TX TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #3 *NAME NOT RELEASED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
soracco_julie.jpg soracco_julie4.jpg download.jpg download-2.jpg Julie's sister was active in her thread at one point awhile ago too. I think it seems possible.

Edited: Julie's nose seems a little larger too? I have thought when looking into her case previously, it almost looks as though she may have had surgery on her nose though since her pics look so different?? I am sourcing the photos of both girls from Charley Project/those used already here on Websleuths. Just want to be clear since there was an issue with pics used in this thread comparing Mary Jo, and sources/links.

Last edited:
View attachment 259098 View attachment 259099 View attachment 259100 View attachment 259101 Julie's sister was active in her thread at one point awhile ago too. I think it seems possible.

Edited: Julie's nose seems a little larger too? I have thought when looking into her case previously, it almost looks as though she may have had surgery on her nose though since her pics look so different?? I am sourcing the photos of both girls from Charley Project/those used already here on Websleuths. Just want to be clear since there was an issue with pics used in this thread comparing Mary Jo, and sources/links.

I don't know the first thing about anatomy, but it's possible, if Julie is WCJD, she was beaten so severely her nose was disfigured. WCJD's nose is so small that it honestly makes comparing people quite the pain.

I don't know the first thing about anatomy, but it's possible, if Julie is WCJD, she was beaten so severely her nose was disfigured. WCJD's nose is so small that it honestly makes comparing people quite the pain.

I have wondered if WCJD's nose was altered with cosmetic surgery? And comparing photos of Julie, I have also wondered the same.

I wonder too with our victim beaten, how much of her facial features were distorted?

I have wondered if WCJD's nose was altered with cosmetic surgery? And comparing photos of Julie, I have also wondered the same.

Would the medical examiners have noticed her having cosmetic surgery on her nose? I know a cases of a few Jane Does who have been confirmed or suspected to have cosmetic surgery.

Right, a nose would be larger.

The tip and nostrils look much smaller on Julie's nose in her senior photo, when compared to the earlier photos. That is why I was wondering the difference might have been surgical vs makeup and lighting.

Would the medical examiners have noticed her having cosmetic surgery on her nose? I know a cases of a few Jane Does who have been confirmed or suspected to have cosmetic surgery.

I would *think* so, but *maybe* it was overlooked, or just not something thought of as important? Hmmm....

WCJD has such a delicate nose.

It would also depend on what kind of cosmetic nasal surgery. Anything major leaves visible fractures of cheekbone and other facial structures, and they wouldn't have had time to heal completely. But if it was something small, like having a deviated septum repaired, it might not have left any traces that they could detect.

As far as i'm aware, the DNA lab of Othram would or are (i'm unaware as of now) getting involved, hopefully they can identify her to bring closure to anyone who knew her, and to get her killer/s to justice if possible.

I'd say that's very good news if Othram is involved. It seems to be a very skilled and ambitious company. It is also the only one-stop company. They do the sequencing all the way through the family tree and identification, as opposed to a la carte.

Yesterday they announced solve of a difficult case that only had 20 cells worth of usable DNA. That was extremely impressive but I didn't like the attitude of the Othram employee who entered the related Reddit thread. From the outset this field has been nothing but praiseful and respectful toward everyone involved. He's the first guy I've seen who was proclaiming his company beyond the rest, that nobody does what they can do, and so forth.

I took a swipe at him and I'm glad I did. He earned it by making one rude/inaccurate post and then deleting it once somebody else in the field happened to be within the thread and called him out on it.

Regardless, if Othram is indeed involved I would expect a solve. Arrogance like that only surfaces when they know they're good.

He's the first guy I've seen who was proclaiming his company beyond the rest, that nobody does what they can do, and so forth.

There is no reason to be modest if someone exhibits excellent performance IMHO. It is not like a guy boasting about his size - obviously something that doesn't require any work per se

I dont think Julie is WCJD but I wouldn't put money on it. Julie clearly has very dark eyes and WCJD didnt- also, Julie wouldve been 18/19 in 1980 and bone testing put WCJD at 14-16. There isnt much of a resemblance in my opinion, but it is just my opinion.
Then again! I've seen Does misgendered, so it does happen.
I've lurked here for many years, WCJD has always been a special case for me, I love that everyone here, regardless of gender, age, where you are in the world, all have one common goal and that's to get this poor beautiful girl her name back again

A problem with not misgendering assigned female at birth Does is that plenty of cis girls and women wore boys and mens clothing even in the seventies and eighties so if a female skeleton Doe is found in guys clothing that doesn't always mean they were trans when alive

A problem with not misgendering assigned female at birth Does is that plenty of cis girls and women wore boys and mens clothing even in the seventies and eighties so if a female skeleton Doe is found in guys clothing that doesn't always mean they were trans when alive

There was a Doe that was gendered as female, she had given birth, but it was a male. Cannot recall which Doe unfortunately.
I think the babes in the wood Does were gendered wrong also. Mistakes do happen I guess

There was a Doe that was gendered as female, she had given birth, but it was a male. Cannot recall which Doe unfortunately.
I think the babes in the wood Does were gendered wrong also. Mistakes do happen I guess
It's harder with identifying young children.

Thank You all for the helpful information. I did submit Mary Jo for DNA comparison and it is currently in the hands of investigating agencies. I only hope that based on the descrepencies, Mary Jo is not totally dismissed but looked upon as a genuine possibility.
(Photographs courtesy of Mary Jo Long public FB page)

Attachments

• PhotoCollage_1597428007685.jpg
    PhotoCollage_1597428007685.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 167
  • PhotoCollage_1597422553490.jpg
    PhotoCollage_1597422553490.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 133
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online