Known Member

Re motives there is SO much unknown about Heidi’s personal life and relationships. All we really have to go on is SC’s interviews and I guess that is why they are being analyzed minutely! But seriously with, say, Shannan Watts she had a ton of social media (much featuring CW), there were records like past bankruptcy filings, her friends speaking out, etc. There are so many blanks to fill in this case. Was it a stable or on and off relationship? Financial problems? History of conflicts or violence? We don’t know but I’m sure LE does

Colorfuel, susiQ, Steelslady and 6 others like this.
  2. Alathea

Alathea Well-Known Member

He never even specifies that he calls "the friend" who lives nearby where he thinks she went, nor did he say he ever went there.

You'd think he'd just go there or specify that he called that particular friend.

He just called "Friends" - never says who.

He only says he tried to call her once, at 1:40, and it went to VM. He doesn't ever say he tried again, not even when it was apparent she was "missing".

He doesn't say how he knows, but he claims her phone was "shut off" - when there is no way to know if a phone is off, or battery dead, or in a "dead zone" - and most will try to call again to make sure, especially hours later.

Colorfuel, susiQ, AnnaGrace and 9 others like this.
  3. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

But what explains the baby?

4. jellybean96

jellybean96 Well-Known Member

jash, LaLaw2000, susiQ and 9 others like this.
  5. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

6. GordianKnot

GordianKnot Little-Known Member

I do, too.

I think it was, "I love you, Honey (Heidi), followed by, "I love you, Margot."

I heard him say, "I love you, Margot" at the end.

JMO.

7. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

8. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Attempting to Keep Calm, and Carry On

Following.

gitana1 likes this.
  9. Alathea

Alathea Well-Known Member

Ah. Good point.

This gets closer to pre-planning/premeditation when I think about the baby, as well.

Even so, he could feel remorse afterwards (even if pre-meditated), no?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    Sunny58, GordianKnot, susiQ and 2 others like this.
  10. squareandrabbet

squareandrabbet Well-Known Member

I distinctly remember a garbled, choked laugh and smile, being twinned with his fishing around for the word "son". (Am I wrong?)

Since we know he did in fact speak with his son well after 6:40AM, this choked laugh and proper noun substitution midstream, strikes me as rather wrong.

11. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

If he was supposed to pick up the boy, why did the school have to call him at 6?

Yes, the school did call at 6 to say no one had picked up the boy. I am pretty sure that she was the person who picked up and dropped off, as she was the stay at home mom at that time.

And in the original reports, it was said that 'she did not pick up her son.'

Does it makes sense that she would leave her diaper bag and purse at home, turn off her phone, and hang out at a neighbours, and never check in with anyone, including her husband? --- For 11 hours she wouldn't check in with him?

That doesn't make sense to me and it seems weird that he didn't have any concerns about it.

You don't have to be especially 'observant' to realise that your son needs to be picked up from school and your wife's car is in the parking lot and she and the baby are are nowhere to be found.

Kittybunny, LaLaw2000, susiQ and 12 others like this.
  12. PiertotumLocomotor

PiertotumLocomotor Well-Known Member

susiQ, rainynights, Artis and 5 others like this.
  13. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

Baby, so fragile at 3 weeks, was dropped during the incident/fight/assault perhaps. Again, unintentional.

14. jellybean96

jellybean96 Well-Known Member

This is totally just me, but it really bothers me how he calls everything 'beautiful' - wife, daughter, dog, family. Ugh. Irks me.

15. Waterdog

Waterdog Well-Known Member

Do we know what time S.C. called his dad?

16. Artis

Artis Well-Known Member

I think you're talking about the "Raw" video. A couple of nights ago it was being discussed and someone asked if he'd even used her name so I went back to check and did this (just the beginning):

1:01 He uses her name - Heidi
    1:21/22 Uses her name, again
    1:25/26 Chokes up when he says it's Heidi's first day taking Margo, by herself
    1:37 Uses Heidi's name
    1:58 "She was making lunch, right before I left" - smiles
    2:28 "she bought three books" - smiles
    2:37-46 recounting their AM phone conversion about the books, "I tell her I love you, good bye" - he pauses, smiles, laughs and says "Aw, man, this is hard" (obvious question - what's hard?)
    3:00-08 Pausing, smiles, struggles with what to say, says he's been repeating it all day and sighs
    3:20-27 reporter asks is she should move on with another question and he says no, it's a good question, smiling, says it's a weird situation, laughs again
    3:38-52 really struggling, doesn't know what to say, says he needs to stand up (indicates, to me - MOO - extreme stress/fight or flight/feeling trapped - though he welcomes questions, it should be noted - causes me anxiety just to watch it - no judgement as to source of his stress, just observing)
    4:29-35 dad got cancer, chokes up, literally pushes that feeling away by waving his hand, three times and smiles/laughs (my take - emotional guy who pushes away pain)
    Camera man begins to play director and I'm stopping there.

kimpage, HayLouise, AnnaGrace and 8 others like this.
  17. ASheehy

ASheehy Well-Known Member

yep, you're correct - he started to do his nervous laugh and then went off camera.

Sunny58, AnnaGrace, gitana1 and 5 others like this.
  18. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

That is one of the parts that really strikes me as important.

Isnt it true that you would get voicemail even if a person is on the phone, so one cannot really tell the phone was turned off unless they tried calling a bunch of times over a period of time and finally have to assume that.

So how would he be so certain her phone was off at a certain time? It doesnt make sense to me.

19. Sherlockhemlock

Sherlockhemlock Well-Known Member

In some states married couples with different last names are also required to sign them. I didn’t change my name when we got married and so my husband (of almost 20 years at that point) has to sign an acknowledgment of paternity before we could leave the hospital. It is possible that he refused to sign so then the hospital would have done the test. Jmo

20. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

The police will know that already if so.

AgeofAquaruis and SaguaroSpirit like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.