GUILTY TX - Jacob West for kidnap, sexual abuse of 14yo girl, Houston, 2013

check the comments that they may be related

IF any of the comments are true that theorize Haylie and her abductor are related.. That would certainly put a whole other slant on this event! :what:

JMO

Ah in the time it took me to find that out.. I'm actually starting to wonder what the point of the Amber Alert system is..

It is primarily to save the lives of children who have been abducted by a stranger.
It simply means more eyes and ears.

If each local news station would dedicate 10 mins at the end of their news reports to publicize the missing in their viewing area, there would be no need for the AA at all.

To overuse the system would be like 'crying wolf' insofar as it would be used for every minor who ran away, abusive partners would use it to harrass the 'other' parent, and the public at large would get Alert fatigue, it would lose it's impact. (not to us here, but the public at large).

Law enforcement work to find these children, with or without an Amber Alert.

It is primarily to save the lives of children who have been abducted by a stranger.

If each local news station would dedicate 10 mins at the end of their news reports to publicize the missing in their viewing area, there would be no need for the AA at all.

To overuse the system would be like 'crying wolf' insofar as it would be used for every minor who ran away, abusive partners would use it to harrass the 'other' parent, and the public at large would get Alert fatigue, it would lose it's impact. (not to us here, but the public at large).

I can see that - but issuing them and then withdrawing them and then apparently reissuing just confuses the issue. I saw a lot of comments from people saying "how do I turn the alert off" and "stop wasting our time with runaways". Therefore it seems to me the system as it stands risks being devalued. I don't know what stage it gets issued at and how far down the investigation LE have gone but feels like something needs reviewing.

I certainly don't doubt LE are working on a case, I just wonder about public attitude. People don't seem to have a whole lot of patience nowadays. Heavens knows what people complaining about one AA would do if they realised just how many children and adults are going missing without any real attention directed on them....

IF any of the comments are true that theorize Haylie and her abductor are related.. That would certainly put a whole other slant on this event! :what:

JMO

Sure would! Still can't find much on FB - just hope she's ok.

Is anywhere other than Toraradical saying authorities believe Haylie is in "extreme danger"?

You're absolutely right, and thank you for saying this.

Might help to remember, too, that LE doesn't make the rules on the AA system. At least that's what I've been told, I could be wrong.

I'm pretty sure LE works to find them, even if they went with the person willingly, due to the age. AFAIK, 14 is still considered a minor in Texas, not legally old enough to make that kind of decision. And whether he enticed her or she did the enticing, HE is old enough to know it's wrong, whether she does or not. I hope they find them and he is prosecuted.

“We were up most of the night hoping to get a phone call,” said the girl’s uncle, Dana Nixon. “The longer it goes, the more concerned we get.”
Nixon says White moved into his home on By the Lake Way in Cypress last week. Her family was trying to keep her away from West, who lives next door to her mother.
“We basically told him she was moving in here, we did not want him in the picture, it was inappropriate,” said Nixon.
Authorities say West ignored the family’s requests and continued to pursue the teen girl. Tuesday afternoon she was taking a walk with family and jumped into his car.
“She hopped in the guy’s truck and took off,” said Nixon. “I think he is manipulating her.”
http://www.khou.com/news/local/187955651.html

Is anywhere other than Toraradical saying authorities believe Haylie is in "extreme danger"?

I don't know what/who Toraradical is, but the updated post on Seeking The Lost FB page states:

2:14am Central Time: TEXAS AMBER ALERT! Emergency! Police believe this child is in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm. Click here to verify: http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/AmberExternalFCServlet?act=retAmberCase&amberId=11178

"At one point she walked outside, he pulled up and told her to run," said Dana Nixon, a family friend who lives with the teen. "She hopped in the car with him and they're gone."

Family friends said they believe Haylie was taken by her former neighbor, 33-year-old Jacob West. He is described as white, 6 feet 2 inches tall and 220 pounds with short brown hair and brown eyes.

The two are believed to be traveling in a silver 2005 GMC Envoy with Texas license plate No. AT4 2794.
http://www.click2houston.com/news/A...irl/-/1735978/18238862/-/o6mxr4z/-/index.html

JMO

Agreed! And I will never understand why there isn't more info released when things like this happen! If my child were missing, you wouldn't be able to shut me up about every detail I could think of!

Even if they are related, she's still a minor that was taken from her home, and I would think her parents would be more forthcoming with any info that could help locate her. :banghead:

I am still completely flabbergasted that a photograph of the abductor hasn't been released by LE yet.

I was trying to find out if there was any new information but of course I see nothing. I did find that he supposedly owns TWO vehicles so one article stated that police didnt know which one they might be in. interesting.

I do not like how some of these cases are treated. so what if she jumped willingly in the vehicle? I dont care if she paid him; it's still a crime and she's still too young to understand.

Sooooooooo they moved her away from him and then he followed? :what:

It looks like she had a FB account at one point and deleted it but no idea when.

I'm not sure that I read it that way. If that was her uncle speaking about it - it seems that (and this is my theory of course) she may have visited a lot or came over and West was already interested in her. Then for whatever reason, White moved in with her uncle and whatever family is there living beside West. If I read correctly, it was referring to West's mother not white's (?) -- both the "W" names are messing me up

Looking at his wife's fb, he is also a father to two little girls. So sad. I hope he gives himself up for them and leaves Haylie unharmed.

I'm not sure that I read it that way. If that was her uncle speaking about it - it seems that (and this is my theory of course) she may have visited a lot or came over and West was already interested in her. Then for whatever reason, White moved in with her uncle and whatever family is there living beside West. If I read correctly, it was referring to West's mother not white's (?) -- both the "W" names are messing me up

White moved in with DN because West lives next door to White's mom is how I read it, but I think I misunderstood and thought West then moved in nearby.

Either way.. how do these guys get that obsessed? :banghead:

White moved in with DN because West lives next door to White's mom is how I read it, but I think I misunderstood and thought West then moved in nearby.

Either way.. how do these guys get that obsessed? :banghead:

I took it your way as well West lived next to HW and her mother. HW moves in with her uncle and West continues contacting the girl. What I do not get is why did they even bother to tell him where she was moving. It was none of his business.

HW, Age Now: 14, Missing: 01/22/2013. Missing From HOUSTON, TX. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Harris County Constable's Office (Texas) 1-281-376-3472.

More...

NCMC1209500c1.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa