TX TX - Houston, Bissonnet St, WhtFem 43-65, UP16813, dolphin ring, clothes, watch, Jun'17 GRAPHIC

I'm kind of inclined to "parental caregiver who died," now that you mention it. And the surviving siblings weren't willing to take care of her.

I wondered about the teeth. She looks edentulous to me, too.

Just so incredibly sad. I used to live beside a woman who had two sons with severe autism. They were both non-verbal but made lots of loud moaning and grunting sounds that alarmed some people because they were normal sized men. They were unable to dress themselves without help or even go outside without someone leading them around. These two sons were in their late 30s, at the time.

My neighbour had 3 other kids, all older. One lived in New Zealand, and the other two lived far enough away that she needed help with them. Everyday they went to a rehabilitation place that basically just let them do their thing, painting, making stuff, etc. They came home everyday after 'school' and had to be led up the stairs to the walk that led to their home.

Once, when the mom and I were talking in the garden she told me that the youngest who was about 37 at that time, had fallen out of the second floor window on the stair landing when he was about 12. He'd lain there for a couple of hours with a compound fracture of his arm but didn't make a sound. She still wept about that even all those years later.

So as it turned out, she ended up being diagnosed with dementia and her other kids swooped in to have her put in a care facility. I really believe they thought they were doing their mom a favour giving her respite from looking after her severely disabled children all those years but I think it must have destroyed her. Like many with dementia she was lucid at times and her two boys were always on her mind. Her kids ended up sending both boys to an assisted living facility in a completely different town and she never got to see them again, as far as I know. It was heartbreaking. She died about one year later at the age of 86.

I have no idea how those young men fared after such a tumultuous change in the lives. They'd be in their mid to late 40s now.

Does anyone have any update? I have a feeling this case will never be solved

Texas Missing Persons Clearhouse Online Bulletin​

Unidentified Person's Details​

<image modsnipped: Post mortem pictures available at linked source>

Case Number: U1801001
Agency: INST OF FORENSIC SCIENCES OF HARRIS COUNTY
Date Found: 06/17/2017
Estimated Date of Death: (estimated) 06-15-2017
Cause of Death: Accidental
Race: White
Height: 5' 05"
Eye Color: Brown
Sex: Female

Weight: 95 lbs. - 100 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
City Found: Houston
County Found: Harris
State Found: Texas
Country Found: USA

Description:
Decedent was found at 6400 Bissonnet, Houston, Texas. Decedent had medium length brown hair with minimal wave and had long fingernails with turquoise polish.
Clothing included a deep blue T-shirt, black and pink shorts with a skull and cross bones pattern and a white metal dolphin ring.
DNA and fingerprints are available at Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences

Last edited by a moderator:
From her PM she looks Hispanic or maybe Native and on the older end of the age estimate. She looks edentulous and her not weather appropriate clothing, her adult diaper and her emaciated frame suggest she was in permanent care or home care somewhere.

The recon is lovely but it definitely shows her in better and younger times. Which actually might make sense because that is probably how friends would remember her before she was confined to the bed or facility somewhere.

Current exclusions--no new names.

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP30062Mollie Burr
Date of Last ContactMay 13, 1994
StateTX
CountyHarris
Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP36793Maria Llamas
Date of Last ContactNovember 20, 2016
StateTX
CountyBexar
Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP40500Essie Valentine
Date of Last ContactMay 29, 2017
StateTN
CountyRhea
Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP6817Lisa Wilson
Date of Last ContactDecember 23, 1974
StateTX
CountyTarrant

Knowing that she was thin, can an autopsy determine if her limbs were atrophied from nonuse? May have been bedridden then also using diaper.

added to the exclusions:

MP9085 Althea Rogers 10/02/1985 Williamson TX

\Current exclusions--no new names.

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP30062Mollie Burr
Date of Last ContactMay 13, 1994
StateTX
CountyHarris
Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP36793Maria Llamas
Date of Last ContactNovember 20, 2016
StateTX