Found Deceased TX - James, 48 & Michelle Butler, 46, driving RV to Fort Lauderdale from Corpus Christi, 14 Oct 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Oct 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuyfromCanada

GuyfromCanada Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

RUMNEY, N.H. — A couple from Rumney who were last seen in Texas are missing, relatives said.

Family members said James and Michelle Butler are full-time recreational vehicle travelers. A sheriff's department in Texas said the two were last seen around noon Oct. 14 at a park in Corpus Christi.

Relatives said the Butlers checked in with them almost daily since leaving New Hampshire until last week. It's believed they were heading to Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

The two were driving a silver Chevrolet pickup truck with New Hampshire license plate 373-8968. The truck was pulling an RV.

Rumney couple on RV trip reported missing

Family and friends desperately searching for missing couple

2. GuyfromCanada

The couple's family in New Hampshire is used to them camping out, but what they are not used to is losing contact with them since they talk on a daily basis.
    James and Michelle Butler started traveling in their RV in June of 2018 after James retired from the Navy.

"He traveled the world in the Navy and he never got to spend anytime in the United States," James Butler's sister Deborah van Loon said. "So they have been be-bopping around the United States in a camper."
    She said she last spoke with her brother last week about selling his home in New Hampshire. But when she tried to contact them, their phones just kept going to voicemail.

More at Missing New Hampshire couple last seen at Padre Balli Park

3. roguelady

roguelady Well-Known Member

Sure hope these two are ok. It's been 9 days now. That's a big truck and trailer to be missing, especially along the Gulf Coast where there are no mountains, steep cliffs, heavily wooded areas, etc. (like we have here in Oregon.)

4. Curiousobserver

Curiousobserver Well-Known Member

Somebody needs to start driving the likely route and asking for gas stations to look at their video. You can't go far in a rig like that without stopping for gas.

5. tigerteeth

tigerteeth Well-Known Member

Hopefully they are just chilling along the route in a no reception zone still.

margarita25, Rural_PC, nola1 and 8 others like this.
  6. Curiousobserver

Curiousobserver Well-Known Member

Large areas of the coast seem to be without good cell coverage. They could be stuck in one of those dead-zones.

Verizon Wireless 3G / 4G / 5G coverage in Corpus Christi, United States - nPerf.com

margarita25, afitzy, Laughing and 5 others like this.
  7. bkgregg5

bkgregg5 Well-Known Member

Wonder if the family knew they were going directly to Florida. If they detoured and went towards Uvalde/Hill Country area, there are pockets of land with zero cell service. We used to camp at Garner State Park and would have zero cell reception. I warned family members in advance and said to call the Park itself if I needed to be reached In case of emergency.

8. CTPDMom

CTPDMom Well-Known Member

The FB missing page is being updated. The latest is not good. I fear this will not end well.

kimpage, afitzy, KatzEye and 10 others like this.
  9. GuyfromCanada

kimpage, margarita25, cody22 and 28 others like this.
  10. BlkMtnGirl

BlkMtnGirl Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh. This is a nightmare. I have never considered the fact that a car-jacker (or rv-jacker) could take a vehicle into Mexico so easily. Praying hard for the Butlers.

kimpage, margarita25, afitzy and 17 others like this.
  11. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Wow - sure is. I actually thought of Mexico, but that they could have crossed on their own for a quick trip. Nothing like what might have happened to them..And their cats too. :(

12. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

I was worried about that, if parked on the beach and not in a RV Park/Resort.
    Maybe alone without any other campers close by. That area is pretty but can be isolated in places - was wondering if they were camping further down the island - Padre Island National Seashore.

US Border Patrol is at Sarita on US 77 from Corpus heading to Mexico.

13. oceanstarryeyes

oceanstarryeyes Well-Known Member

14. Wyle_E_Coyote

Wyle_E_Coyote Well-Known Member

15. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

I'm feeling sick to my stomach over this.

16. tigerteeth

I don’t know if it’s good or bad to not have Facebook and not be able to see comments :eek:

17. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

It's an official Missing Page so here's a link..You may be able to read anyway.
    Finding Michelle & James Butler

neesaki, margarita25, afitzy and 5 others like this.
  18. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

19. tigerteeth

Thanks. Weirdly, I cannot, but it’s ok. I’ll await any official updates. I’m sure others are in the same boat. Surprisingly, I’m not seeing info on the main page of local news anymore.

20. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Me neither. And I'm not sure who's making the posts on the FB page, whether it's family or an admin of the page, so afaic, it's speculation at the moment.

Laughing, bluenoser, Dre and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.