TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
by terse, I meant a short, brief comment.
From the article you linked:

Broussard’s aunt, HT, wrote on Facebook, “Please keep praying and sharing we need our girls home safe if anyone has seen or heard anything please let someone know Heidi Elizabeth and baby Margot not a moment goes by that my prayers and thoughts are not with yall!! Bring our Girls Home!!”

She added, “Heidi Elizabeth I love you more than I can explain please come home if u can if u can’t fight baby hang on they coming to get you. There are so many ppl praying for you and Margo baby in the name of Jesus we shall see y’all soon!!”

Another family member, ET, wrote on Facebook, “God please let us know where they are please keep your loving arms wrapped around them and bring them home. My heart is so broken im so helpless in this situation if anybody knows me i will do anything for my nieces and it’s killing me not to be able to help her everyone i ask for your continued prayers and sharing somebody out there knows and wherever you are please come forth and help us find them Heidi has a son that desperately needs her they have family that loves them and needs them and misses them very much.”

Another aunt, EDT, said on Facebook, “Everyone please continue to pray and share away please tia please if anyone knows anything about my nieces whereabouts please come forward my heart is so heavy God please keep them safe and bring them home i know this is treating my sister Tammy Broussard up Heidi is an only child she is a fascinating wonderful amazing person has a bubbly personality an awesome mother please help if you know anything please inform the police call 911 contact any of us inbox me anything im soooooo list and helpless i don’t know what to do.”

She added, “All my life i have looked at the missing people reports and the posts and thought to myself this hurts my heart i know their families must be devastated never in a million years could i even imagine how they felt well a million years was very short because i now know how these families felt and it hurts words can’t even describe the pain. my niece Heidi Elizabeth she has such a wonderful personality she’s an awesome person an awesome mother just to know that i can not reach out and text her or see her post on Facebook or anything is hurting me deep down to soul i know my sister her mother is in much more pain and then her baby girl Margo 3 weeks old new to the world doesn’t know nothing but momma.

The aunt said, “I know her momma is taking care of her God please make sure they safe and eat and have plenty heat God please bring them home please come home if there is anybody out there that knows anything please come forward and say something because just like me you wouldn’t think it would happen to your family but if it does you will feel so helpless and all you can do is beg just for some kind of sign or some kind of something to lead to the whereabouts of your loved ones Aunt Dawn loves you Heidi and Margo come home.”

The “left on her own” theory is a garbage theory IMO. Her sm indicates that her kiddos are her whole life, why would she have left her little boy? Why wouldn’t she have packed up that morning and left and taken him with her? She’s his mother and could have easily called him out of school and SC would have been none the wiser for 10+ hours (more than enough time to get far far away). Also I don’t see her voluntarily hopping in a different vehicle and leaving without a car seat for the baby?

I don’t know, this feels very decoy theory to me and pretty unbelievable. MOO.

I like their approach though. I feel their update is important and shows a lot about what they’re doing. And addressing community concerns. It shows how hard they’re working to uncover the truth so that people don’t think they don’t care and it could show where their direction is focused (i.e. the language about alibis), but being careful not to alienate anyone.

I'm really glad you mentioned this. The fact he first called his dad really bothers me, and this is why (some facts and observations):
  • Shane is not 17, and he doesn't live with Dad (yet he immediately calls him.)
  • He never mentions trying to call Heidi again at any point when he sees she is missing. Not once. He says "the phone was shut off" earlier when he mentions calling her between noon and 1:40 (time changes). He NEVER says he tried calling her again.
  • What if her battery went dead or she was on the phone or sent it to VM on that earlier one attempt to call her before he "knew" she was "missing"?
  • How would he know the phone was shut off instead of other options and why not try to call her - FIRST? What would you do first, if your significant other went missing with a newborn, and you'd tried to call them 4-6 hours ago? YOU'D TRY to call them again, even if the phone had gone to VM hours ago!
  • In the inside interview he gets very upset when they "move his dad"... as if he was right in front of him at first. Why did he need the line of sight to his dad and why did someone move his Dad in that interview? He actually STOPPED the interview at that point.
  • His dad rubbing him on the back - well, that was just different. Annoying. Over the top really.
  • The dad was very calm throughout and did not appear to be upset at all.
  • His dad has set up a fund for him.
These are simply observations and facts to consider - I am not implying anything. I hope she and the baby are well and hiding, though I do not think it likely given all of the discrepancies in S's stories.

IDK maybe it's just me but I don't find it odd at all that he called his father. I probably would have freaked out and called my mom first before anything if my sister, niece, and nephews were all missing. Sometimes in traumatic or scary times you want your parents no matter how old you are. And as far as the phone goes if it goes straight to voice mail it's more than likely that the phone is turned off. The other day I called my Aunt and her phone went straight to voice mail. My first thought was the phone was turned off so yeah I don't think it's odd he came to that assumption.

Also one thing i'd like to point out is if this man was working he does have a solid alibi. I realize he drives the truck but the moving company would have it on record that he was moving someone that day kind of like how UPS has dispatches when you call them they can get in touch with the driver. I'd assume the moving company would have the same type thing. And if he called her that day it will show in the phone records.

Again I want to wait until what LE has to say in the presser before I cast judgement.

I've just watched all the videos. Read every post. I did not see in any of them where he said 2 pm. Does anyone have a link as to this getting feet? I am of opinion he has not said in an interview at this time.

Does OP or anyone have such a link? (Reason is, so many times early in a case where LE is silent, stuff from FB or other places get legs, and I want to correct for here at WS.)

Also, what I did notice when I watched the videos of him MULTIPLE times, was that he cried when his dad rubbed his back, a la Chris Watts with his father.

I think MOO Breaking down with the father for both as to shame? @gitana1

I'm not a person who reads such into body language, but after rewatching all to find such that the OP was asking, it hit on me as such. MOO
Boyfriend of missing Austin woman, baby speaks out
Heidi Broussard Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

BBM
Updated Dec 14, 2019 at 10:24am
“[SBM]

An Austin Police Department press release says that Broussard, 33, and Carey were last seen around 7:30 a.m. at Cowan Elementary School, located along 2817 Kentish Drive. Broussard was dropping off a child at the school. Police believe that Broussard and Carey returned to their home close to West William Cannon and South First Street.
snipped
Shane Carey, the father of Margot, told CBS Austin that he last spoke to Broussard around 8 a.m. on December 12. Carey said that he returned home from work around 2 p.m. and found that Broussard and his daughter were not there.

You know another thing (Sorry for another post LOL) these two people have been together for several years. Why would he snap 10 years into it and do something to her? IDK like I said I want to wait until more info comes out before I start pointing fingers.

Or maybe they were broke and she just wanted him to know she spent the money so he did not overdraw the account?
I spent a lot of years broke. To them 25$ may be a lot of money. When we were young and just starting out we used to need to communicate who spent what....I don't suspect anyone in their right mind would kill someone over 25$ in any situation, but maybe the money issue weighs on his mind because it was their last conversation.
Agree. Some of us actually keep under $200 account balances.

I did the book fair every year even though there were cheaper ways to buy books.

And I would have called my in-no-way-ever-abusive husband afterward simply because he would routinely ask an ATM how much money we had but never understand that there was such a thing as "pending transactions".

Short story long: after 30 years of marriage we use cash or a pre-paid card

It was mentioned in this thread that SC stated in one of the videos that his ex had moved to town during his father's cancer diagnosis. And that he and his ex share a daughter.

I'm curious to know the relationship his ex has with HB. Could there be resent towards HB and the NEW baby girl?

The scene he describes after he came home: Apartment door open, Heidi and three-week-old! Margot are not there, dog on the balcony, Heidi´s personal belongings are there, including the new books, Margot's things are there. The phone is missing and has been switched off since noon. Her car is there.
One would assume that Heidi left the apartment in a hurry. Did he ask Heidi's friends in the apartment complex? Because one would be worried or at least curious about what could have been so urgent and why her phone is off. Instead, he waits for hours to react.
I don't have a good feeling about that.:(
It also stuck me off that he went digging in dumpsters for her keys. *Why there?
*Why is that the first place that comes to his mind to tell an interviewer?
*Why had he "sat" outside his place looking for something suspicious?
*Why had he "sat" outside asking others if they heard anything?

Also one thing i'd like to point out is if this man was working he does have a solid alibi. I realize he drives the truck but the moving company would have it on record that he was moving someone that day kind of like how UPS has dispatches when you call them they can get in touch with the driver. I'd assume the moving company would have the same type thing. And if he called her that day it will show in the phone records.
He had a short shift that day, less than the normal 8 hours. Could be his schedule fluctuated based on demands. I guess if they had no one to move, there’d be little work.

Of course, but that's not my point. My point, THE point is that "news" and journalists doesn't seem to care about facts in so many instances and it's only gotten worse with the internet.

Not unless it could be something for which they could be sued, apparently, otherwise, it's just trying to be first in getting anything out on the air, on the page or on the web.

Your point is a valid one, the fact that my op was addressing another poster's observation that LE has been tight-lipped, notwithstanding.

ITA that MSM too often plays fast and loose with the "facts" in their rush to be first to dish the scoop.

We're talking about separate but related issues.

While your point is definitely a valid point, it's not THE point, at least, not THE point of MY post.

Another poster noted that we're not hearing much from LE, which is extremely telling given the circumstances, i.e., a mother and infant going missing in broad daylight.

LE's silence has been deafening.

The public is clamoring for information.
Facts are LE's stock in trade.
I trust what comes out of LE's mouth.
What comes from MSM or SC, I view with a jaundiced eye.

That's why the presser today is so important.
The public will hopefully be provided with known facts, vs. interpretations, suppositions, embellishments, or misstatements of fact that we may have heard or read elsewhere.

I do think LE will clear up at least a few important points which have been muddied.

JMO.

Last edited:
I’m not sure what you mean. What huge baby trafficking issue do we have in the states? We are talking about selling babies. Either for sex or to keep as one’s child or labor force. Where is a shred of evidence that right now there is a business of this in the states, let alone “big business”.

It depends on which end of the coin you look at for baby/child trafficking (adoption, sex trafficking...). We have ICPC in every state for a reason. You cannot legally take custody of a child from one state to another without going through the lengthy process.

Not at all saying this is the case here.

It also stuck me off that he went digging in dumpsters for her keys. *Why there?
He seems to want to help. Or he’s eager to know what others might know.

I also caught that he said there is no evidence. Hmmmm ok. How would he know what is evidence,and what isn't?

I agree and was coming to type all of that out. He's focused on money 2x in an 11 min interview.
I understand why many of us think "here we go again" but I'm the type who if you stuck a microphone in my face during a stressful time....I would ramble and repeat myself until someone made me shut up.

ETA: removed extra word "if" because, see, I ramble and babble even when not stressed lol

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been shared, but I found his description interesting, to say the least. I mean, huh? An awesome mom walking around?

Broussard’s husband Shane Carey talked to CBS Austin.

“If you see an awesome mom with a baby walking around or in a suspicious van or car or anything, please just somebody call,” Carey pleaded.

The news outlet caught up with Carey at a T-Mobile store, where they say he was trying to get cell phone records.

Husband of missing mom and newborn asks public to call police ‘if you see an awesome mom with a baby’

by Adela Uchida & Melanie Barden, KEYE StaffFriday, December 13th 2019

I had not realized that this was the first interview, when they "ambushed" him the day after they went missing. IIRC, the other media interviews were done 3 days afterwards in his parking lot and home?

Interesting timing. I would think that all day he would have been with LE, so this was right after he left them? Is he following Frazee steps of going to such? Bad idea sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels