TX TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #2 *NAME NOT RELEASED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh, I can’t believe it’s been just about 39 years since our girl was murdered. I’ve spent most of today wondering what she would have been doing, not knowing how her young life would come to an unfair and brutal end just hours later. She would have said goodbye to someone she cared about. Someone out there is looking for their old friend, family member, classmate - someone is looking for her.

It’s kind of emotional.

Why dont they just create a profile with her dna in GED match and find out who her relatives are?

This post lands at random, but a large clean up on this thread occurred tonight. According to the rules, we simply cannot post about our sleuthing of anyone who has not been officially reported as a missing person, nor can we post any pictures of them either.

Imagine the horror of searching the internet and seeing your photo being compared to a decedent when you are alive and well & just anonymously living your life. Any questions about the rules can be directed to a staff member in the form of a PM. Thank you.

Last edited:
Today marks 39 years since the never ending search for your identity began. You’ve got the most kindhearted and dedicated group of people who won’t stop until the name you came into this world with is returned to you. Until then, rest peacefully little lady! It won’t be long now! <3

yes! her grave. I'd greatly appreciate that thank you!

Alright! I will explain this as best as I can. I am going to explain it the way I go when I am there. Please forgive me! I hope his makes sense. So, you're at the cemetery entrance...the road makes a horseshoe around the cemetery. Walk down the right side as you enter the cemetery, keep walking. It's a lovely walk. Once you have walked just a little bit more than half of the horseshoe, she will be on your right hand side. Her grave is easy to find. I went there with no idea where she was. Thankfully, people have been very lovely & her grave has such wonderful things left for her. You could take a left instead, you will walk past the babies and as you get near the back end of the cemetery, she will be on your left instead. No matter which way you take, you will find her. Best wishes to you! It feels a bit nice to be able to pay your respects to her. I left her a nice seashell before I left.

Also, can't believe it has been 39 years ago today. I still have hope we will find her name & be able to give it back to her. She will no longer just have a grave marker that says "Unknown White Female," one day. Thanks to everyone here that never gives up on this girl. <3

I wonder what would have happened to our girl if she hadn’t had her life stolen from her on a cold night 39 years ago.

Would she have been a loving mother and wife? Would she have been independent and travelled the world? Would she have became an actress? A singer? An accountant? All of those thoughts are with me.

Somebody misses her. Somebody knows her. Somebody is looking for their childhood friend online, asking others if they have heard from them. Someone is looking for her, unaware of the brutal, unfair end her life came to all those years ago. She’s been dead longer than a lot of us on this forum have been alive, and that’s terrifying.

She’ll get her name back. Wether it be today, tomorrow, next year, ten, twenty, or thirty years, she’ll get her identity back. For now, all we can do is our best to bring justice to our girl.

I wonder what would have happened to our girl if she hadn’t had her life stolen from her on a cold night 39 years ago.

Would she have been a loving mother and wife? Would she have been independent and travelled the world? Would she have became an actress? A singer? An accountant? All of those thoughts are with me.

Somebody misses her. Somebody knows her. Somebody is looking for their childhood friend online, asking others if they have heard from them. Someone is looking for her, unaware of the brutal, unfair end her life came to all those years ago. She’s been dead longer than a lot of us on this forum have been alive, and that’s terrifying.

She’ll get her name back. Wether it be today, tomorrow, next year, ten, twenty, or thirty years, she’ll get her identity back. For now, all we can do is our best to bring justice to our girl.

I forgot to add this, but I often wonder what she was like and what she liked. Was she shy? Confident? A bookworm? Did she have any pets or siblings? Who was her favourite singer? What was her favourite food? She had favourites. She had a personality as complex as all of us. It’s just like Stephanie Harlowe said in that video. We don’t know the little things that made our girl herself.

I forgot to add this, but I often wonder what she was like and what she liked. Was she shy? Confident? A bookworm? Did she have any pets or siblings? Who was her favourite singer? What was her favourite food? She had favourites. She had a personality as complex as all of us. It’s just like Stephanie Harlowe said in that video. We don’t know the little things that made our girl herself.

There is a great thread on Reddit (I believe) that is in remembrance of Holly Glynn, the former Dana Point Jane Doe. It is filled with details provided by childhood friends about her such as her personality, likes/dislikes and favorite bands/songs. Her favorite song was “Seagull” by Bad Company, which I have never heard before despite knowing that band. It’s a gorgeous song and I’m glad I read that thread because I would have not have been exposed to that song without reading it.

Why dont they just create a profile with her dna in GED match and find out who her relatives are?

There's not enough of her DNA available. I believe they exhumed her body in 1999, but only took a small sample and not enough to run. They did run her DNA back then, but it was not done the same way as it is today, and I think the results were inconclusive because the DNA was degraded... They would have to re-exhume her body, which costs around $10K and requires a judge to sign off on the order, etc, then do another autopsy, and again obtain and check the DNA... It'll probably happen eventually, but...

BTW, even with the DNA profile it's still a MAJOR job to find relatives - it's not as easy as you would think (or as TV shows would have you believe). It takes countless hours of research and investigating- and that's provided someone related to her put their DNA profile into GED Match, and that they have given permission for law enforcement to access it. This process could take months, if not a year or more to complete.

I completed some basic math with Huntsville's budget, I used the percentage estimate from nearby Houston as a guess, and police should be at least receiving $22,000,000, which is about 35% of the City budget. The dent of $10,000 would take up about 0.50% of their budget, which I hope wouldn't affect the budget.

BTW, even with the DNA profile it's still a MAJOR job to find relatives - it's not as easy as you would think (or as TV shows would have you believe). It takes countless hours of research and investigating- and that's provided someone related to her put their DNA profile into GED Match, and that they have given permission for law enforcement to access it. This process could take months, if not a year or more to complete.

I read that the Sherrifs Department sent a mandible for testing earlier this year, but it failed to get sufficient DNA. They are actively trying and hopefully they'll get enough DNA in the next testing.

There's not enough of her DNA available. I believe they exhumed her body in 1999, but only took a small sample and not enough to run. They did run her DNA back then, but it was not done the same way as it is today, and I think the results were inconclusive because the DNA was degraded... They would have to re-exhume her body, which costs around $10K and requires a judge to sign off on the order, etc, then do another autopsy, and again obtain and check the DNA... It'll probably happen eventually, but...

My last message was in response to this comment :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname