Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think renewed interest in the case may be because people realize, damn; this girl has been unidentified for almost 4 DECADES. Not only that but as I posted before, and just posted the links by request, but there were 2 popular YouTube channels that did Halloween mysteries videos back on this past Halloween and it could've been that people saw these and looked to see if there was any info on Facebook. Maybe.
Carl, do you know if there was an autopsy report released on her? And also in reference to a question I asked on another post: were the pictures that were shown to the gas station employees, the witnesses, pics from the morgue (after embalming), or drawings of her, or the photos of when she was found?

Don't think it is so much an "urgent need" as just a question that is lingering in a lot of people's minds. There have been cases where the proposed age was a teenager and the person ended up being an adult when they were finally identified. Case in point Andrea Cuiper (not sure if I am spelling that last name right). She was adopted and set off to find her birth family. Her adopted family thought she found her biological family.

But WCJD looks like a kid. Late teens/early twenties females tend to look more like women.

Are there post-Mortum pictures? Sometimes that’s helps...

It would've been nice to know from the doe network that when you click "view post mortems" it downloads the picture onto your computer.

Jeez. That would be an odd one to explain if someone ever went through my hard drive trying to recover deleted files.

Oh geez, yes, I've researched some things that would make them think I'm a serial killer at least.

But you might be able to change whether the photos are saved. That usually isn't under the control of the website; usually a setting somewhere in your browser determines whether a local copy of images is downloaded and saved. Most browsers also have settings to clear saved images and other stuff when you exit.

It would've been nice to know from the doe network that when you click "view post mortems" it downloads the picture onto your computer.

Jeez. That would be an odd one to explain if someone ever went through my hard drive trying to recover deleted files.

I have never had it download the picture on me but I see that is an option. When I click on the thumbnail pic it brings up a larger photo in another window. It only downloads if I click the download button in the corner above the thumbnail (it's a little symbol that looks like an inbox with an arrow over it and it says "download" when I hover over it). However, this may depend on what kind of browser/device you are using and your personal settings. I have my browser set to always alert me before downloading and it asks something like "are you sure you want to download this"... You may want to explore your settings. Hopefully if anyone ever went through your hard drive and found Walker County Jane Doe's pictures they would also see you are member and commenter here and it would make some sense. :)

Do we have a current list of rule outs?

These are the ruleouts on Namus. There are quite a few further names scattered through the thread. And I think there's a list on Porchlight, but I don't have a pointer.

MP2560 Maria Anjiras 02/12/1976 Fairfield CT
MP5860 Marie Blee 11/21/1979 Routt CO
MP2928 Kristy Booth 02/02/1980 Midland TX
MP5879 Joyce Brewer 09/06/1970 Dallas TX
MP2345 Carla Corley 08/12/1980 Jefferson AL
MP11009 Kimberly Doss 05/29/1979 Duval FL
MP28953 Roxane Easland 06/28/1980 Anchorage AK
MP2492 Wendy Eaton 05/17/1975 Delaware PA
MP2362 Rachael Garden 03/22/1980 Rockingham NH
MP6937 Tina Kemp 02/03/1979 Kent DE
MP6263 Cindy King 07/19/1977 Josephine OR
MP8253 Deborah McCall 11/05/1979 DuPage IL
MP6391 Angela Meeker 07/07/1979 Pierce WA
MP2392 Laureen Rahn 04/27/1980 Hillsborough NH
MP6744 Mary Trlica 12/23/1974 Tarrant TX
MP4592 Karen Zendrosky 10/22/1979 Mercer NJ

Unidentified Person Case

I have never had it download the picture on me but I see that is an option. When I click on the thumbnail pic it brings up a larger photo in another window. It only downloads if I click the download button in the corner above the thumbnail (it's a little symbol that looks like an inbox with an arrow over it and it says "download" when I hover over it). However, this may depend on what kind of browser/device you are using and your personal settings. I have my browser set to always alert me before downloading and it asks something like "are you sure you want to download this"... You may want to explore your settings. Hopefully if anyone ever went through your hard drive and found Walker County Jane Doe's pictures they would also see you are member and commenter here and it would make some sense. :)

It was on one of the linked articles. It said something about autopsy photos: "picture 1" and "picture 2" were clickable links so...I figured it would just pop it in another tab....apparently not lol.

Changing my settings is a good idea, too. I should go do that lol

Even though its true she could have come from anywhere I would have to say she at least sounded like she was from Texas. I think that would have been one of the first things the people who talked to her would have mentioned.
Its possible she was estranged from her family. Its even possible she was married. I have seen many missing girls who were 16 or 17 and married. One I saw yesterday I believe said she was 15 and married. Another story I heard was about a girl who ran away many times and when she actually went missing her family just assumed she had run away again and didn't end up reporting her missing for over 5 years.
I think either someone is finally going to ask about what happened to their sister, niece, friend, etc and she is found that way or her DNA is put into GEDMatch and we find some distant relative that never knew anything about her. I did genealogy research when I worked for an attorney. It was one of the first things I tried when I decided to research WCJD. Without a starting point its needle in a haystack territory.

Have an out there question not as familiar with WCJD as many others here ... if she was carrying her shoes in hand was she bare foot or did she have another pair of shoes on? Weather in the south can vary were normally 70-80 up into Jan, but given it was Oct.....not sure barefoot would be ideal. This has been a random question dancing in the back of my mind for awhile ...

Have an out there question not as familiar with WCJD as many others here ... if she was carrying her shoes in hand was she bare foot or did she have another pair of shoes on? Weather in the south can vary were normally 70-80 up into Jan, but given it was Oct.....not sure barefoot would be ideal. This has been a random question dancing in the back of my mind for awhile ...
Some times its warm and some years Halloween is very cold. I think it was said to be cold that year which explains the sweater(s?) she was wearing. If it had been hot that night she would have been burning up. But then again it could have been 80 degrees that night but much colder when she left where ever she started.
I am guessing she had to take the shoes off because they were hurting her feet.

Some times its warm and some years Halloween is very cold. I think it was said to be cold that year which explains the sweater(s?) she was wearing. If it had been hot that night she would have been burning up. But then again it could have been 80 degrees that night but much colder when she left where ever she started.
I am guessing she had to take the shoes off because they were hurting her feet.

Understand the variable weather changes it has been rather crazy this year .. I do not know why whether she was wearing shoes at the time or not has roamed around in my mind. I know she was carrying shoes but did the people she encounter notice if she was barefoot or not. Sometimes I think about random and useless information ... LOL

Understand the variable weather changes it has been rather crazy this year .. I do not know why whether she was wearing shoes at the time or not has roamed around in my mind. I know she was carrying shoes but did the people she encounter notice if she was barefoot or not. Sometimes I think about random and useless information ... LOL
I haven't heard that she was wearing different shoes. I think that was one of the ways the witnesses helped identify her. It doesn't seem that she was seen with a purse or bag at either place.

The theory that WCJD was from a girl's home run by a religious pastor or group. Most of these homes didn't let the girls just leave and would often forcibly track them down and bring them back (or if they were homes run by cults, even kill them - Rose Cole). But, WCJD's demeanor ("who cares") doesn't suggest she feared being tracked down and captured.

I think she had a huge argument with her parents or caregiver and left home wearing whatever she was wearing that day and wasn't prepared for various weather conditions. Either that or she was kicked out of her house for whatever reason, that would explain why she said "who cares?"

I think the response "who cares" was more about the fact that a stranger was asking her so many questions. More of a "none of your business" response. When I was a kid we would respond like that when someone was annoying us.
From the descriptions of people who talked to her it seems she got in and got out. No one said she was hanging around. That says to me she was in a hurry to get somewhere or she had someone she was with. Why would you stay when your buddy is out waiting for you? I know that she was seen getting out of a blue car. Which place was that? Or was it at both places?
It might not be that she was afraid of being tracked down but her shutting down the waitress when she started asking questions might mean she thought it was possible someone could have a report that she was a runaway and too much information would lead the police to her. It could be that she did plan on going back home but not before she met whoever she planned to meet.
The response of being from Aransas Pass/Rockport has been a stumbling block. I'm not sure she was actually "from" there but more likely she had been staying there at some point or had family there. She might have some connection to the place but there doesn't seem to be any evidence that she was a long time resident. Could be that her family or a friend owned a beach house and she had stayed there during the summer. That would explain why no one at the schools recognized her and why people who grew up there don't know her.
I wonder about the route she took. Its possible she got a ride in Galveston and and started her journey up 45 from there. Otherwise she would have traveled through many towns and possibly on many different roads before reaching Huntsville.
Aransas Pass to Galveston is almost a 4 hour trip. Galveston to Huntsville is about 2 hours. This is according to Google maps with today's speed limits and roads. In 1980 it probably would have taken longer.
If you go through Victoria and up to Brenham and Navasota it would be about a 4 1/2 hour journey.
Not knowing the route she took its possible she had to go out of her way to get to her destination. This could easily make a days journey into two or three days. She had to have gotten food and water or stopped to go to the bathroom if that is the case. Even just making it out of Aransas Pass might have taken a while if she had to search out a ride.
On the other hand, if she had someone she knew who gave her a ride then the journey could have been done in the course of a few hours with few stops. Or they could have told her they would take her as far as a certain destination and she could find a ride from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname