TX TX - Houston, MixedRaceFem 15-17, UP10722, 'He Smurfs Me' TShirt, Oct'12 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopeful, I'm so proud of you for taking your promises seriously and for doing all that you're doing for these children. You're wonderful. :smooch:

Dear Smurfette, praying someone will miss you at the Thanksgiving table and ask questions!!!

I started a thread on Reddit's r/unresolvedmysteries forum. I can't link to it, but if you go to the main page and tack on /r/UnresolvedMysteries/comments/2nttvv/who_is_smurfette_unidentified_teenaged_girl_found/ to the end, it will bring you to the thread.

Someone there took the reconstruction and modified it to accentuate the overbite, since it isn't as obvious from the original recon. I think I like it more because the overbite is more prominent and the hair looks more realistic.

I submitted the information about Samantha, and talked with the lead ME via telephone and email. After enthusiastically checking into it (which took a few weeks), the ME got back with me (on her own, which was so nice) to let me know Samantha has been ruled out. (BTW, when I call in a lead or idea, I do so independently and don't mention WS).

The folks working this case have been extremely receptive, communicative and responsive to possible information, and have openly welcomed any leads, saying they could really use the public's help with this one.

One thing the ME did say is that there is a condition with the bones...a type of deterioration which occurs after a period of unhealthy living (malnutrition? or something along these lines??...I need to call her back and get the exact medical term and explanation she used...will try to remember to do that tomorrow)...She also said that the victim has quite a severe overbite and is very possibly biracial.

Also, according to locals, a lot of violent criminals relocated to the area after Hurricane Katrina and there there is quite a problem with human trafficking in the area.

As I mentioned above, I got word back in a few weeks. They have to request and receive back certain information, etc. relating to the case / lead being called in.

Sounds to me like she has Chiari Malformation
NamUs has a recon

Attachments

• 21913HarrisForensic.jpg
    21913HarrisForensic.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 165
Just got on and saw these last comments. I will be having a discussion with the caseworker and her supervisor in a couple days. I will see what I can get done. I am concerned that the story has not been taken seriously. I have contacted Sharon Derrick and told the story but could not give names. It will be up to the caseworker if names will be given. I take the privacy mandate of foster parenting very seriously, but this IF the child is telling something she actually witnessed, then it is murder.

Good luck. You Rock! Please keep us posted!

Hopeful, I'm so proud of you for taking your promises seriously and for doing all that you're doing for these children. You're wonderful. :smooch:

Indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by margarita25 View Post
I submitted the information about Samantha, and talked with the lead ME via telephone and email. After enthusiastically checking into it (which took a few weeks), the ME got back with me (on her own, which was so nice) to let me know Samantha has been ruled out. (BTW, when I call in a lead or idea, I do so independently and don't mention WS).

The folks working this case have been extremely receptive, communicative and responsive to possible information, and have openly welcomed any leads, saying they could really use the public's help with this one.

One thing the ME did say is that there is a condition with the bones...a type of deterioration which occurs after a period of unhealthy living (malnutrition? or something along these lines??...I need to call her back and get the exact medical term and explanation she used...will try to remember to do that tomorrow)...She also said that the victim has quite a severe overbite and is very possibly biracial.

Also, according to locals, a lot of violent criminals relocated to the area after Hurricane Katrina and there there is quite a problem with human trafficking in the area.

As I mentioned above, I got word back in a few weeks. They have to request and receive back certain information, etc. relating to the case / lead being called in.

Quote: Roselvr
Sounds to me like she has Chiari Malformation
NamUs has a recon

Wow, Roselvr, you went waaaay back, that is a really old post of mine!

From the above link:

"small build, bone slightly osteopenic, malformation of skull base that could represent a pathologic process."

Roselvr, My son has Chiari Malformation, that's exactly my guess. The malformation she is talking about is possibly the fact that the opening of the Foramen Magnum in the occiptal bone was measuring small. Which would indicate that its possible that the 4th ventricle would be possibly herniated.

Roselvr, My son has Chiari Malformation, that's exactly my guess. The malformation she is talking about is possibly the fact that the opening of the Foramen Magnum in the occiptal bone was measuring small. Which would indicate that its possible that the 4th ventricle would be possibly herniated.

My daughter (21) & 16 month old grandson have it too. I have a connective tissue disorder with occult tethered cord; never had upper body issues/ headaches until recently. Gonna have my Dr order an MRI.

The condition of her teeth and some other features of this young woman make me think she was the daughter of a drug addicted person, most probably without a standard nuclear family or other relatives in the picture...I also saw the reddit thread on this case and noticed some good ideas there.

Honestly someone needs to offer a reward for info- given the behavior of people in the drug addict community, someone will give info. Just a matter of time. Other possibility is someone with a an axe to grind will rat out her killer/explain what happened to her at a time that is "helpful" to them...just who knows when that may be.

The condition of her teeth and some other features of this young woman make me think she was the daughter of a drug addicted person, most probably without a standard nuclear family or other relatives in the picture...I also saw the reddit thread on this case and noticed some good ideas there.

Honestly someone needs to offer a reward for info- given the behavior of people in the drug addict community, someone will give info. Just a matter of time. Other possibility is someone with a an axe to grind will rat out her killer/explain what happened to her at a time that is "helpful" to them...just who knows when that may be.

Not necessarily; if she does have Chiari Malformation, she has a bunch of associated conditions, some affect the bones & teeth. No matter how much dental care some of us have, the teeth still fall apart, same for my daughter & son. Putting braces on our teeth can also make them fall apart quicker

I have Chiari Malformation and EDS along with other co-conditions. I had 2 brain surgeries in 2008. Until it was accidentally found in an unrelated MRI, I didn't even know I had Chiari Malformation... or EDS. That diagnosis came later. It is very common for people with these conditions to go a very long time or even their whole lives without knowing they have these conditions. So if she did have Chiari and related conditions, she may not have even realized it if there were no severe symptoms.

Not necessarily; if she does have Chiari Malformation, she has a bunch of associated conditions, some affect the bones & teeth. No matter how much dental care some of us have, the teeth still fall apart, same for my daughter & son. Putting braces on our teeth can also make them fall apart quicker

Oh that's terrible.

Oh that's terrible.

some are lucky to get diagnosed with today's MRI's; but some like my daughter; do not because radiologists do not know about it or they measure the herniation wrong; or see it but do not write it in because it doesn't meet their minimum herniation level. I've been trying to find my daughters "mystery illness" for 5 years. It wasn't until a few years ago when I helped someone with their daughter; joined a few FB groups that I realized the symptoms matched both of us.

My daughter (21) & 16 month old grandson have it too. I have a connective tissue disorder with occult tethered cord; never had upper body issues/ headaches until recently. Gonna have my Dr order an MRI.

So sorry for the o/t, but I had never heard of this, and my mom suffered with these symptoms, and I was wondering if this was from child hood abuse? She was abused horribly by her mom ( not giving no names, but both are deceased). My heart is breaking all over again. Prayers also, for those have researched this. :(

some are lucky to get diagnosed with today's MRI's; but some like my daughter; do not because radiologists do not know about it or they measure the herniation wrong; or see it but do not write it in because it doesn't meet their minimum herniation level. I've been trying to find my daughters "mystery illness" for 5 years. It wasn't until a few years ago when I helped someone with their daughter; joined a few FB groups that I realized the symptoms matched both of us.

Ouch. :(

Feeling good tonight! I met with the caseworker and her supervisor about the reasons we suspect the parents of these children could be involved in murder. We found ads from two Texas/Mexico border towns with them advertising for a nanny for their two small children. Wanting the nanny to relocate to another state with them. There is so much, much more that I will not share at this point but a small child's story may lead to a human trafficking situation. I took Smurf girls poster to the caseworker and told her I had talked to Dr.Sharon Derrick, forensic investigator, about the child's story but could not give names. Whether they will contact her I don't know, but I at least it is finally getting turned over to law enforcement, thank God!

Feeling good tonight! I met with the caseworker and her supervisor about the reasons we suspect the parents of these children could be involved in murder. We found ads from two Texas/Mexico border towns with them advertising for a nanny for their two small children. Wanting the nanny to relocate to another state with them. There is so much, much more that I will not share at this point but a small child's story may lead to a human trafficking situation. I took Smurf girls poster to the caseworker and told her I had talked to Dr.Sharon Derrick, forensic investigator, about the child's story but could not give names. Whether they will contact her I don't know, but I at least it is finally getting turned over to law enforcement, thank God!

You're an Angel in disguise! :blowkiss:

Prayers for you, this child, and what seems to be an awful situation. Even if this turns out to be completely unrelated to Smurf, I hope and pray that these people are discovered and brought to justice for their crimes. No child needs to go through what it seems your foster daughter has been through and your quick action may save countless other children from being exposed to these monsters. God bless you! We need more like you!

Thanks. We need all the prayers we can get! My helpful sister gave Sharon Derrick the names of the mom and the older man they refer to as their dad. She found an ad from 2012 in a carpool section saying they were leaving the town in South Texas and would give a ride to anyone wanting to go to a state north of Texas in mid September, which would have most likely taken them through Houston at the very time Smurf girl was killed. Although it will probably take an act of God to get this solved, it is astounding to be able to find what we did. It makes a small child's story seem possible.

Her album on Never Forget Me -
Houston Texas-October 16,2012 15-17 years of age

Wow, Roselvr, you went waaaay back, that is a really old post of mine!

From the above link:

"small build, bone slightly osteopenic, malformation of skull base that could represent a pathologic process."

Not sure how I didn't realize there were as many pages as there are! I had googled for a WS thread.

So sorry for the o/t, but I had never heard of this, and my mom suffered with these symptoms, and I was wondering if this was from child hood abuse? She was abused horribly by her mom ( not giving no names, but both are deceased). My heart is breaking all over again. Prayers also, for those have researched this. :(

No, not from abuse. It's a genetic condition. Possible you have it or are a carrier if your mom had symptoms

Thanks. We need all the prayers we can get! My helpful sister gave Sharon Derrick the names of the mom and the older man they refer to as their dad. She found an ad from 2012 in a carpool section saying they were leaving the town in South Texas and would give a ride to anyone wanting to go to a state north of Texas in mid September, which would have most likely taken them through Houston at the very time Smurf girl was killed. Although it will probably take an act of God to get this solved, it is astounding to be able to find what we did. It makes a small child's story seem possible.

Thankful that you have done what you can to find out if what she's said is true or not. When you PM'd us on Never Forget Me; I was running around with my grandson; as well as him having early intervention; add to that my daughter getting diagnosed with Chiari. So sorry that we have been really busy in our personal lives; my grandson has been sick the last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500