GUILTY TX - Jade Allsop, 5 mos, suffocated in sexual assault, Copperas Cove, 26 Jan 2005

Oh my goodness, these poor infants. Is it just my imagination, or am I hearing about a lot more child *advertiser censored* arrests lately? It's frightening to me to realize just how many of these perverts are out there. I used to think such an 'affliction' (for lack of a better word) was fairly uncommon - now I think the opposite, and here is the proof, all these stories. I don't have children but if I did I can't imagine how paranoid I'd probably be, leaving them alone with anyone. It's crazy.

I am the third generation from a 'monster' such as this- they do exist- I can vouch first hand. My opinion, it was done to him, I am sure he did it to my mother, he did it to me, but it stops here. I believe certain perpetrators choose VERY young victims for the sole purpose of getting away with it FOREVER. Had this sweet child not died he very well may have. I have much more I would like to say but not sure this is the time. I am so relieved that it has ended for him- at least it better have!

(((Hugs)))) and thank you for sharing your story! Your decision to stop the cycle gives me hope that others will follow suit!!

Wow, living in the shadow of Ft. Hood, I am shocked that this has not made headlines in this area. Be assured I will do my best to make people aware.

What a truly sick individual! It makes me sick to look at pictures of him holding his daughter. I feel for this poor Mother, that must grieve the murder, of her precious baby, as well as the assault of her child, by his 'father'. I have to trust in God that there is a special place in hell for people who choose to act out impulses against children.

As for allowing criminals in the army, judges used to assign offenders to serve their sentance in the service. I could never quite understand that mentality.

We lived in Central Texas for 14 years (1972-1986) and used to drive up to Killeen to go out to dinner. Our family was growing and becoming transcultural and it felt so darned good to sit at the Luby's or Piccadilly with the kids and NOT be stared at. We always felt so comfortable with the welcome and the diversity which did not exist at that time in our tiny Texas town. Two of our daughters are Korean born and I can't tell you the number of times soldiers approached our table and spoke to our girls in Korean. Of course, they couldn't understand a word as they'd been adopted as infants but they soon learned proper greetings. That's a sweet memory.

This is interesting. An investigator in Seguin, TX is credited with bringing this investigation to a close. Seguin in 125 miles from Copperas Cove and the Ft. Hood area. Notice that this article also states that Allsop was a prior resident of Universal City, TX--adjacent to Randolph Air Force Base and 25 miles from Seguin. Is there any military position that would take him to both Ft. Hood and the AF Base? I'm so pleased that Investigator Humphrey would NOT give up.

http://seguingazette.com/story.lasso?ewcd=3a83b994e2714b74

Detective’s investigation credited for arrest

"Seguin-The tenacity of a detective who wouldn’t quit a sexual assault investigation when his suspect moved 2,000 miles away is being credited with helping authorities unravel a series of alleged sexual assaults of children — and has led to the arrest on capital murder charges in the 2005 death of a five-month old infant.

Former Universal City resident Joseph Allsop, 27, was taken into custody last week by military investigators at Fort Lewis, Wash. on a capital murder warrant out of Copperas Cove, Texas.

Allsop is being held in the Pierce County Jail, awaiting extradition to Texas.

The soldier was under investigation by Guadalupe County Sheriff’s Investigator Scott Humphrey in an unrelated sexual assault case...."

and

"...During the investigation, Lehmann said authorities learned Allsop was convicted as a sex offender while still underage in Oregon. He moved to Texas, where he was required to register as a sex offender at age 18, but failed to do so, Lehmann said.

Guadalupe County Sheriff’s Investigator Sgt. Craig Jones said Humphrey began investigating allegations of sexual abuse against Allsop in early June. He uncovered leads linking Allsop to the Oregon case — and learned Allsop had failed to register in this state...."

and

"....This case came together as a result of like-minded professionals working together as a team,” Jones said. “Investigator Humphrey started a chain reaction when he checked into allegations tied to Joseph Allsop’s past, and tapped into dedicated military investigators to help complete the final lap in the investigation.....”

more at link

*I'm not a native Texas but I did live there for 14 years. Texans pronounce their town names in a "unique" Texan fashion. Sequin is pronounced "Sa-geen".

I thought that I'd remembered that SIDS had been mentioned as a COD for JA. jjenny had asked about that and I wanted to clarify. Here's the article:

http://www.kxxv.com/global/story.asp?s=13058849

"Originally it was thought that JA died from "Sudden Infant Death Syndrome," (SIDS) an autopsy was conducted in 2005 on the child with the findings of "undetermined" for the cause and manner of death. The autopsy was performed by the Southwestern Institute of Forensic Science, Dallas, Texas...."

more at link

I don't know if this means that Allsop was adjudicated in Jackson County (this is where I live) or merely lived here at age 17 when he stopped registering. I spent last night trying to understand the laws on "termination" and sealing and expuction of records. I found out this morning that different Oregon counties interpret the laws differently. Some refuse expunction for certain crimes while others are more willing to allow it. Regardless as to whether his records were sealed or expunged, he was still required to register.

Being that he's being charged with failure to register, that tells me that there was never any termination. I just cannot fathom why the military would not have uncovered the fact that he had failed to register as a SO. I found it:

http://search.criminalcheck.com/pddetails.php?db=ORSX&rec=3687&ed=213&dlnumber=CC&dlstate=CC&id=CC

County: JACKSON
Supervision Type: OFF
Name: ALLSOP, JOSEPH EDWARD
Date of Birth: 0 1983
Hair
Eyes
Height
Weight
As-Of Date: 01/04/2000
Higher Education
City
UNCONFIRMED ADDRESS
ZIP Code

This is interesting. An investigator in Seguin, TX is credited with bringing this investigation to a close. Seguin in 125 miles from Copperas Cove and the Ft. Hood area. Notice that this article also states that Allsop was a prior resident of Universal City, TX--adjacent to Randolph Air Force Base and 25 miles from Seguin. Is there any military position that would take him to both Ft. Hood and the AF Base? I'm so pleased that Investigator Humphrey would NOT give up.

http://seguingazette.com/story.lasso?ewcd=3a83b994e2714b74

Detective’s investigation credited for arrest

"Seguin-The tenacity of a detective who wouldn’t quit a sexual assault investigation when his suspect moved 2,000 miles away is being credited with helping authorities unravel a series of alleged sexual assaults of children — and has led to the arrest on capital murder charges in the 2005 death of a five-month old infant.

Former Universal City resident Joseph Allsop, 27, was taken into custody last week by military investigators at Fort Lewis, Wash. on a capital murder warrant out of Copperas Cove, Texas.

Allsop is being held in the Pierce County Jail, awaiting extradition to Texas.

The soldier was under investigation by Guadalupe County Sheriff’s Investigator Scott Humphrey in an unrelated sexual assault case...."

and

"...During the investigation, Lehmann said authorities learned Allsop was convicted as a sex offender while still underage in Oregon. He moved to Texas, where he was required to register as a sex offender at age 18, but failed to do so, Lehmann said.

Guadalupe County Sheriff’s Investigator Sgt. Craig Jones said Humphrey began investigating allegations of sexual abuse against Allsop in early June. He uncovered leads linking Allsop to the Oregon case — and learned Allsop had failed to register in this state...."

and

"....This case came together as a result of like-minded professionals working together as a team,” Jones said. “Investigator Humphrey started a chain reaction when he checked into allegations tied to Joseph Allsop’s past, and tapped into dedicated military investigators to help complete the final lap in the investigation.....”

more at link

*I'm not a native Texas but I did live there for 14 years. Texans pronounce their town names in a "unique" Texan fashion. Sequin is pronounced "Sa-geen".

I don't know anything about military specialties that specifically cross between Army and Air Force bases, but Allsop is now stationed at a joint Army/Air Force base, so maybe there's something in that. Maybe there is a specialty that would call for an Army soldier to be stationed near Air Force bases.

Per my son in law, stationed at Ft. Hood, the only soldiers also stationed at Air force bases also are usually medical or military police MOS's. He doesn't know of any others.

According to a search on Classmates.com, he listed 2 high schools in Oregon and 1 in Texas.

* Crater High School, Central Point, OR, 1998-2000

* Eagle Point High School, Eagle Point, OR, 1998-2000

* Marion High School, Marion, TX, 1999-2002

I also found his FB page:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001266142184&ref=sgm

The young woman with him is not his wife. I will not post her name, but she posted a comment in the first news article attached to this thread. She also has a child by him and from what I can tell, he has not touched this child, but who knows for sure.

My prayers are with these babies and their families.

There's several people here in Jackson County who are trying to figure where, when, and why this man was adjudicated. I also see him at Eagle Point High. I don't know why he'd also be listed at Crater unless he was in a special class there. I'll talk to my daughter-by-marriage tomorrow. She taught English and Drama at Eagle Point High from 1997-2004. This is really worrying me.

Missizzy, I could be totally off on this, but do you think its possible that he changed high schools because of what he did? I did a search on the Allsop name in both Eagle Point and Central Point (Crater High School). Anyway, I'm thinking he may have moved in with a relative in order to transfer schools and when that didn't work out, he came to Texas. JMO

ETA: According to Google Maps, Marion is very close to Sequin and RAFB.

Per my son in law, stationed at Ft. Hood, the only soldiers also stationed at Air force bases also are usually medical or military police MOS's. He doesn't know of any others.

Field of MOS's not specific MOS's.

Some Signal MOS (for example: space operations, space satellite commo)

Some Linguistics MOS's.

Some Special Ops MOS's.

Any joint command will be a mixture of Army, AF, Navy and Marines.

Kind of like here in Hawaii.

Also the ones you listed Sunnie.

(that was off the top of my Hubs head).

A couple of last things, then I must go to bed.

The city of Marion (Marion High School) is in Guadalupe county.

I'm been trying to figure out why he would confess to killing his daughter. I mean, after all, he got away with it. I don't recall reading there was any suspicions back then. All I can come up with is he wanted to inflict major pain on his wife. He could have let her go on believing their daughter had passed from SIDS. He is an evil, evil man.

god bless this mom for listening to and believing her son. And to all WS members who have suffered from any kind of abuse please know that all of us here support you. How can any parent think their child is lying when they report this stuff????? May thjis perp rot in -------

I can't imagine the pain this whole family is feeling. May God comfort all of them and serve his own justice on the that did this.

I only see the years of 1998-2000 at Eagle Point or Crater High in Jackson County, OR. There are definitely family members in this area. I don't like to point fingers but this family would have certainly known of Allsop's past. To not insist that he tell his new wife about his past is unconscionable. When she gave birth, they had a responsibility to protect their granddaughter, IMO.

Allsop has since had another child with a woman who gives her full name on one of the comment sections. She says that he never hurt her child and I pray that's true. The only way we can be certain of that, though, is if he's never been around that child or if that little boy is yet to be born. My heart goes out to her as I can't imagine carrying the child of a man you loved, only to learn he's a monster.

The wife is estranged and is now safe with her child. This man has abused many, though, I'm certain. My guess is that he has victims throughout Oregon, Texas, and Iraq. And anywhere else he's ever traveled. I am so hopeful that more victims will speak out. Because he seemed to target the very young, I'm hopeful that any parent who has crossed his path since he was a child, will think back to opportunities he might have had.

Yes, he attended Eagle Point High School in at least 1998-1999. I have personal confirmation. I also found this:

http://www.kdhnews.com/news/story.aspx?s=44004

"Lt. Gregg Hastings, Oregon State Police public information officer, confirmed that Allsop is a registered sex offender but, according to information from the Copperas Cove Police Department, Allsop never registered in Texas.

Hastings said Allsop was convicted in 1997 when he was 14 years old."

I've also learned, through public MS pages that he has a close male relative, who is eight years younger who was also adjudicated for a sex crime as a teen. And I am not referring to issues of consent at age 17 or so. I'm speaking about crimes committed at an earlier age.

waste of skin, suckin up our air. That's all I can say about this one.

tlcox--I have a hard time agreeing as you know me but I'm leaning that way, sad to say. My greatest fear is that this person has abused numerous infants and toddlers since he was young. Studies show that those abused before they learn language have an especially hard time. They've experienced pain and fear associated with touch but have no way to access the memory other than their other senses. They might have triggers for the rest of their lives and have no earthly clue as to why.

This is why it is imperative that any family who came into contact with this monster, contact LE to give them the particulars. The little ones might be years older now but possibly when confronted with names and photos, Allsop might confess. He seems to be in a confessional mode right now. This revelation about a child could answer SO many unanswered questions about health and behavior issues which have been perplexing. If in any doubt, please contact LE.

New information coming out:

http://www.kdhnews.com/news/story.aspx?s=44211

Soldier kept history as sex offender off record

"A man charged with capital murder in the death of his young daughter was convicted of first-degree sodomy in 1997 in Oregon, but his name evades public sex offender registries in three states and military background checks.

Joseph Allsop, 27, awaits extradition back to Texas from Washington after detailing in a 12-page confession letter that his 5-month-old daughter died after he sexually assaulted her in 2005.

Vi Batey, manager of the Oregon State Sex Offender Registry, said Allsop did register in Oregon as a juvenile but became non-compliant in 2000.

Over the course of two years following his 1997 offense, Allsop spent an accumulative 18 days in the Jackson County Detention Center in Medford, Ore.

JCDC Deputy Director Joe Ferguson said Allsop was required to register as a sex offender in Oregon and that he was to notify the states to which he moved.

First-degree sodomy is a class A felony in Oregon and adults face a maximum of 20 years in prison. Juveniles are probated and remain under supervision until the age of 23 [EBM: can continue to age 25] in some cases but Ferguson said Allsop's case was closed March 31, 2000..."

Not going to comment yet on this.......but somebody dropped the ball.

From the link above:

"Allsop enlisted in the U.S. Army May 7, 2002, in San Antonio as a radio operator/maintainer."

One wonders what he was doing in his first two years "off the grid"?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alafair
Back