CATCH THE LATEST WEBSLEUTHS RADIO AS WE LOOK INTO THE TERRIFYING WORLD OF MEDICAL SERIAL KILLERS
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN

TX TX - Houston, BlkMale 77UMTX, 23-40, found strangled, Jul'86

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by Bobby88, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Bobby88

Bobby88 Whatever happened to Johnnie Herrera?

Given that this man was wearing a multiple earrings, nail polish, and that he may have been strangled with pantyhose, could this have been a gay hate crime? Could the victim have been gay or transgendered?

DoeNetwork Case 77UMTX
    [​IMG]

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/77umtx.html

Unidentified Black Male Located on July 10, 1986 at 2500 Wentworth at Live Oak, in Houston, Harris County, Texas.
    Estimated Date of Death: The victim died the same day that he was located.
    Cause of Death: Homicide by strangulation, possibly with pantyhose. [HR][/HR]
    Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 20-30 years old
    • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'7-5'9; 155-165 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Short, black, kinky hair; brown eyes. His ears were both pierced four times and he wore four earrings in each ear. He wore gold nail polish on his fingernails. He had needle marks on both arms.
    • Clothing: He was wearing pink pants; a gray t-shirt; a black leather belt with studded spikes; a silver chain; silver ring and a gold ring with a clear stone.
    • Tattoos: He had a tattoo of a heart with a scroll on inside of his left forearm.
    • Fingerprints: Available.
    [HR][/HR]Case History
    The victim was located in the 2500 block of Wentworth near Live Oak on the south side of Houston, Texas on July 10, 1986.

2. Donamena

Donamena Former Member

How did they find him so quickly?

3. Bobby88

I don't know. I'd really like to know if this victim had ties to the local gay community or anything. Could he have been a transgenderedwoman or nightclub performer? Perhaps even a prostitute?

4. Bobby88

5. FiveFelines

FiveFelines New Member

6. FiveFelines

FiveFelines New Member

Also, there is a bar called the Esquire Lounge on the corner of that block. It looks like it's only been there for a few years, but I'm guessing it might have been another bar or club before that. I wonder if that's where he was found.

7. FiveFelines

FiveFelines New Member

8. Murkywaters

Murkywaters Active Member

Did the descendant have a weave, wig or any hair extensions at all? It says he was found with short hair... It's kinda hard to determine if he was in fact transgender or just a gay man who happened to dress in drag from time to time.

9. FiveFelines

FiveFelines New Member

Not to nitpick about semantics, but "transgender" and "gay" are not mutually exclusive: one involves gender identity and the other involves sexual orientation. He also could have been a straight man who liked to occasionally dress in drag. (Most gay men I know only occasionally dress in drag if they are drag queens, it's Halloween, etc.)

I wonder if he was wearing a wig and it was either removed by the killer or fell off in the struggle. The track marks lead me to believe he might have been a sex worker/hustler, althoight I realize that not all sex workers are addicts.

10. FiveFelines

FiveFelines New Member

11. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

if he was at the younger end of the age range, its possible he ran away or was reported missing by family who had no idea he was gay or transgender.

12. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

From the link..
    ML86_4174_ID.4.jpg Jewelry.jpg

13. margarita25

margarita25 Jessica Ridgeway. Never Forgotten.

This sounds familiar to me...marking my spot...